• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genaration 6 "Wants"

which new or old feature would you like to see in Generation 6?

• Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS

Votes: 126 65.6%
  • Berry Trees Back

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Multiple Regions

Votes: 117 60.9%
  • Battle Frontier return

Votes: 78 40.6%
  • New Starter types

Votes: 75 39.1%
  • Dark type Gym Leader

Votes: 100 52.1%
  • Tournament instead of elite four

Votes: 60 31.3%
  • Return of team rocket

Votes: 58 30.2%
  • New eeveelutions

Votes: 92 47.9%
  • New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)

Votes: 106 55.2%
  • All

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 44 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Let's go down the list~

Pokemon following you around like in Yellow & HGSS
I loved this feature and would definitely love it back, but for those who dislike it maybe they could make it totally optional? Like, have an option in the Options Menu or have a Key Item that lets you choose whether you want a Pokemon to follow you around or not.

Berry Trees Back
Honestly, as natural as it was I didn't really like the trees growing all over the region. However, I did like what HGSS did where you had the Berry Pots and didn't have to Fly/travel to a certain area to water them/check up on them. So maybe something like that would be cool :3b

New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)
Haha, I have a feeling someday they might hit something like 6 on 6. But since it seems like they introduce new battle systems every other generation (I, III, V), it probably won't happen. And tbh, I don't really want a new battle system happening so soon ><;

Multiple Regions
YES YES YES. Old regions, new regions, and maybe even some of the spin-off regions! ...OK, fine, the spin-off regions might be overdoing it (as much as I hate to admit). Idk, I like traveling irl and so I guess that part of me crosses over into the gaming world XD;

Battle Frontier return
Only if it's as epic as Emerald's Battle Frontier. Or if it's a combination of both Emerald's and PtHGSS's. (The only thing I liked about PtHGSS's was the Roulette/Arcade.)

New Starter types
As cool as this could be, I doubt that's ever gonna happen ^^; ...Though, they could always work around this by giving all the starters dual types in their first stage. Like, have the typical Grass/Water/Fire and then give them each types that complete another circle (such as Fighting > Dark > Psychic). And to make it even more fun, make it so that the typing enables the starters to be strong AND weak against each other (so, for example, have Grass/Fighting, Fire/Dark, and Water/Psychic or something like that).

Dark type Gym Leader
...Please? Dark needs more love ;w;

Tournament instead of Elite Four
Again, it's probably something that wouldn't happen. Still, you never know. I personally don't care if something like this happens or not--it would be different and more interesting, that's for sure.

Return of Team Rocket
Even better--return of ALL the evil organizations 8) ...Idk, Team Rocket may have been the original but they aren't my favorite evil organization XD;

New Eeveelutions
Still need that Dragon Eeveelution to complete the number of Eeveelutions that fall under the "Special" category. Ghost and Flying type Eeveelutions would be cool, too.

New storyline
Again, likely won't happen. Though, they could always add twists like they did for BW/BW2 :3b

---

Those aside, also agreeing with the idea to switch your party members in the field. The only problem with that, however, is that when a Pokemon goes into a Box they automatically heal. So maybe they could do something like this: Have a portable PC system SEPARATE from the one found in Pokemon Centers/major locations where you can box a certain number of Pokemon. When you switch out the Pokemon that are boxed are not healed so that you can't easily heal your Pokemon. Oh and a fifth moveslot would totally be nice 8)b

Years
Here's my thoughts:

Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS
I loved this feature when I played HG/SS and I'd like to see it return.

Berry Trees Back
I loved planting berries so I think it's time we see them return.

No, just no. Single, Double, Triple and Rotation Battles are enough.

Multiple Regions
It may not happen but I'd like to see it.

Battle Frontier return
It's a staple to the series, so it would be nice to see a new Battle Frontier.

New Starter types
Nope, I'm fine with the traditional Grass-Fire-Water trio.

Dark type Gym Leader
Now this is something way overdue that I would love to see.

Tournament instead of elite four
No, I love the traditional Elite Four cos it's always been that way.

Return of team rocket
Team Rocket are so hilarious, so yeah I'd love to see them again.

New eeveelutions
I'm going 50/50 on this one, it may be nice but the circumstances to evolve them might be a little weird.

New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)
Black and White pulled this off well so yeah, I really want to see this happening.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS - I miss it. I hope it makes a come back.

Berry Trees Back - I don't mind them, if it will add more beauty and variation to game play.

New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.) - I don't think so, it would be to complicated and small to see on the screens - 2 on 2 was great.

Multiple Regions - it would be fun to travel back and check out all the previous regions. If not, then larger map and more secret areas to discover. After beating Elite Four, having newer secret areas to explore.

Battle Frontier return - I would love to see the battle frontier return again. It was full of fun.

New Starter types - Yes, it gets boring with the same three (I usually dump the starter in a PC very early in the game, usually never come out again) but at the same time a few more choices so instead of 3 more like "lucky" 7, or one of each type (lowest level) to choose from

Dark type Gym Leader - Yes, it would be fun to have a gym of every type in the same game.

Tournament instead of elite four - Like someone else mentions, first a tournament and then the Elite Four.

Return of team rocket - they make me laugh in the anime, not sure what they would contribute to the new game

New eeveelutions - I never really did like Eevee or its Eeveelutions [I'm a cat fan], so having one of each type would make a nice variation

New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys) - Yes, Yes on this. Its boring and not creative enough when every game has the same goal. It would be great to have a variation (like the Pokemon Contest in Hoenn - I loved those). Like two different paths - a good one and a bad one, let the players decide which one to follow.

Personally for me, future game/anime to have a cat-based Pokemon of each type. ¡Miau!

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Oh O:
The choices in the poll are mostly pretty generic and boring stuff. I know many people think of these, but cmon there is much more interesting stuff if you try good enough. Ill go through the options and then try to come up with and talk about some actually interesting things they should do.

-Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS
I think its really lame that people have to wish for these, especially when its just cosmetic. Gamefreak should already implement this as a standard feature that can be enabled or disabled by the player
-Berry Trees Back
that really depends on whether they improve it in some interesting way and make it more practical in general. Perhaps make a dozen berries grow on trees. Expanding the amount of berries to more useful ones (or adding interesting effects to the old ones that were no use in battles)..
-New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)
dafuq.
-Multiple Regions
No. A postgame place/subregion, yes, but several, old regions, fortunately never. People think its a good idea, but its terrible.
-Battle Frontier return
Sure, as long as theres as few crappy places in it, no one is against it.
-New Starter types
Never. The starter types are there for a reason. To teach the basics of weaknesses/resistances.
-Dark type Gym Leader
This will happen sooner or later anyway. Id say, let them add it when they see fit. I wouldnt want them to throw out some theme for a town that fits a type for the sake of having a Dark gym, but with 8 that shouldn't be an issue and there is no reason there shouldn't finally be one in the next gen.
I'm sure Roxies gym would have been Dark if it wasn't for Grimsley in the E4.
-Tournament instead of elite four
The E4 is pretty cool as it is, and I think BW only touched upon the potential there still is on playing around with it, when they made the order choosable.
What I would like to see is some more interesting stuff added to it.
For example it could be like 4 big contrastive thematic areas, with each E4 member having perhaps 2 pre-trainers and the central hub allowing a few full heals. If one corner was Fire themed, the pre-trainers would be casual Fire-type users like weaker gym leaders, but the E4 member, while still using the type of course, would be a master of countering the types weaknesses...
-Return of team rocket
Um... you mean, the teams motivations have gotten interesting and philosophical, but for some reason the simply mean team should return? No thanks.
-New eeveelutions
NO. I have said this numerous times and I will say it again:
Eevee is not meant to evolve into everything, its concept is that it is a seemingly average normal cute pet... which upon exposure to different kinds of concentrated energies, evolves, fully gaining the respective elemental abilities. Meaning the only thing I can still see them doing would be some kind of Wind specialized evolution, but that would probably feel out of place. No freaking insect eeveelution or any of that nonsense for the love of this franchise.
-New storyline
I don't see what other kind of basic story there could be.... and no, joining the evil team is an awful idea.
This s pokemon, so we will catch pokemon...pokemon battle, so we are a trainer and challenge strong trainers...pokemon have to train to evolve so...we need to travel around places. Its pretty straightforward and not some random "story" they chose, it is like that because it makes sense. Anything else is spin-off material.

Alright, now to some attempt at creativity.
-Character customization.
There should be at least 2 ages to pick from. Perhaps if they figured to make BW2s different difficulty levels a standard feature form now on, the trainers appearance could relate to that:
Easy - 10yo
Normal - 15yo
Advanced - 20yo
Aside of that, actual character customization, should be possible. Not for the story (since we are all supposed to be playing the same character, which might be reffered to at anytime like the iconic Red), but for everything wifi-wireless related, battles, trades, whatever else they add.

-Fixing HMs
first of all, there is no reason for them to be impossible to delete. Then I would make them all at least somewhat useful and more diverse.
So In short, there would be no HMs, but simply the last ~dozen TMs would have outside-battle effects. Also, instead of Rock Smash and Cut for getting rid of rocks and small trees, there should be more kinds of obstacles, all of which can be destroyed by any obstacle removing TM. Also I would give Teleport the effect of Fly and turn Fly into a Dive counterpart, along with Dig. My attempt at this:
Obstacles:
88 - Cut - Grass - 70P, phys. Removes Obstacles
89 - Incinerate - Fire - 30P, sp. Incinerates held item. Removes obstacles
90 - Rock Smash - Fighting - 50P, phys. Can lower defense. Removes Obstacles
91 - Strength - Fighting - 80P, phys. Allows to push boulders.
Travel:
92 - Flash - Normal - Illuminates dark areas.
93 - Surf - Water - 95P, sp. hits everyone. Allows travel across water.
94 - Rock Climb - Rock - 80P, phys. Can cause confusion. Allows climbing rocky paths.
95 - Waterfall - Water - 80P, phys. Can flinch. Allows climbing waterfalls
96 - Dig - Ground - 100P, phys. two turn move. Access to underground areas at right spots.
97 - Dive - Water - 100P, phys. two turn move. Access to underwater areas at right spots.
98 - Fly - Flying - 100P, phys. two turn move. Access to above route travel at right spots.
99 - Teleport - Psy - Allows quick travel between visited locations (old Fly)

-Travel Box
It would be really useful if the PC had one separate Box that could be accessed from a portable PC. The downside would be that pokemon put there, would not heal of course.

-More pokeballs. Like:
1.2. Heat/Cold Ball - For higher rates in hot and cold areas
3. Flight Ball - Bird-catchers favourite (higher rate for Egg-group Flying)
4. Dawn Ball - easier captures in the morning
5. Kin Ball - higher rates when same egg-group as your pokemon
6. Power Ball - doubles Effort points (like Luxury doubles happiness)

-Unlikely.....but Id like it if they took another look at the type chart and did some tweaking to balance it a bit more
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/art/More-balance-204921036

As for specifically regarding generation VI, not just in general for the franchise,
I would want VI to be a shorter complimentary kind of generation.
Perhaps ~80 pokemon, focus on evos/babies and special extra hidden pokemon.

-Starters
as far as secondary types go... lets do some analyzing.
Gen I: 2 had 2nd types, but both were rather there because of making sense, since Poison, especially in the beginning was really common with Grass, and Charizard simply had wings.
Gen II, the purifying: it seems like they wanted to undo the random poisonous mess and try a much more basic approach. No secondary types at all.
Gen III, the exotic: they went colorful with exotic locations, type combinations...so for the third set of starters they figured to add some spice, by giving them the first serious secondary types, Fighting and Ground. It would have felt too forced if they put something on Sceptile too, so Grass was left behind on this.
Gen IV, the party: as with the legends, and evos, they didn't shy to go to the limit with goodies. Every starter got a 2nd type, repeating the awesome Fighting combo, finally giving Grass some justice with Ground, and even dared to put the still rather rare and special Steel type on a starter.
Gen V, back to basics: nothing fancy.... except for repeating the same damn combo for Fire and Fire only. Everyone and their mother think its enough.
Gen IV.... so what might we get now? Even a pure Fire starter would be fine, if not anything, as long as its not Fighting. Besides, Grass and Water both had 3 pure lines, so Fire is way behind. Which is why I think Grass and Water deserve secondary types for this set.
However note that the additional types are never so elemental that they would overshadow the main type... they are always something more physical strategical than elemental: Poison, Flying, Fighting, Ground, Steel.
Meaning definitely not Electric or Ice. Dragon didn't happen for Charizard and won't happen to any starter to come. As won't Normal, the default type. And since starters are always cute2cool land-dwelling likeable critters with lots of personality, we can also exclude other organism types like Bug and Ghost.
Which leaves: Rock, Dark and Psychic (if we don't see Psy soon, I will start believing it is too elemental like Ice and Electric)
-
Fire/Poison seems really fitting, but not yet, as we need more pure right now.
I'd like to see either Grass/Fighting or Water/Fighting
Grass/Flying would be nice too, they could play a dinosaur->bird thing on it. Although it'd be another one quad weak to Ice.
And Water/Poison, Water/Rock, Water/Dark, would all be interesting, but I wouldn't mind if they reused Water/Steel, but instead of a bulky proud penguin, used on a sharp and fast concept.
If they ever plan a Grass/Steel one, they should save it for when they give Fire the Ground type and Water the Rock type, so there is double weaknesses through the cycle along with normal weaknesses and almost similar resistances. But they cannot do that yet, because we really need at least one pure Fire starter first. But of course all of this analyzing can also be rendered moot if they dont have fitting designs or really like designs that don't need extra types.

-Legendaries:
Before anything else, I think it is time for a major Grass legendary.
Of the dozen uber big legends, the last 7 were Dragon... how about a Bug for a change. The other unused types include Poison, Fighting and the most ancient of all, Rock.
So I predict something really ancient and related to nature. Greenpeace/mother nature fanatic-type villains anyone?
Perhaps a Poisonous third mascot of destruction and pollution, which is purified in the end.
-As for the casual trio we have had (except for IV where the pixies went omg all three legendary cliche type to the max),
I guarantee you, ONE OF THEM WILL BE WATER type. As for the other two, it depends on what they will actually be, but they can be anything from Ground, Ghost, Dark, Poison, Psychic. But they will not be Fire, Electric, Ice, Grass, Rock, Steel, Fight. They could have a secondary type like Bug, Dragon, perhaps even Flying again, but probably not Fighting.

-As for new evolutions/babies:
Id first like some counterparts restored:
Banette evo, Electrode evo, baby Skarmory, baby Absol.
I think its really safe to expect a Normal Pansage&co pre-evo.
Id like an alternate Trapinch evolution.
A baby Onix, and the Kangaskhan issue resolved.

-pokemon concepts roles:
a 3 stage Rock/Dragon fossil
a Bug/Dark line
the casual plant to be Grass/Ground
an early psychic 2 stage canine/feline/fox
a true Zubat replacement Dark/Flying
a 3 stage Electric wannabe 4th starter-like pokemon you get as a gift, which gains the Fighting type later.
a fish pokemon that has 3 stages (so far every single one is 2 max)
more pokemon that live in water but ARE NOT Water type, like say pure Ground, Poison, Electric, Dark stuff thats aquatic. Or heck even Normal-type fish.
several Ice pokemon from snowy areas, and no 3 pure lines BS this round, gen V did that well.
an abstract looking pokemon thats related with plasma discharges, perhaps levitating Electric/Psychic
a friendly 2 stage pure Dragon (with healing and supporting moves)
a dolphin.
A Bug pseudo-legendary... like a special attack counterpart to Metagross.
I've used most of these in my fakemon project (signature), so if they did all of this, I would have to start the whole thing from ground up xD

Ill add more if I come up with something.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS: Heck no, that feature was just annoying and IMO was a blatant symbol of your Pokemon's disobedience.
Berry Trees Back: No, too much of a hassle to keep watering them.
New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.): Heck no, the screen is cluttered as it is with three Pokemon there.
Multiple Regions: No, no, and NO!
Battle Frontier return: Don't like the battling style there, but it's gotta be better than the monstrosity called the world tournament.
New Starter types: No, but I do support not giving the fire starter another fighting subtype.
Dark type Gym Leader: Eh, doesn't really matter to me. Either way I'll cream them.
Tournament instead of elite four: No, don't mess with a proven formula.
Return of team rocket: No, they have no reason to return.
New eeveelutions: Heck no, there's plenty as it is. I wouldn't ever use any of them besides Jolteon and Espeon even if they introduced 695 new Eevee forms...
New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys) : Eh, what would the new storyline be? Better to save that type of thing for the spinoff games.

Now, what else I want to see:

*Female Player character in a Japanese school uniform! Or a frilly floral dress! Or fully customizable characters.
*A cat-like Pokemon that's actually good in battle for a change.
*No more bringing back old characters! There's one in particular that I'm sick of seeing him over and over again, and even with the others, there's no logical storyline reason why they need to appear in newer games . Time to just drop them all completely and move on.
*I want to be able to place items in my PC box again, regardless of whether my bag is a "bottomless pit." I hate having to carry around stuff that I'm not even going to use during the main storyline.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Could you please change your post. You are quoting me on things I never said. Thanks!

Whoops! Forgot to get rid of the [/quotes] Good call lol

A few things I'd like would be:
  • A better feeling of atmosphere, through better lighting, and sound effects in certen area instead of music (or just more subtle music). Imagine walking through a swampy area hearing crickets and the odd bird in the background, or through an old building, hearing creaky floodboards and such.
  • A bassic character customization system, even if just the hair and clothing colour.
  • The return of the Secret Base, but with more usefulness, like a PC for instance.

rpg man

My new account is Critx
Years
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS: Sure...
Berry Trees Back: It was a Nice feature
New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.): Heck no!
Multiple Regions: All Our Pokemon would be lv 100 By the next Region...>.<
Battle Frontier return: I want the Hoenn BF Back!
New Starter types: No! Tradition!
Dark type Gym Leader: Still a Gym Leader...-_-
Tournament instead of elite four: No,Just No.
Return of team rocket: HECK YES! I HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE RED/BLUE TO SEE WHEN THEY WOULD COME BACK!
New eeveelutions: Heck no!
New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys) If i Know Gf they won't Do it.

LegacyLatias.png

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS
Yes I would love to see this return I don't know why it was removed in Black and White.

Berry Trees Back
No. I never really cared about them. I didn't even pick any berries up I thought it wasn't a good feature.

No more new battle systems. Rotation, Triple and Double are enough but I'd like to see more of them in the main game, whether it be against gym leaders or just trainers. In Black and White you should have been able to battle Cress, Chilli and Cilan in a triple battle where they used Panpour, Pansear and Pansage.

Multiple Regions
If they do add this idea maybe they should make you have to pick a new starter and catch new Pokèmon's instead of using your old ones.

Battle Frontier return
I liked it in Emerald I had all the symbols. But in HeartGold I didn't even beating all the frontier brains just because the battle faculties were boring.

New Starter types
Big no they should just keep the traditional Fire, Water and grass type starters.

Dark type Gym Leader
Yes. Dark type is just so underrated I dont think there's been a gym leader that has dark types in any Pokemon game

Maybe, it could be a breath of fresh air maybe there's a tournament with 64 random trainers and in the finals it could be you vs your rival and if you win you face the champion and then you become champion.

Return of team rocket
No.

New eeveelutions
They could add a steel type eeveelution or even a ghost type which you get by using a Dusk Stone.

New storyline
Yes. Black and White was the first game I felt had a different story then all of the other games. The story in that game was incredible. It was finally something different other then get gym badges, stop evil organization and become champion.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Pokemon following you: Nah. This was a gimmick from Yellow and HGSS that doesn't need to be repeated.
Berry Trees Back: Eh, why not?
New Battle system: Nope, the battle system we have is fine.
Multiple Regions: Not really necessary but they could make it work like they did with GSC/HGSS. Maybe the next generation can be based in America again, and next to Unova (or you get the option to travel to Unova via plane or something).
Battle Frontier return: Yeah, this idea I'm okay with. I've never really experienced it but it went over well with many of the series' fans.
New Starter types: I'm of the minority who wouldn't mind this change at all. It'd make a nice change.
Dark type Gym Leader: A Dark type Gym Leader would be cool, seeing as we haven't had one yet. I wouldn't mind another Ground type Gym, too.
Tournament instead of elite four: Only if the tournament decides who faces the E4. Otherwise no. This is not the anime.
Return of Team Rocket: Again, this is unnecessary. They've disbanded for good now, and it's nicer to see fresh new teams.
New Eeveelutions: I wouldn't mind this, but I wont be bummed out if we don't get any more.
New storyline (Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys): Agreed. I've made a thread and posted about this scenario in the past: I'd love to see the protagonist join the evil team for a while and work his way up to executive, and eventually leave over a disagreement with the team leader (I.E. the teams goals turn out to be selfishly intended, as usual).

The Pokemon World Tournament should definitely return for Gen VI. Such a fantastic concept/aspect that would be a shame to only see in one set of games (B2W2).

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
New eeveelutions
They could add a steel type eeveelution or even a ghost type which you get by using a Dusk Stone.

Won't happen.
They made Eevee evolve with happiness at different times of day, instead of the obvious Moon and Sun stones.
They made Eevee evolve at Moss Rock instead of using the Leaf Stone.
Every single Trade evolution that was added later, also requires an item that was not available before.
All the babies after gen II need their parents to hold Incenses to hatch from their eggs.
Not a single evolution stone has been used for old pokemon unless it was introduced in the generation when the evolution was added.
Instead of evolving via simple level-up, a handful of pokemon were given attacks as triggers, which they didn't learn before, and even had an explanation of "different conditions causing changes to the movesets in Sinnoh" unlocking these.

So in short: if there was another eeveelution, it would evolve 100% with a completely new method.

Last edited:
Years
I voted for everything apart from 'Berry Trees' and 'Battle Frontier'.
I didn't really use any of them anyway.
Although they could keep it how it is and it would still be perfect!

I have wanted it to be a tournament instead of elite 4 for a while though, like it is in the anime. All opponents should have random pokemon aswell so they aren't always the same.
That's a problem with the elite 4, they are boring to rematch it's always the same, it was random it would be a different battle everytime and would be more fun. Also you would have to think more. =)

Also by a new battle system I assume you mean like new types of battles, like the rotation and double? I wouldn't mind a new one of them, they are fun.
But the way you battle needs to stay the same.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
I really really really want a pokemon following me. I adored that option, and also, they should give the option on/off for those agains it. Plain and simple, but it's a MUST (IMO)

New eevelutions, hell yeah.

Forgotten pokemon that desperately need an evolution (or two) : Jynx, Farfetch'd, Mr. Mime, Tauros, Kanghaskan counterpart, Luvdisc, Chatot, Primeape.

A couple of cool combos must exist: grass/dragon and ice/dragon (for OU play)

Those are the things I'm expecting :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS
Yes. I loved this feature. I think it should be set so the player can disable it if they want.
Berry Trees Back
I'm indifferent. It would be nice, I guess. Sites berries are useful in game.
No. Rotation and Triple weren't even needed. Single and double are fine..
Multiple Regions
I'm indifferent. It might be cool but it's not needed.
Battle Frontier return
Yes.
New Starter types
NO! Dual types are fine, but deviating from Fire/Water/Grass seems horrid.
Dark type Gym Leader
... Sure?
No. Maybe if they do add an additional region after the main one, it would be cool to have a tournament.
Return of team rocket
Yes.
New eeveelutions
Yes. It makes no sense that there isn't an eeveelution of every type.
New storyline
Yes please. I'm not 10 and very few Pokemon players are. They should be older and have a more complex journey. I also think romance would be a neat twist, but nothing that would dominate the game or anything.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I started playing Pt again today, after playing Heart Gold for a while, and I just can not stress enough how much I miss the 'follow me' feature. It's feels like half the game is missing not being able to turn around and talk to your Pokémon.

Honestly if anything is added to gen 6 I hope it's that. It just adds so much to the Role playing element and makes it feel much more natural

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
>Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS
Yes. But have an option to turn it off, also make the pokemon more fit to scale, and have this effect Fly and Surf.
>Berry Trees Back
Yes, their is no reason to remove them, but keeping a system like the Berry Pots would be fine so long as they make it stay in your house/Secret base.
>New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)
Unless it is like FFT or Fire Emblem, no. I don't like Triple battles and I wouldn't like them.
>Multiple Regions
Yes/No
Sevii Islands did it right, not a whole new region, but a decent sized area that you can only get post game, that has it's own side quests and story. I was quite upset they weren't in HG/SS
>Battle Frontier return
Emerald had the best BF. Expand on this one, make it bigger, more things to do, etc.
>New Starter types
New subtypes instead of FIRE/FIGHTING please. Other than that, nope.
>Dark type Gym Leader
Sure.
>Tournament instead of elite four
Have post game, and official WiFi tournies. Make the Elite Four have a back story, make them harder, etc.
>Return of team rocket
No, Giovanni is dead, they failed twice. Allude to them, hint at them. But in the end they failed and wouldn't be able to make a return. What would be cool is to see old admins and such working with the new villain team.
>New eeveelutions
No. It's gotten stale and old.
>New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)
Yes/No. Make the characters older, like 15 or 16 in B/W. Add more focus on NPCs, side quests and have a large over arching story to connect it all.

I'd like to see more 3D, larger towns, larger areas and more details. I'd like to revamp the wild grass mechanic, and have you actually see the pokemon in the over world. I'd like for it to go full Xenoblade Chronicles if you will.

I would also like to see other MCs make appearances and have something to do with the story. I mean, you conquer one region and now you're in the next. What "champion" wouldn't do that? I'd like to see Red or Ethan or Brendan show up, as older, stronger versions of them selves.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS
If optional; not everyone likes it.

Berry Trees Back
I like the pots HG/SS has. It's annoying to have to go to a specific place halfway down a route to grow berries.

I don't mind but it would be a waste of time on Game Freak's part since even 3v3 and rotation aren't popular.

Multiple Regions
Only worthwhile if they're all fully detailed.

Battle Frontier return
Definitely, with additions.

New Starter types
I don't think any other three types are balanced in the same way against each other as Fire/Grass/Water, but it ultimately makes no odds to me since I don't use starters (as starters, at least; I am admittedly keen on Blaziken for Frontier/Subway/competitive).

Dark type Gym Leader
Either way whatever, but I consider Dark to already be the realm of Team X leaders, which are of gym leader strength sans a signature TM.

Wouldn't that be what the Frontier and contests are about already?

Return of team rocket
We could certainly do with teams that have more realistic goals like they did, but not for Rocket itself to return.

New eeveelutions
They already cover every type that was originally special, besides Dragon which Eevee has no place being, so no.
What we do need however are physical moves for Flareon.

New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)
That could be nice but really all I want is for the games to take longer to play through.

My only 'other' wish for the future right now is that there be more Bug-types that are purely Bug or have a second type that isn't Poison or Flying.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I see that the follow me feature is the most voted for, but also the most controversial. I am indifferent about it, but if they bring it back it must be improved. For example, Magikarp CANNOT follow you. I mean come on, really magikarp following you, no fish pokemon should be following you! Also Pokemon should be fit to scale better. Last but not least it MUST BE OPTIONAL, not everyone wants it all the time, it should be able to be turned on/off in the options menu.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
My only 'other' wish for the future right now is that there be more Bug-types that are purely Bug or have a second type that isn't Poison or Flying.

Did ya miss gen V? :P
It was heavier bug infested than any other generation to date, and added quite a few exotic ones, like
-Fire, Volcarona
-Electric, Gavantula
and added more of the uncommon combos like
-Grass, Leavanny
-Rock, Crustle
along with making the Bug/Steel combo into the most common by adding Escavalier, Durant and Genesect...if they didn't also add a fifth Poison one, Scolipede, but at least this one is more than a joke.

Even one that stays pure to the final stage, Accelgor.

Which is 9 lines, or 18 pokemon (compared to 12,10,14,9), including the first Bug legendary!

So yeah... but that's not to say there aren't a few exotic combinations left (theres many less diverse though..), and if thats what you actually meant, I agree that there should be some of these asap:
-Bug/Dark (like obvious replacement for the poison ones)
-Bug/Psychic (this really doesnt exist yet wtf)
-Bug/Water (F*ck Surskit.)
theres Bug/Ice too, but that would require some worthy concept..

Last edited:

Pinta77

Im on my iphone, so i wont go down the whole list, but I'll go over a few points.

Follow-me feature: yes, i absolutely love it. Im sure it was a lot of work for the spriters of HG/SS, but it was well worth it. It made the game so much better =)

Return of the berry trees: Sure, why not?

Tournament style elite four: Ya, but then again, I'm kind of sick of the whole 8 gyms and elite 4. We need a...

New Story: Yes!!

Some of my own ideas are

Player/fan designed pokemon: Gamefreak/Nintendo should open up a drawing contest and have the players design some pokemon. Why? Because they are coming up with pokemon like "klink" and "timburr".

Mmorpg style gameplay: I dont even know if this is possible for ds or 3ds, but it would be fun to run around and see other players in the overworld map with features like chat, emotes etc.

Unique characters: Maybe clothes, outfits, costumes etc, anything to make you look unique. Again, lots of spriting, but they proved that they are up for it in HG/SS

Those are my ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back