• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Kochta (Wifi Double-Battle Team) Give suggestions for my Team(Yes, YOU!) =)

Sevrah

Sevrah Lux
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 9, 2023
Hello! :)

This is my first post to the PokeCommunity. I did my best to make sure that this is the right place to post, so just let me know if this needs to be moved.

Anyways...

I recently started building a wifi battle team. Currently, I've done about 7 double battles, and won 5/7 with them. The battles that I lost, consisted of two Japanese kids with 400+( I believe) won battles. And as we all know, Japanese people are good at things.

It'd be nice if people can share their thoughts, recommend improvements, and suggest ideas to my team. Under some of the Pokemon's moves, I labeled if I am planning to change it. Additionally, I found a really good resource named "Smogon" or something, so I am using their information to improve my team.

Lastly, I am building a few more teams, and possibly swapping Pokemon to have a selection of teams to choose from. I will use your suggestions on this team, to enhance my next one.

Here is my full team:

[Kochta] [Fighting/Steel] --Lucario--
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Steadfast
Item: Expert Belt
Move #1: Reversal (Will be changed)
Move #2: ExtremeSpeed (Will be changed)
Move #3: Copycat (Will be changed)
Move #4: Psychic

Notes: I am aware that Lucario needs a lot of work, please give me some suggestions for moves =)

[Maverick] [Rock/Ground] --Tyranitar--
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Leftovers
Move #1: Earthquake
Move #2: Protect
Move #3: Crunch
Move #4: Stone Edge

Notes: When I can predict that one or more moves that are super-effective will be directed against Maverick, I simply use protect.

[Verdict] [Fire/Ghost] --Chandelure--
Nature: Docile
Ability: Flame Body
Item: Rocky Helmet

Move #1: Shadow Ball
Move #2: Fire Blast
Move #3: Psychic
Move #4: Flash (Will be changed)

Notes: Verdict is one of my fire Pokemon (I have two) However, both of my fire Pokemon are not entirely fire. Verdict is Fire/Ghost, while my Volcarona is Fire/Bug. Please share your thoughts about those combinations,

[Sevrah] [Water] --Samurott--
Nature: Naive
Ability: Torrent
Item: Lustrous Orb

Move #1: Surf
Move #2: Scald
Move #3: Dive
Move #4: Swords Dance

Notes: Samurott has plenty of water moves. I wish to modify a couple of them to make him more versatile. Please share your move ideas :)

[Paragon] [Dragon] --Haxorus--
Nature: Brave
Ability: Mold Breaker
Item: Dragon Fang

Move #1: Outrage
Move #2: Dragon Claw
Move #3: Guillotine (Will be changed)
Move #4: Swords Dance

Notes: Paragon is my main damage dealer, I tend to pull him out to combat when I am starting to lose the battle. He's very strong, and he never really let's me down.

[Tempest] [Bug/Fire] --Volcarona--
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Flame Body
Item: Quick Claw

Move #1: Bug Buzz
Move #2: Quiver Dance
Move #3: Heat Wave (Could be changed)
Move #4: Fly

Notes: I combine Tempest and Maverick (My Tyranitar) for a commonly used combination. Volcarona uses fly, while Tyranitar uses Earthquake. I can also go the other way around and use heat wave/ protect. Personally, I find this very effective in my front line. Share your thoughts :)

Back