• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Mind Over Matter: A Pokemon RP (IC)

crnage

sexy symbiote
Years
Austin Strachen [size=-2]:: Goodbyes are the Worst[/size]
-----------------

[SIZE=-2]Austin was late, to be expected. You can't exactly wake up right away when you'd been drinking the night before, his mother could tell as soon as she pulled the blankets away from his face, exposing his sensitive eyes. As always, she was standing at the foot of his bed looking like she was about to flip it over. Sparing a glance at the clock, he groaned, pulling the ratty sheet back over his head in attempt to block out the rest of the world and nurse himself back from a greuling hangover. But, no, his mom would have none of that, pulling his protective covering out of his grasp and off the bed.

"Are you going to get up and be a normal member of society or are you going to wallow in self loathing all day, deciding you don't want a Pokémon?" He pretended to weigh the choices in his mind, laughing inwardly as his mom's eyes visibly narrowed. He shrugged.

"Haven't you heard of being fashionably late?" He smirked as his mom slapped him across his face with an extra pillow, giving him a look that warned him he should get up, before she unleashed full pillow fury on him. "Okay, okay, sheesh." She smiled, knowing she had won, and left the room to let him get dressed. Normally, she'd be spouting about how she had dressed him and changed his diaper, and it was nothing new for her to see her son naked. The woman had no sense of integrity, something she had passed down to her son.

Austin sighed, rolling out of bed and onto the flow, stretching the kinks out of his back like a Liepard. He really did not want to get up, but it was indefinite, meaning he had to one way or another. He rolled his back once more, shirking off his sweatpants and jumping into the shower, probably the only one he'd get in a long time. The thought sent shivers through him, but he decided he would cross that bridge when he came to it, no doubt he would ask some stranger if he could use their bathroom. He scrubbed his hair diligently, scraping a loofah over his body before rinsing off and jumping back out. Normally, Austin took the longest showers known to man, but excitement churned down in the bottom of his belly. He hadn't stopped to dwell on it before, but standing in front of the mirror pulling on another pair of sweatpants and a wifebeater, but now a handsome grin spread across his face. A Pokémon, his very own Pokémon. He laughed as he pulled his hoodie over his head, fanning the lettering out against his chest, reading it for the umpteenth time: "There's no Shaymin losing the game." For some reason, the cheesy phrase made him chuckle.

He flashed out of his room and into the kitchen, surprised to see that his mom had already laid everything out for him, tears pricking her eyes.

"I'm going to miss you." She sobbed, coming in for a hug he accepted, albeit dutifully. He could feel her tears on his shoulder, wiping them off when she retreated to hand him a mug of some dark liquid and a bagel. "Here's breakfast, I made you some coffee. I packed you a few extra Pokéballs your sister left around the house and some potions, that should keep you going once you get to the Professor's." He smiled thankfully, letting her hug him through his occupied hands once more as she babbled on about something about him being a little baby just a few days ago, he rolled his eyes and made a move out the door as she called after him. "Oh, I also packed some pills in case you get a headache later on, and some food! Oh, and an extra change of clothes, make sure you wash yours! I love you!" He sighed, shutting the door on her grating voice.

Walking along the trail to Erigwani's, only a short ways away, the dappled sunlight filtering through the trees soothed his strained eyes, a dull ache throbbing behind his temple. He stopped to swallow one or two of the pills his mother gave him dry, chasing it down with the coffee. A few Starly touched down in front of him, pecking at the grass on the side of the road and flapping around in a small puddle, Austin resisted the urge to throw a Pokéball at them. Once, he had seen a Staraptor in a battle show his sister liked to watch, and had immediately been taken to it's sleek look.

He arrived sooner than expected, swallowing the rest of his unfinished bagel (now finished) and sparing a glance to the girl laying outside, obviously mad at something. He wasn't going to bother bothering her, pushing inside and slinking to the far corner, where he propped his feet up on a chair next to him and pulled the beanie he had bunched his shaggy blonde hair up into forward, releasing his low ponytail in the back. Social interaction was not something he favored, he just wanted to grab his Pokémon and go.[/SIZE]​

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
FLARE
ONWARD WITH TORCHIC

Once I arrived inside, not only do I see more people but also the professor. She was obviously done with her speech, because some people already got up and left with her. I take off my headsets and shove them in my backpack. Well, if I want to get Torchic, better go now.

I walk towards deep in the lab and see the professor. Those kids aren't the rude ones, especially the girl I tried asking a question to before Merita rudely ranted. Nobody was talking to her anyway, but that's what popular kids do. Tory certainly did so. I keep my cool and decide to wait for the others to pick. I'm pretty sure they do not have their sights on Torchic anyway.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
Nyxs Steps
Nyx didn't close his ears like the rest when the Exploud had bellowed a mighty roar. He was so intrested in the Pokemons special structure. There were pipes jutting our from its body, and it had a very large mouth. Both of them obviously used to amplify sound. Nyx had become interested in other types of Pokemon the moment he stepped foot on this land. I wonder how many Pokemon there remains undocumented... Nyx thought, the prospect amazing him. Nyx stood up and wanted to touch the Exploud, but Proffesor Erigwani retracted it into the ball. Nyx was sad that he wasn't able to examine the Exploud, and see how its body is spaced out. He saw a hammered kid walking towards the lab. He thought this guy might have actually been interesting, than those loud girls. Maybe those loud girls should all get an Exploud to do their arguing for them. That would be fun to watch, he chuckled.

Nyx grabbed a magazine about the anatomy of the first 151 Pokemon documented, ranging from Bulbasaur, to Mew. He followed the professor into a room, he was hoping he might actually, finally, be able to leave. He wanted to make sure, however, that he got three things out of this.

• Get his Starter.
  • Get the name of the smashed kid, who seems underaged.
  • Find out where this kid gets his drugs from.

He grinned as he realized he might be about to complete step 1, and finally embrace his own Totodile. He wondered if he was capable enouh to train one. He started getting really nervous at the prospect that his Totodile might despise him...

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Hachi Zenjubo
The Ninja from Ransei
The Path to Getting a Froakie

On the outside of Professor Erigwani's lab, one of the walls peeled away since it was actually Hachi Zenjubo's ninja cloak. Hachi then thought to himself, So this is Professor Erigwani's lab. My main objective here is to get a Froakie. It sure is quite some distance from the village I live in now. It was my parents that recommended that I dash through the trees to get here faster. I should probably enter the lab. He then stealthily entered the lab.

After he stealthily entered, he noticed at least four people heading towards the back of the lab. He thought to himself, I will go that way since I have a feeling that is where I will find Froakie. He then silently slipped behind a dark haired girl. He then said, "Patience is the key. We will both get the Pokemon we are waiting for." He then thought to himself, I wonder if I should let the Professor know I am here. He then grabbed some dust and blew it in front of him. he then to himself, "That is one way to get the attention of someone, but will it work?"

crnage

sexy symbiote
Years
Austin Strachen [size=-2]:: Let's Blow this Popsicle Stand[/size]
-----------------

[SIZE=-2]He hadn't been around to hear the Exploud talk, but he had enough common sense to know that everyone was leaving the room, supposedly to finally get their Pokémon. Excitement whizzed around Austin's brain, but he kept a stoic face as he followed the others, creeping in and standing with his back against the wall. He could tell that not everyone was here, judging by the many pokéballs, and it already feeling a bit claustrophobic. Clearing his throat, he adjusted his dark beanie and crossed his arms in a way that let everyone around him know not to touch him, and hopefully the professor picked up on his impatient attitude.

"Can we hurry it up?" He croaked out, clearing his throat agin, a blush blooming across his cheeks as he tried again. "I mean, can we hurry it up a little?" His voice was as deep as fifteen would let him get, surprising from how little his body was. Years of smoking had infected it with harsh grunts and spitting, it wasn't really something attractive.[/SIZE]​

Spoiler:

Last edited:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
Nyxs Steps​
As everyone is walking behind the professor to a more secluded area of the lab, Nyx realizes that the impatient kid is close by. He thinks whether or not he should ask, he may just've stayed up late, and thats why his eyes have a red tint. Who knows really? He didn't have much to do besides tail the professor. He was slightly worried about the outcome, he didn't want to offend the guy. He seemed alright, he just wanted to know what this guy took, cause it seemed to do the job on him. He went back to reading his magazine while following along the professor's steps. He leaned over to the kid (Austin) and whispered: "What kind of stuff do you take mate?"

Last edited:

crnage

sexy symbiote
Years
Austin Strachen [size=-2]:: Yo[/size]
-----------------

[SIZE=-2]Austin looked the questioner up and down, pursing his lips before looking away in disinterest, faked. Out of the corner of his eye he could guess that the boy was older than him, though maybe not by so much, it could just be that he was taller and seemed to have an air of responsibility. All that aura was thrown off at his question, and Austin was instantly interested. He turned back to look at him, throwing his chin up and looking away again.

"Mmm, about anything," He grumbled, rubbing his temple. The pain had subsided a bit, but not as much as he wanted it to. For a moment he forgot all about giving a real answer, dropping his knapsack off his back and onto the ground in front of him, rummaging around in the front pocket before pulling the unmarked bottle out with a satisfied grunt, twisting the cap off and swallowing back another couple. Dry swallowing was something he had learned to master. Wiping his mouth, he returned the medicine and pulled the bag onto his back again. "Erm, sorry, really bad hangover." He tapped his forehead for emphasis, a spark of pain running through his brain, making him grimace before he reached a hand out, looking up into the guy's eyes and offering a small smile. "Austin."[/SIZE]​

Spoiler:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
FLARE
THE STRANGE AID

It's getting too chatty in here. Best if I explore around anyway. I head back but make a left to an office. There was a man mumbling to himself.

" Maybe if I examine the stone... No. Best if I let the professor see this. But I want to see that Garchomp..."

All of a sudden, he turns around. He sees me but recovers and begins to talk again.

" Oh, you must be one of the new trainers. Welcome. Would you like to hear the theory of mega evolution? It's so fascinating, let me tell you. You see...."

After that, I lost him. He kept ranting about a stone and aura source. No clue what he was saying. He kept talking and turned back to his computer. Taking the opportunity, I made my escape. Once I'm back to where the pokemon are, I see the others talking. Oh well, might as well make myself at home. I draw out my headsets along with my phone and let the music play.

" What day is it, and in what month, this clock never seemed so alive..."

That's more like it. You & Me by Lifehouse. I close my eyes and being to relax.

Defective

defectiveShrink
Years
Poki
But Wait- There's More

Before the girl could write down a response, an extremely loud noise erupted from somewhere in the room. This made Poki jump out of her seat and "gracefully" fall back first onto the floor. Her head didn't receive much damage due to her fluffy mane. That was one advantage of having such a thick head of hair: minimal head damage when falling.

Sadly it didn't help her back at all; she couldn't move for a bit afterwards because of the pain she felt in her spine. To pass the time, she thought of her family back home.

Xerena and Xavier, the troublesome twins that had woken her up this morning, were probably outside playing in the sandbox and sipping juice boxes. That or they were giving her dad a headache by being loud while chasing the family pet, Skylar the Poochyena, around. They might have knocked over the lamp in the living room again... What a pain.

Peter, who was now the oldest kid in the house at a whopping 12-years-old, would most likely be in his room. Knowing him, we was drawing in the sketchbook Poki had purchased for him a few days ago since it was his birthday. Another noisy afternoon would pass as he scribbled away gleefully...

She finally got up to her feet with a slightly empty feeling in her chest. Great... It hasn't been a day and I miss home already...

She followed some of the humans to the current place of gathering, standing silently when she arrived.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
(Im getting tired of doing titles. You should know my character by now. ;) )
After the Exploud's loud shouting, Merita was not all that happy. She followed the other people quietly, quickly waving at Jennifer, then remembering that she should just leave everyone alone. She ended up walking next to Poki, but both kept to themselves as far as Merita was aware. ~I wish everyone would just get along, in this crazy lab. Why can't everyone just be friends? Why can't things be perfect?~

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
FLARE
JUST ANOTHER MOMENT

After the song ends, I skim around my phone and hit play on another song. Shiver by Maroon 5. I like the beat to this song, even though it has been a long time since I heard it. I remember now why, but yet again, was Tory's fault. I had a crush on this boy, his name was.... It's not important to even mention it. Anyway, we were good friends, he even hung out when I was around Sora. His black hair, his sweet yet deep voice, and those chocolate eyes.... Too bad Tory ruined it all for me.

And like I said before, it all happened after the wedding. He was there to comfort me when Sora died. It didn't last long. Then one day, he said during summer vacation, " Can I ask you to get ice cream? It's pretty hot these days."

Of course I said yes. But Tory found out somehow. I don't know, she never knew about him, but she found out anyway. So on the day I was going on the date, I stupidly drank some water from the counter. I just popped one up and drank a bit. But it was enough, because I felt dizzy all of a sudden. The last thing I saw was my shaking hands.

When I woke up, I was in my room, lying above my bed. Tory was there, standing and snickering at me. She laughed at me and left. I had no idea what happened. I wondered if I missed the date. Of course I went to our meeting place at the bridge and wondered if he would show up. He didn't. He never did. I didn't know what happened until I was at the mall. I saw him there and went to greet him. He gave me such a dark look that I nearly cried by just starting at his face that's full of hate.

" You know, I actually thought you were different. But it turns out you're like the rest of the other girls, just some hookers. The least you could do was tell me you had a boyfriend."

With that, he marched out and left. I tried to explain myself but he wouldn't listen. Then I cried. Tory had something to do with this, but this one I found out. When school nearly started, a guy from my grade walked up to me and said he was sorry.

" Sorry for what?"

" Sorry for working with Tory. I swear I didn't want to hurt anyone, but I did it for the money. All I did was sit in the couch..."

" Wait, for Tory? What do you mean."

" She put you on my lap. Told me to watch tv and have some popcorn. I don't know what she did to you cause you were so asleep. Then after a while, this guy comes in and sees us, but he didn't yell. He just cried and left. I swear I never..."

I slapped him and left running. Then I went to the bridge and cried.

I felt something in my cheek. Oh dear, I'm crying again. Can't cry in front of these people. Can't let that Merita see me destroyed. Can't cry in front of anyone. Hopefully no one saw me cry.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
JENNIFER
LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB
Jennifer was still standing in the entry hall to the room were they had Pokemon waiting for them. This... this was taking forever. Jennifer started to examine the environment when she heard a cold voice say "Patience is the key. We will both get the Pokemon we are waiting for." Saint jumped back away from the voice. What the ♥♥♥♥ was that? Jennifer thought. Looking around frantically, Jennifer noticed something. The girl, the one that had asked earlier if Jennifer was deaf, was crying. Oh my god. She was crying. Jennifer didn't know what to do. She seemed to not want anyone to notice. Jennifer pulled out her whiteboard and wrote on it. She then walked over to the girl and poked her shoulder. She then lifted up the whiteboard, which said "Are you okay? You seem a bit upset."

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
Nyxs Steps​
Nyx grinned as the stoner replied. "Finally, someone normal who doesn't start yelling at people. The people here need to learn from you Austin man." I respond as I reach out my hand in a handshake. "I'm Nyx." Nyx said with an expression he wasn't very acquainted with. A smile. "So what pokemon are you going for?" Nyx asked the dude. "I'm going to try and go for a Totodile, if no else picks it up that is" Nyx says as he continues playing with his switchblade, waiting for the stoner to answer.

Nyx also whispers over to the blondie. Merita was his name, or was it Poki. I dont remember, but It's probabally Merita. Nyx whispers over to Merita "Hey, I feel bad for you, It's not your fault you get paired with the grumpy girl. Don't worry though, I'm sure she's the only dramaqueen here, I never knew people listened to music with those giant things, Headphones. Good luck by the way, hope no one picks up your pokemon" I say with a cheerful and encouraging (hopefully) tone.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
FLARE
SO MUCH FOR KEEPING IN

I turn around to the tap and see that the girl I asked the question earlier to. She wrote on a board Are you okay? You seem a bit upset.

Shoot. She saw me cry like a little baby. Should I talk to her? Merita might come at me, but who cares?

" Sorry about earlier. I really didn't mean to ask the question like that. I used to have a best friend that was deaf. The name's Flare. What's yours?"

I made sure to avoid the main question, cause I will never be okay. Never have, never will.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
JENNIFER
LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB
Hello then Flare. My name is Jennifer. Jennifer paused for a moment while writing this, and then wrote And I believe the correct term is mute. This may be me messing up my terminology, but I'm pretty sure that deaf means that someone can't hear. Someone who cannot speak is mute. Anyway, I am mute. Jennifer looked behind her. She saw Erigwani with an Xatu on her shoulder. The Xatu seemed to be examining the environment. It was actually kinda creepy. The Xatu then swerved around and stared at Jennifer. Again, creepy. After a short minute of staring, the Xatu flew out the window and outside the lab. A few seconds later, it came back with a handful of mail which it gave to Erigwani. Then it immediately began staring at Jennifer again. Jennifer shuddered.

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
FLARE
FINALLY, SOMEONE SANE

" Jennifer, that's a cute name. Sorry about earlier. Must have scared you with all the screaming. So mute? Never met a mute before. Like I said before, sorry about earlier."

I sense something and turn around to see a Xatu looking at everyone. Hopefully that bird can't read my thoughts. Creepy thing. Sora would have been glad to meet her. She was the only person in the city with a disability, but I kept her company. May she be in good hands...

I consider saying this to her, so I say it in a whisper.

" What starter will you get? Hopefully it won't be Torchic, cause I call dibs."

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
JENNIFER
LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB​
Jennifer was distracted from The Creepiest Pokemon On The Planet when she heard Flare say " Jennifer, that's a cute name. Sorry about earlier. Must have scared you with all the screaming. So mute? Never met a mute before. Like I said before, sorry about earlier." Then Flare cleary noticed the Xatu. It was just so creepy. Then, Flare whispered " What starter will you get? Hopefully it won't be Torchic, cause I call dibs." Jennifer wrote down in response "I think Eevee. I My father had Eevee as his starter, so I hope to get one to. You know, just because.
It's a tradition thing.

Then Jennifer heard a loud sound that was very similar to the sound a plastic bag makes when popped. Jennifer looked to see Erigwani with an Alakazam. The Alakazam was holding a good five Pokeballs. Erigwani looked at each of the Pokeballs, and then put them in a tray which labled the Pokemon in each Pokeball. Another loud pop was heard as the Alakazam teleported out of the room, and another pop was made as the Alakazam teleported back in with another five Pokeballs that were labeled and placed in the same tray. This process continued as the Alakazam brought all of the Pokeballs to Erigwani. "Okay then," Erigwani shouted. "Forsight-my Xatu, which some of you may have already noticed, has psychically read all of your minds and told me what Pokemon you are wanting. And yes Hachi, that does mean I know you are here. You can stop hiding now." Erigwani then gave the Xatu a pokeball that was labeled Eevee. "Forsight," Erigwani continued, "give them their Pokemon." The Xatu flew towards Jennifer, and then dropped the Pokeball in her hands. Jennifer just stood there disturbed, until the Xatu psychically said to her "Just because I can read your mind is no reason to not say thank you." "Thanks." Jennifer thought back. The Xatu then flew back to Erigwani and took another Pokeball.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
FLARE
FORESIGHT, THE CREEPY XATU

Just before I could compliment on choosing Eevee, the man with the creepy Xatu, I mean Foresight, did some mind reading and now our pokemon are here. If that Xatu can really read minds, he'd know...

Then that Xatu flies above me and drops a pokeball labeled Torchic. I nearly jumped up and down and better keep my cool.

" Thanks Xatu."

Who knows what that bird might do to me if I stay silent. Anyway, I turn back to Jennifer.

" Well, habits die hard. Eevee's a cute pokemon by the way. Please tell me yours won't evolve into Vaporeon or Espeon. Don't give my Torchic a hard time. By the way, was your dad, well, responsible of you?"

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
Starter Recieved​
Nyx wasn't as disturbed as the others, he could tell from the grump girl, Flare, that she wasn't typically pleased about the Xatu standing infront of him. The moment it came around to him, he was so excited. He jumped up and asked the Xatu "Can I touch your wings?!" he interrogated the Xatu, but before getting an answer he immediately jumped up and started touching its beautiful white wings. He looked at the Xatu's slightly hooked nose, and looked at the two red eyes on its belly. He also knew about the myths that a Xatu can see both the present and future at the same time. He looked at its left eye first and then immediately at is right, waiting for the Xatu's reaction. The Xatu seemed slightly dazed, he assumed his experiment was a success, however, he could also tell the Xatu was pissed off, but he didn't mind. Being on a condor's sh*tlist was least of his worries at the moment. He asked the Xatu if it can see both the future and the past at the same time. He also questioned "Aren't Xatu very stationary pokemon, who when start looking at the sun won't move for another day?". The Xatu, just passed him the Pokeball, it looked like it was about to speak, but decided not to. Nyx looked at his Pokeball, and almost shed a tear. Almost. He hasn't cried since his dad left. Nyx just hoped to Arceus that this was a Totodile.

crnage

sexy symbiote
Years
Austin Strachen [size=-2]:: Press Start[/size]
-----------------

[SIZE=-2]He withdrew his hand, readjusting his beanie, before replying.

"No way! I'm set on a Cyndaquil, you know what that means?" Austin took a deep breath, trying to hide a smile, before breathing out in the lowest he could muster. "Rivals." He smirked, he burst out in laughter at the tried intensity, nodding as an Xatu dropped a ball into his hands. He was more preoccupied looking at the Alakazam. His sister had an Alakazam, but he was more for battling than working in a lab. Austin heard they were very strong, but weren't good at taking hits. He felt if they knocked a Pokémon out in one go, it wouldn't matter. He brushed a thumb over the opening, silently wondering if it was okay to let his new friend out now, or if he would have to wait. A lab wasn't exactly the place Austin wanted his mon to see him first, but he was growing impatient.

When he realized Xatu actually talked, aloud, he jumped, staring after the Pokémon curiously.

"Did, did anyone think that was weird? I mean, I thought it was weird. Where I come from-" He broke off as a sharp pain stabbed through his forehead again. When he looked at Nyx, he was surprised to see him actually stroking the Xatu like it was a skittish thing that would easily run away. Snickering, he rolled his eyes. "Really, Mr. Fanboy?"[/SIZE]​

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back