• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Thanatos Version

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
I changed it to Mullberry. ;;
It was too cute to pass up, honestly.

CHARACTER UPDATE

Professor Caroline Holly

Regional Pokémon Professor

Holly.png

Thanks to SuperiorLarxene for the adorable theme!

Area of Study :: Alternate Pokémon Forms

Caroline Holly is the mother to Kevin/Anabelle and is happily married to Kenneth, whom is a reputable Black Belt within the Azelon Region.

She is described is aloof and offbeat, she is the best at what she does. Despite her short time in the Azelon region, Holly has made quite a namefor herself. She and Mulberry are the two Professors of the region and they are good friends. Like the rest of her little family, she too is from the Sinnoh region. She was Rowan's star pupil during his golden days and she has learned well.

She does not physically meet up with you until you have chosen your Pokémon and defeated Flaire. She happily greets her child and gives them ten Poké Balls along with the Running Shoes. She is quick to evaluate the chosen starter and she makes her way back to the laboratory. Returning, she warns her child of a mysterious group called Team Nemesis. She has stated that she doesn't know of their intentions, but she is aware of a recent attempt on the regional Champion's life. She warns them to stay away and with that, Holly meanders back to the lab.

Even though she wears heels of her own accord, Holly often complains about her feet hurting.

Hey nice artwork you surely have the talent of doing everything. Say which brush and tool did you used to make it?

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Aww, cool, so Holly is Anabelle and Kevin's mom, making them... siblings? That's weird, I thought Annabelle was from Solaceon and Kevin from the city? I've just gotten confused, and also they both have different surnames...

Hmm, in any case, can you put up a major revamp of the first post? I feel as if it has trailed off, because I see a lot of outdated things. I really want to know what is new, or else I can't comment
3.%20frown.gif

They're not siblings, though that would be kind of cool. She is Kevin's mother if you pick him and Anabelle's if you pick her; they take their father's last name, which differs depending on the player character chosen. If Kevin is chosen, Anabelle lives in Frostpeak Town though she is considered another rival and the same goes for Kevin.

I'll update the first post when I get a chance.

Hey nice artwork you surely have the talent of doing everything. Say which brush and tool did you used to make it?

Thanks.
I used a regular brush and Photoshop.

Riansky

Purr
Years
Professor's artwork looks super amazing Vivv!

Also love the starter choosing grotto, though I would change the mountain tiles. But other than that amazing job jet again!

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Professor's artwork looks super amazing Vivv!

Also love the starter choosing grotto, though I would change the mountain tiles. But other than that amazing job jet again!

Thanks!
I'm revamping a few things right now before I post it on dA, so it might change.

The mountain tiles are my new ones. I dumped the old ones, as these provide some good height differences with the player. Is anything wrong with them?

Riansky

Purr
Years
Thanks!
I'm revamping a few things right now before I post it on dA, so it might change.

The mountain tiles are my new ones. I dumped the old ones, as these provide some good height differences with the player. Is anything wrong with them?

Yes I agree with the height differences, but I have a feeling they just don't fit with the rest of the tiles. I mean there is nothing wrong with the tile itself. If you want and like mine, I can let you use them ^^

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Yes I agree with the height differences, but I have a feeling they just don't fit with the rest of the tiles. I mean there is nothing wrong with the tile itself. If you want and like mine, I can let you use them ^^

Well, if you wouldn't mind? C:
I could test them out and upload a new picture to see if they work well with rest of them.

UPDATE NOTICE

Guys, here is a small notice pertaining to the thread!

Abnegation has done some lovely new CSS for the starter post and
as I type this I'm finalizing the first post. Expect some new screenies and some actually updated information regarding the game! Just bear with me, as I'm getting captcha'd every time I preview the thread because of the CSS. :s

Years
Woah cool artwork! <3 I have the design for my Professor down,but I'm busy with the Badges at the moment. >.> And that last part about heels was completely random!! xP

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Woah cool artwork! <3 I have the design for my Professor down,but I'm busy with the Badges at the moment. >.> And that last part about heels was completely random!! xP

Hah, just felt the need to add that in. ^^
Thanks. c:

Anyways, the first post has been updated aside from the Azelon legend background stuff and screenshots! I'm still revamping the story and other miscellaneous details, but I am hoping to have a demo out by October!

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
They're not siblings, though that would be kind of cool. She is Kevin's mother if you pick him and Anabelle's if you pick her; they take their father's last name, which differs depending on the player character chosen. If Kevin is chosen, Anabelle lives in Frostpeak Town though she is considered another rival and the same goes for Kevin.

I'll update the first post when I get a chance.

Thanks.
I used a regular brush and Photoshop.

Awesome! That means this looks like ken sugimori style without the line art brush.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Awesome! That means this looks like ken sugimori style without the line art brush.

Don't expect to pull off a style with just a brush. Ken Sugimori's style takes time and practice; almost a year it took me to get his style right. Even now, I'm still practicing with it.

Last edited:

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
This looks great! Aw man, I'm always a fire-type junkie, but I'm an even bigger cat fan... I'm gonna go for the grass starter. :)

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
This looks great! Aw man, I'm always a fire-type junkie, but I'm an even bigger cat fan... I'm gonna go for the grass starter. :)

Hah, I could have sworn I replied to you... x'D
Anyways, thank you! I'm glad people seem to like Purleaf. It's good to see that it has some fans.

UPDATE
September 13, 2013

This game isn't dead, peeps!

I've just been real busy. I've been getting a lot of sprites done and working on some Gym Leader concepts. Thanks to Abnegation, the starter town as been updated and so has Springtop Town. I've been working on a few more Pokémon for the game, but I haven't finalized anything. Here are a few pictures of the updated Frostpeak and Springtop.
srncs.png
Spoiler:

Uk0

Pokemon MASTAH!
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Hah, I could have sworn I replied to you... x'D
Anyways, thank you! I'm glad people seem to like Purleaf. It's good to see that it has some fans.

UPDATE
September 13, 2013

This game isn't dead, peeps!

I've just been real busy. I've been getting a lot of sprites done and working on some Gym Leader concepts. Thanks to Abnegation, the starter town as been updated and so has Springtop Town. I've been working on a few more Pokémon for the game, but I haven't finalized anything. Here are a few pictures of the updated Frostpeak and Springtop.
srncs.png
Spoiler:
Awesome! So how much percentage of the game that has finished would that be? Lovin' the progress!

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Awesome! So how much percentage of the game that has finished would that be? Lovin' the progress!

I literally have no idea. x'D It's five in the morning and I can't even do basic math right now. I would guesstimate that it would be about, uh... maybe 6.5%?

UPDATE
September 25th, 2013

I've given Flaire her final update!

I've settled with a design I'm very happy with, so I probably won't change her anytime soon. I've given her a slightly different personality, though now she has a reason rather than just being a jerk. I'll be updating the first page soon. Anyways, here she is!

Spoiler:

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
I'm BACK, you guys!
Now, with 20% more CAPS LOCK.

Yes, I've returned to dump some more finalized concepts of my region. Zircon isn't dead! I've been trying to post this comment on the thread, but I always get distracted and end up closing the window. Anyways, yeah. Zircon isn't dead and I've been been fleshing out some concept 'mon ideas and Gym Leader concepts. Plus, I've been exceptionally lazy. Lack of motivation played a key in the delays, but I forced myself to work through it. Enough of my useless ramblings, it's time to post a recently completed Fakemon line!
20.%20boogie.gif

So, do any of you remember Coalire...?
Probably not! Since I'm soooo nice, here is the little guy.

Spoiler:

Coalire is based off of a fiery coal golem. It was one of my earlier concepts, though it has gone though quite a bit of revamping. Now, I can proudly show off the entire line! I spent about five hours alone on its final evolution, Golavem. It was the trickiest, given that lava is exceptionally hard to shade when you've never done it before. x'D

I would like to introduce you all to Coalire, Pyrone, and Golavem.

Spoiler:

Coalire evolves into Pyrone starting at Level 35 while Pyrone will evolve into Golavem when exposed to a Magma Stone.

Coalire's line focuses on attacking relentlessly; Moxie is their only ability, and as such, these Pokémon can wreck a team given enough time out. They have very high Attack and Sp. Attack but their drawbacks are the painfully obvious quadruple weakness to Water and their terribly speed stat.

= Fun Fact =

Magma Stones cannot be found on any routes or caves in the game.

Much like in Lumiose City, there is a special store in the Azelon region that sells just evolutionary stones. Not only that, they sell the regular evolutionary items. They are expensive, however. This store is located in the sixth floor of the Shopping Mall in Jager City. He sells the
the Magma Stone for 10,000 Poké Dollars. Also in the same store is a masseuses. For a modest fee, she will massage your Pokémon to increase its happiness.

Anyways, I've rambled enough!

I'd love to know what you think. Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated! Keep an eye out for more updated 'mon and other concepts~!
10.%20giggle.gif

Back