• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leafy Forest v2.0 [Grass-Type Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thanks Leaf Storm. Cannot wait for see my Turtwig evolve into its final form ^w^
For showing my gratitude, here a little gift for this club ^^
TLpfS.png

droomph

weeb
Years
What is it about Grass Types?

As always, there are exceptions, but usually I have seen that I am just...gravitated towards Grass types. Most of them are cute, some of them are cool (coughcoughgrovyle) but I just...seem to like them. There's not much I can explain about it, other than that every one of them is strangely cute and awesome :3

Years
Name: Ravenclaw
Partner Pokemon: Bulbasaur and Leafeon!
Password: Leaf Storm
Topic Answer: I have no idea why I like Grass Pokemon so much. It started with Bulbasaur, then I realized that I prefer all grass starter Pokemon, and it, well, evolved from there.

Years
Welcome Ravenclaw!

Leafeon is really interesting because it has incredible defense which one wouldn't think by its looks. (and also, pure grass types don't tend to have high defense) I'd really like to use one sometime because it seems like a really fun grass type to have on board.

I think that's another reason I like grass types so much - they have a lot of diversity in terms of stat ranges/their place on the team. Where as other types (like ice for instance) seem to specialize in one stat with few pokemon of that type specializing in another stat.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Omg i have to sign up for this, grass pokemon are the best ^_^

Partner Pokemon: Treeko (Awesome) & Shaymin
Password: Leaf storm
Topic Answer: Well i started with absolutely loving bulbasaur, it was the first starter and my first pokemon ever. Concept art of grass pokemon is always awesome and they are really cute.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
First off, so sorry for the lack of activity, guys! Been extremely busy with midterms and stuff. Now I got free time finally, I can ttly focus on the club! Yay! I'm also glad some of you were able to put up with my inactivity for the past two weeks. lol

I'll go ahead and start a new topic from here...we're focusing on the anime!

On the Anime, which grass-type Pokemon do you find the cutest? Toughest?

Thanks Leaf Storm. Cannot wait for see my Turtwig evolve into its final form ^w^
For showing my gratitude, here a little gift for this club ^^
TLpfS.png

Thank you for the userbar! It will go straight to the first post! :D

Name: Ravenclaw
Partner Pokemon: Bulbasaur and Leafeon!
Password: Leaf Storm
Topic Answer: I have no idea why I like Grass Pokemon so much. It started with Bulbasaur, then I realized that I prefer all grass starter Pokemon, and it, well, evolved from there.

Welcome aboard, Ravenclaw! I'm pretty much on the same boat as you are! But this time it was Chikorita that started my love for grass-types. So now, I prefer to have at least one grass-type in my team, no matter the circumstances. :D

Omg i have to sign up for this, grass pokemon are the best ^_^

Partner Pokemon: Treeko (Awesome) & Shaymin
Password: Leaf storm
Topic Answer: Well i started with absolutely loving bulbasaur, it was the first starter and my first pokemon ever. Concept art of grass pokemon is always awesome and they are really cute.

And welcome to you too jerichob! You have totally signed up for the greatest club ever! I also love the grass-type art as well, it's so majestic and amazing!

Years

To be honest, I don't really remember a whole lot of the anime. But, I guess I'd have to say I think it's a tossup between Lotad and Sewaddle. Lotad was so derpy and adorable before it evolved, and Sewaddle was just so cute!

As for toughest, I'd say that's between Torterra and Snivy. Torterra/Grotle/Turtwig always tried its hardest and was just incredibly strong, and Snivy is just kind of BA (as well as being really strong - how does it already know Leaf Storm?!)

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years
Name: Ralaia
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig and Shaymin
Password: Woodhammer Haha jk Leafstorm ;)
Topic Answer: I would have to say Ash's Torterra/Grotle because I can't recall if it evolved or not? I thought his Grotle and Turtwing were adorable though <3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh Umbreon, great to see ya here in the club! :D

I can't really comment on Ash's Torterra since I haven't seen the Diamond & Pearl seasons tbh. D: I can agree though that it's pretty amazingly cute too :D

For me, however, it's a tie between Bayleef and Snivy! Both grass-type Pokemon (coincidentally starters), are really amazing and really adorable, especially THIS FACE. HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE THIS FACE.

tumblr_m9i4wbHsR81rtxwgbo1_500.gif

Y'all are more than welcome to show gifs too to accompany your answer! :)

Years

I have to say Snivy and Sewaddle. Ash's Snivy acts so cute when she uses Attract plus she's also got a tough side, and Sewaddle is just sooooooooo adorable.

Yeah, I seem to be biased towards 5th Gen again.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years

I haven't seen the anime for a while,but from memory Oddish was cute for me n_n.
1088.png

How can one not love that cheerful thing :3? Its design is simple and small,it's expression amazing.I've always loved Oddish for its energetic personality and looks in the anime.

For toughest my vote goes to the Unova Grass Starter Snivy.It defeated Ash's Pikachu at Level 5.That little leaf creature is one insane powerhouse.Ash's Pikachu can potentially defeat Blastoises and Dragonites but it lost to this guy and I've always respected it in the anime n_n.
Snivy's_Leaf_blade.png

zid_sen

The Sacred Thunder of Aselis
Years
Name:Ziddy
Partner Pokemon: Snivy,Shaymin
Password: The light of sacred power! Seed Flare!!
Topic Answer: the strongest and cutest?
OMG! It is Shaymin of course!
In the movie Girantina, it is really cute and naughty in it land forme.
250px-Shaymin_Gracideas_anime.png

And when it became sky forme, it became beautiful,still cute and really tough! I want to chow it!!
200px-Shaymin_Sky_Forme_toxic_petals.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

In the Anime, which Grass-type Pokémon do you find the cutest? Toughest?

Cutest: Definitely Sewaddle! After seeing it for the first time in the Pinwheel Forest episode I fell in love with it completely, it's such a cutie of a Pokémon! It's so mischievous and carefree with the way it swings through the forest's branches and the way it communicates affection with the tiny stubs on it's head is so cuteee ♥ All-in-all it was just a very adorable Pokémon haha.

tumblr_lhwulhxR7z1qb1j8eo1_400.gif

Toughest: Harder choice, but I'm going to go with Ash's Sceptile. The reasons are pretty obvious; it's simply a complete badass of a Pokémon haha. It managed to take down Darkrai in the Sinnoh league (I think...) and it's always a huge challenge for it's enemies to have to take down. Sceptile has always shown a lot of power and dexterity in it's character so it's definitely a real powerhouse in the anime and it's always struck me as one of Ash's strongest Pokémon. I'm not sure I really have a gif to accompany this one though, sorry. xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
OMG OzCake I can agree that Sewaddle is ttly cute in the anime! ^_^ The moment it said "Sewa-wa" I literally died of cuteness. xD I actually find the whole line of Sewaddle very adorable.

Who I find toughest in the anime, is Bulbasaur. Remember the episode when Ash's Bulbasaur was hurt and is trying to evolve, but refuses to? He found a flock of Saurs at a garden and in that episode he learned Solarbeam. He saved the mysterious garden and learned a new powerful move, now that's what I call toughness!

New topic for the club guys!: Do you think there should be a grass/fighting starter, just like Fire starters have fire/fighting? Why?

Name:Ziddy
Partner Pokemon: Snivy,Shaymin
Password: The light of sacred power! Seed Flare!!
Topic Answer: the strongest and cutest?
OMG! It is Shaymin of course!
In the movie Girantina, it is really cute and naughty in it land forme.
250px-Shaymin_Gracideas_anime.png

And when it became sky forme, it became beautiful,still cute and really tough! I want to chow it!!
200px-Shaymin_Sky_Forme_toxic_petals.png

Access Denied xD The password is not that. Please double check the first post for a hint.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Who I find toughest in the anime, is Bulbasaur. Remember the episode when Ash's Bulbasaur was hurt and is trying to evolve, but refuses to? He found a flock of Saurs at a garden and in that episode he learned Solarbeam. He saved the mysterious garden and learned a new powerful move, now that's what I call toughness!
Bulbasaur is tough, but pretty push-over-ish too tbh .-. It had some incredibly tough moments like the evolution struggle you mentioned, but there are countless times when it's been proven to be tbh pretty weak. Also can anything like this:

800px-Heracross_sap.png

truly be tough? ;)

Do you think there should be a grass/fighting starter, just like Fire starters have fire/fighting? Why?
I think it would make sense for there to be one and there's countless possibilities of designs for Grass/Fighting hybrids since they're two very easy to relate types (despite only two currently existing), but I personally wouldn't like to see one. It is certainly an interesting type to work with and the two different approaches that the types bring would complement each other well (I'm expecting a Pokémon based on healing itself all the time with drain punches and grass drain moves..?), but I can think of many more interesting types for it to be paired with. Honestly what I'd like to see most is a Grass and Bug starter - I know it's not unique and I know the two types are arguably somewhat similar, but just think of how awesome it would be to have such an interesting type combination whilst you're beating the game. There are so many brilliant designs that could be made from this dual typing and the moves they could access are extremely diverse given the wide nature of Grass Pokémon and Bug Pokémon, so I think they'd work perfectly together for a starter Pokémon. It would be a challenge given the increased number of weakness (and two x4 weaknesses), but I think it'd be worth it. Just look at Leavanny for proof :D

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years
Do you think there should be a grass/fighting starter, just like Fire starters have fire/fighting? Why?

Nope, I'm not particularly a fan of fighting types but Virizion takes care of that beings grass/fighting and you can use it in competitive battling. And I don't think we will see one anytime soon. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Nope, I'm not particularly a fan of fighting types but Virizion takes care of that beings grass/fighting and you can use it in competitive battling. And I don't think we will see one anytime soon. :)

I feel pretty much the same haha, Fighting really isn't that interesting a type D: What do you think would accompany Grass better than Fighting in a starter Pokémon though? :3

Years

I think there should be. I could see it being based on bamboo, and possibly some sort of martial art that relates to the attributes of bamboo - strong, but flexible. Maybe a panda? (I feel that a bamboo panda is a little too expected but whatever, it'd be cute.) The reason I think there should be one, is grass has a lot of weaknesses, so why not match it with a type that's very strong? Plus, fighting helps the grass type take out ice, so the grass starter would be a little less frail.

In terms of other type combos for a grass starter, though, I'd love to see another grass steel. I love defensive grass types, and grass steal is an awesome type combo (and we could give it heatproof instead of overgrow, just for hax :3) Grass Ice would be cool (yay puns!) too, as it's a really interesting type combo. Other than those, I wouldn't mind seeing a grass/electric (although I don't know what the basis of the pokemon would be...solar panels?) or grass/ghost.

zid_sen

The Sacred Thunder of Aselis
Years
OMG OzCake I can agree that Sewaddle is ttly
Access Denied xD The password is not that. Please double check the first post for a hint.

Forgot that one XD
Okay! The Badass of Continuos Leaf Storm!!

By the way..
No need!
Y'know that all fire type move sometimes is a badass-strongly punching, so fighting type gonna be matching! But Grass type move is something beauty-slow and cutting! I more prefer Grass-Normal or Grass-Steel or something matching with grass cutting style!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
To answer my own topic, like Golurk, we need other grass-type starters that have fighting elements but not warrant the grass/fighting type. Grass-Steel is a perfect combination for a new starter, like maybe a Scyther-like Pokemon that could have blades, swords or knives as hands or teeth.

Basically, something that could at least be equal with the number of fire-fighting starters that are out there. (at least...3-4?)

I'll keep this topic alive for more discussion, and if there's no more discussion feel free to pop up another topic!

Bulbasaur is tough, but pretty push-over-ish too tbh .-. It had some incredibly tough moments like the evolution struggle you mentioned, but there are countless times when it's been proven to be tbh pretty weak. Also can anything like this:

800px-Heracross_sap.png

truly be tough? ;)

I think it would make sense for there to be one and there's countless possibilities of designs for Grass/Fighting hybrids since they're two very easy to relate types (despite only two currently existing), but I personally wouldn't like to see one. It is certainly an interesting type to work with and the two different approaches that the types bring would complement each other well (I'm expecting a Pokémon based on healing itself all the time with drain punches and grass drain moves..?), but I can think of many more interesting types for it to be paired with. Honestly what I'd like to see most is a Grass and Bug starter - I know it's not unique and I know the two types are arguably somewhat similar, but just think of how awesome it would be to have such an interesting type combination whilst you're beating the game. There are so many brilliant designs that could be made from this dual typing and the moves they could access are extremely diverse given the wide nature of Grass Pokémon and Bug Pokémon, so I think they'd work perfectly together for a starter Pokémon. It would be a challenge given the increased number of weakness (and two x4 weaknesses), but I think it'd be worth it. Just look at Leavanny for proof :D

I can't contain myself from that image. /falls off from chair. xD

Forgot that one XD
Okay! The Badass of Continuos Leaf Storm!!

By the way..
No need!
Y'know that all fire type move sometimes is a badass-strongly punching, so fighting type gonna be matching! But Grass type move is something beauty-slow and cutting! I more prefer Grass-Normal or Grass-Steel or something matching with grass cutting style!

There we go. You are now in the club, welcome! Judging from your SU post from earlier, Shaymin is a good choice! I watched the movie one time, and I will agree! Sky forme is pretty tough. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back