• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Release date

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Looking up on Gamestop. The game is set to be released on Halloween (10/31). How many of you will get it when it comes out? Or will you wait? Also which game do you believe is the one to get?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Looking up on Gamestop. The game is set to be released on Halloween (10/31). How many of you will get it when it comes out? Or will you wait? Also which game do you believe is the one to get?

If it didn't have an SD then there is no definate Street Date. My Gamestops have it as October 1st and October 13th. It can be different by store/region. Without the SD near the date, there isn't anything official.

All the possible dates will depend on which launch day they use.

Nintendo's usual Launch date is Sunday. So, 6th, 13th, 20th, or 27th.
Normal Game launch dates are on Tuesdays so: 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, or 29th.

Most likely it'll be beginning or Mid month. So anywhere between 1st and 15th are the earliest days I see it being.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I might wait a little but if i get one of them on the release date, its probably going to be X version.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
If it didn't have an SD then there is no definate Street Date. My Gamestops have it as October 1st and October 13th. It can be different by store/region. Without the SD near the date, there isn't anything official.

Where can one find this Street date? Such as publication and so forth

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
The 31st? Hmmm, Pokemon games have always been released on Sunday and the 31st of October is on a Thursday. If anything, I'd say it gets released the 20th or the 27th.

fingers crossed for 20 because it's my birthday

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm afraid you shouldn't actually put much stock into that, actually. It happens every new gen or in fact Pokemon game: a website or game store will state that the game is coming out on a particular date. Then another one will soon give a different date. And so forth. And in the end all the guesses by the stores are wrong and the game comes out on a different date.

It's common practise, really. You'll be sure of the date when Nintendo themselves announce the release date, which probably won't happen for some months yet. I believe the Halloween date is just picked by Gamestop for the time being as all we know is that it is in 'October', and that is the last date of the month. (Typically major dates like Christmas have been picked by stores for instance, despite the lack of any Pokemon games ever coming out on that date for at least many years if ever).

As there's not much point in discussing a date that's probably not correct, going to close. Anything else you mentioned there is covered in existing thrads too (e.g. the 'which game would you get' question).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back