• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Sparkling Yellow

What region should I add after Kanto?

• Johto

Votes: 182 43.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 58 13.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 47 11.3%
  • Orre

Votes: 129 31.0%

• Total voters

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010

Index

[alink id="intro"]Introduction[/alink id]
[alink id="plot"]Story/Plot[/alink id]
[alink id="feat"]Features[/alink id]
[alink id="media"]Media[/alink id]
[alink id="bug"]Bugs[/alink id]
[alink id="down"]Downloads[/alink id]
[alink id="cred"]Credits[/alink id]
[alink id="team"]Team[/alink id]

Pokémon Sparkling Yellow Version

[a id]intro[/a id]

:t025:Intro:t025:

Hey guys! I have recently started working on a new project. I used to work on a game called Pokemon Finders, but it didn't seem like I was going to give the players a full "Pokemon Experience" when I released the demo. But, anyways, this is a new game.

This project is basically a remake of the Pokemon Yellow version for Gameboy Color. I intend to add more features, and not stick to the same story.

[a id]plot[/a id]

:t025:Plot:t025:

Well, I haven't made any changes to the plot yet. So, I guess it is the original Yellow so far.

[a id]feat[/a id]

:t025:Features:t025:

~Multiple Versions

Pokemon Sparkling Yellow
  • This version you will play as Ash.
  • The storyline will be exactly the same.
  • No Fakemon!
  • You will only stick to the Kanto Region.
  • Some of the same Features.
  • A little bit of the anime blended into it

Pokemon Sparkling Yellow: Special Edition
  • You will play as a normal boy/girl living in Pallet Town.
  • The storyline will contain twists and more will be added.
  • A decent amount of Fakemon.
  • Kanto + Johto, Sinnoh, or Orre (Colluseum)
  • All of the new features.
  • No anime blended in.

~Potion Making

Haha, well this feature is pretty much self-explanatory. You will be able to create potions based on the berries, and chemicals that you buy and/or find off trees. Of course you can't get chemicals off trees so you have to buy them. But, the scientists won't give you certain chemicals unless you have certain badges or have achieved certain...achievements.

~The Mew Catch

Okay, so I bet almost everyone who has played Pokemon Yellow have tried to catch a Mew using that stupid glitch that doesn't...even...work. Well I got the right thing for you!

During the game, if you visit all of the NPC's houses, you are bound to find an NPC that will give you a certain stone. It is up to you to figure out what to do with that stone.

~Market Membership

I know a LOT of you wish that you could buy rare candies. Well with the Market Membership you can do that. When you go the PokeMart there will be a form you can fill out. You are able to fill out that form and buy a membership. ( It will not be cheap )

Once you buy the Membership, you will be able to buy these certain items (Different Items for different towns):

*Rare Candies - $2200
*Max Revives - $1100

I know it isn't that much, but it's all I could think of at the moment.

*= Available in all cities/towns

~PokeRanch

Spread throughout the Kanto Region, there are ranches. Some will contain only rock-type, and some will contain only fire, some will even contain a variety. So what is the big deal about these ranches? Well, there obviously has to be a ranch owner. Therefore, once you talk to him/her, you will get the chance to buy the owner's pokemon. You will get the chance to sell your Pokemon, and well...that's it.

~Treasures

Scattered throughout the entire Kanto Region + Whatever region you guys choose, there are hidden treasures. You will have to search EVERYWHERE to find these treasures. There will be 30 of them. (So far that's what's planned) So, what do these treasures do? They unlock secret...things
Here they are:
8 - Secret Areas
10 - Secret Pokemon
10 - Secret Items
2 - Legendaries

But, there is the Vantriece Brothers, head of Vantik Corp.
They are basically like Team Rocket, except they try to steal the treasures YOU find!

~Shakeable Trees

These trees are replaced by cuttable trees in certain areas.
By shaking these trees, you are able to get certain items. It's a 2 out of 5 chance. So, a 40% chance of getting an item.

Remember, these trees are shakeable ONCE A DAY!

~Bank System

I DO NOT PLAN TO COPY LUKA'S IDEA!
I was talking to Novus, and he helped me come up with a bank system. Plus, I was already using it from a previous project.

So, with the bank system, you can:

Check how much money you have in the bank.
Deposit Money
Withdraw Money

The system is really simple, I will just need to add some new features.

[a id]media[/a id]

:t025:Media:t025:

Screens
Spoiler:

Videos
Spoiler:

[a id]down[/a id]

:t025:Downloads:t025:

None Yet. Sorry :(

[a id]bug[/a id]

:t010:Bugs:t010:

NONE!

Everything's great so far!

[a id]team[/a id]

:t025:Team:t025:

Tile Designer - Alucus
Spriter - None
Scripter - None
Mapper - None
Feature Assistant - Novus

PM me if you would like to join!

[a id]cred[/a id]

:t025:Credits:t025:

Riceeman - Overworlds + Scripting Help
Poccil - Starter Kit
Kyledove - Few tiles
DarkAbsol - Lots of stuff (Supporting me and the game, ideas, help when I'm stuck)
Dew - Few tiles
ShinyLugia - Important tiles
Avatar - Morty and Silver Overworld, which I edited.

Last edited:

pkmndude2

Absol Master All The Way
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
Great game coming out awsome.Can wait to play it.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
YAY. You finally introduced it to PC, have ya? That's fun. I musta overlooked the multiple versions thing before, though. That is news to me. Anyway, good luck.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
All the bugs you have mentioned are fixed in the latest version of Essentials I believe. I had the same errors when using dependant events as caterpillars but the latest release made them really good. Though you should know that (in the newest version at least) if you have a dependant event with you, you won't be able to do things like surfing, flying etc...so you should think of a way to remove that.

As for the graphics, awsome to see that Alucus is your choice. The tiles are really superb! I like your maps, they are very well laid out. Seems to me like a good game. Looking forward to more.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Great game coming out awsome.Can wait to play it.

Thanks! Look for the beta coming out in about a week or two.

YAY. You finally introduced it to PC, have ya? That's fun. I musta overlooked the multiple versions thing before, though. That is news to me. Anyway, good luck.

Yeah, that was just added bout a two weeks ago.

All the bugs you have mentioned are fixed in the latest version of Essentials I believe. I had the same errors when using dependant events as caterpillars but the latest release made them really good. Though you should know that (in the newest version at least) if you have a dependant event with you, you won't be able to do things like surfing, flying etc...so you should think of a way to remove that.

As for the graphics, awsome to see that Alucus is your choice. The tiles are really superb! I like your maps, they are very well laid out. Seems to me like a good game. Looking forward to more.

Yeah, I just downloaded the newer version of essentials since I got an "Unexpected File Format" Error. I couldn't do anything about it so I just downloaded a newer version, and it's all set! Everythings back to the way it was.

Thanks, at first I thought he would say no to being the Tile Designer, since I thought he would be too busy, but he actually said yeah so I'm really excited.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Looks like a nice game. Can't wait for a demo.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Okay, so this is UPDATE TIME! Yeah, I know I haven't posted in a while. We have had some trouble with the menu script.

====================================
Part 1 - Mew Event Screenshots
====================================
Okay, so I have created some screenshots for you guys to look at. The Mew event is fully complete! I am not telling you where to find the stone. It is a secret. Yes, you will be able to find it in the demo. When/If you find the mew, it will be at level 5 so it doesn't really know that good of moves. Enough chit-chat. Here is the SCREENS:

capture002.png

capture003z.png

It will make alot more sense once you actually play it.
The 2nd screen looks kind of weird.

===================================
Part 2 - The New Menu!
Thanks to venom12, Pokemon Sparkling Yellow now has a much better menu system. Now, before you look at the screenshot, I know it may look like Ryen's. It wasn't supposed to look like that, but things didn't turn out the way it I wanted. But, I am still incredibly happy with it. Venom12 worked really hard on it and I appreciate it.

capture004j.png

Part 3 - Preview of the Ranch
Okay, so recently I have added the first Pokeranch of the game. Here is the preview screenshot of the Ranch. It is located in Pewter City. The ranch is also underground, so you need to jump down to get into it. (It's extremely noticeable)

capture005.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
I have to say I'm liking the looks of this game also wouldn't the one where you can travel to diffrent reagions with twist in the story and fakemon be considered the speacial edition

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I have to say I'm liking the looks of this game also wouldn't the one where you can travel to diffrent reagions with twist in the story and fakemon be considered the speacial edition

Well, kind of. Basically it is special because it is the exact remake with some anime and Ash in it.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2010
WASSUP!!!!!!!!

nice job, lol i like the progress your making, ive got one question though, in the normal edition (not special edition) will all 493 Pokemon be obtainable? (im guessing with the addition of ranches they will be) and - what are your plans for travelling to other continents - to get between kanto and sinnoh you would need a boat or plane - sinnoh is an island. if you want to get to orre or hoenn if you choose to add it, you would need a plane, trains would take 12 hours lol.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
nice job, lol i like the progress your making, ive got one question though, in the normal edition (not special edition) will all 493 Pokemon be obtainable? (im guessing with the addition of ranches they will be) and - what are your plans for travelling to other continents - to get between kanto and sinnoh you would need a boat or plane - sinnoh is an island. if you want to get to orre or hoenn if you choose to add it, you would need a plane, trains would take 12 hours lol.

Thanks! Umm...493 Pokemon...hmm I am going to have to say...no. Most of them will be available after you beat the game.

About the regions, I am putting up a poll for people to decide which region I should add. I am thinking it would be fun to add Orre, but that would be kinda hard considering the tiles. Also, Hoenn would be kind of fun.

If it's Sinnoh, then it would be a boat.
If it's Johto, Magnet Train.
Orre, Plane.
Hoenn, Boat.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
I'll go ahead and give my vote now: Orre. I know you said it would be hard, but considering how well you are doing coupled with who is doing your tiles, I think you should be fine. Plus, no one has ever made a successful handheld version of Orre, so I think that this would help you stand apart even more. BTW, I'm anxiously awaiting the aforementioned Demo/Beta. I loved Yellow, as it was my favorite til Emerald, and have always wanted since the DS came out for there to be a Yellow remake.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Are the tilesets custom? Where did you get the pallete?

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2010
are you thinking of new way's to make pokemoney? it seems everytime i play pokemon i get one repetitive sensation - battles everywhere, using pokemon for more reasons would be funner.
and have you ever considered an upgrade system? Eg. when you got pokeballs but you want great balls, you upgrade at a pokemart and it would cost ??? (type of ball upgrading to) - ??? (type of ball currently) that way, you dont have to waste more money then necessary.

also i like your tiles, it dosent look as diamond/pearlish as most game developers here aim for. diamond and pearl pallete's were too dark imo, if you compare them to FRLGRSE.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Looks great :D
This is way better than I expected this to be when I viewed the thread name.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Will this game have the level 17 pidgeotto event in viridian forest like the original?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Will this game have the level 17 pidgeotto event in viridian forest like the original?

I don't know what you're talking about. Never heard of it. You will be able to get a Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest, but it is rare.

Looks great :D
This is way better than I expected this to be when I viewed the thread name.

The game looks awesome for now!
I just can't wait to try it out :]

Thanks!

Are the tilesets custom? Where did you get the pallete?

I got these tilesets from Alucus. Some of them are custom, some are public. Read the team, he is the official tile designer.

are you thinking of new way's to make pokemoney? it seems everytime i play pokemon i get one repetitive sensation - battles everywhere, using pokemon for more reasons would be funner.
and have you ever considered an upgrade system? Eg. when you got pokeballs but you want great balls, you upgrade at a pokemart and it would cost ??? (type of ball upgrading to) - ??? (type of ball currently) that way, you dont have to waste more money then necessary.

also i like your tiles, it dosent look as diamond/pearlish as most game developers here aim for. diamond and pearl pallete's were too dark imo, if you compare them to FRLGRSE.

I don't get what you're saying. Explain more please.

Actually, thank Alucus_of_Borg. He created the tiles I'm using.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
I don't know what you're talking about. Never heard of it. You will be able to get a Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest, but it is rare.
That's what I meant I always assumed it was a one time event in yellow that went along with the anime with ash getting his Pidgeotto.

Back