• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poketto Montsutaa: Minto no Midori (MIntGreen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Pokemon Mint Green (GSC Styled)

bcgsc.png
Languages
(so far): English and Japanese
Programmed in: RPG Maker XP

Titlescreen​

ts.png

Far south, southwest of the region Hoenn, lies a beautiful archipelago of tropics, known by the locals as Inoue (reference to Orihime Inoue from Bleach). Here, you can find several Pokemon, both old and new, with a brilliant national dex filling up to 700! Fight several new and old faces, befriend many "normal" townsfolk, and even do a bit of mining and farming! Some pokemon may be old, but some changes will be out for a select view, such as the tormented soul of a child Rotom possessing over his old Nintendo Wii (Rotom: Wii form) or the great Black Charizard of Mt. Entitei!

After getting aquanted with the kind villagers of Reada Beach, who find you shipwrecked on their shore, you start on your journey with your trusted buddy, Pika. You learn that if you go on a journey through this new region, fighting the various gyms and winning the Elite 4 challenge that you may regain memory or find out what's happened. Your new friends will tell you great tales of the region, getting you a little more familiar with the area. Afterall, living in Kanto and suddenly going to a new, tropical resort must be very breath taking! You will find some rare pokemon, exclusive only to this region, such as MAKIMANI, the Manakin Bird Pokemon:
MakamaniGSC.png
and you will meet some familiar faces like this MUDKIP:
MudkipDevamp.png

Play as the hot-headed RED or the hidden beauty YELLOW in this glorious GSC-styled game:

pokemon_mint___red_final_by_pokemon_tiler-d3fqys5.png

His backsprite will not be used because I do not have permission yet to use it.
pokemon_mint___yellow_final_by_pokemon_tiler-d3fqrit.png

Along with other cameos:
pokemon_mint___green_and_blue_by_pokemon_tiler-d3frviu.png

Some features/incentives:
-Shiny Pokemon with new color schemes (Black Charizard as opposed to the gsc pink one)
-A customized Pokedex with some new Pokemon.
-New Tiles, music, and sprites!
pokemon_mint__custom_tiles_wip_by_pokemon_tiler-d3fq66p.png

-Some revamped YELLOW and RED/BLUE Sprites
-New tropical region, resembling Hawaii, but in a different order/shape...
-A devamped Hoenn after your adventure!
-Legendaries Darkrai and Cresselia
-and much more!

Map (WIP):
fa32a96395010bd904c88c3fdbc51450-d3ed7oz.png
hoenn_map_devamped_by_pokemon_tiler-d3eb0th.png

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Videos:
Spoiler:

Gym Leaders:
Spoiler:

Downloads
None yet, and not for awhile.

MewtwoDevamp.png
Credits:

Poketto-Montsutaa-Amazing Yellow sprite.
Zein-wooden sign
Jaagup-Undersea tiles
Poccil-Starter Kit.
charizard567-HGSS Mugshot Devamps
BoOmxBiG-GSC Tileset I built off of.
Cilerba, Toonie, and Kaito Kid/Conan Edogawa-Event help
Ayato Yamato-some fantastic tiles!
Alex800 (from BMGF)-Rotom Wii Forme
All those who contributed to the GSC Devamp Project on Spriter's Resource
FL.-Unova Pack and Flameguru's old Scene_Intro
IslandWalker (from BMFG)- Yellow's Back Sprite.
DarkDoom3000- Devamped Sprites (in RMXP format)

If I forgot to give you credit, please let me know!

Team:
Want to join?

Team name: Mint
Team Leader: Evil Arms/Sesshomaru of PHO
Current Members:
-Evil Arms
Current Game title: Pokemon Mint Version
Current progress made: 15%
Position(s) wanted: Trainer & Fakemon Spriter, Mugshot spriter, Scripter (not much). Also, a couple 8-bit songs would be nice.
Time zone: Eastern Time
Preferred Method of contact: PM or Deviantart. http://pokemon-tiler.deviantart.com/
Additional info: Pokemon Mint is a GSC styled game. This team is not permanent, I just need some help with these things.

Update Log:
4/18/11-Dropped the Green from the title.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
actually, it's just me, but thanks =P I plan on having Red redone soon as well. Im busy working with the battle system.

EDIT: a black charizard:
bcgsc.png

and Genosect:
GenosectDevamp.png

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Yes, all the rotoms in my game are based off gaming systems XD, that are nintendo of course. I'm currently having a spriter finish up a DS forme as well.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Uhm that Rotom is crap.
It looks terrible. In your signature I swear I've seen those sprites before and they seem to lack connection to the game.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Uhm that Rotom is crap.
It looks terrible. In your signature I swear I've seen those sprites before and they seem to lack connection to the game.

It's be a lot more helpful if you were to tell him what's wrong with it and how he should improve instead of just saying it's crap.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
It isn't shaded.
It isn't GSC style.
The Wiimote part doesn't have depth.
It's crap.

bigplrbear

C# programmer for the IAPL
Years
It isn't shaded.
It isn't GSC style.
The Wiimote part doesn't have depth.
It's crap.

While what you say does have merit, that's kind of messed up to say. It'd be nicer to say something along the lines of

I think that rotom sprite needs a bit of improvement- the wiimote part doesn't have any depth, and the color pallete is off, making it look unauthentic/dissimilar to the pokemon G/S/C style.

Not trying to cause a problem or anything, I'm just saiyan

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Looks interesting,

I do love me some gen2.

rotom cound indeed be polished up a little, the wiimote is lacking depth, and wouldn't the bottom left edge be stright? I don't have a wii, but i don't remember it being curvish at the bottom.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I could have said that, bigplrbear, but it would have taken that much longer to type, and the majority of these projects die off anyways, so spending time on any single project longer than another is a waste :/

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
oh no! Please don't flame, guys. I can explain alot of your concerns, Poeman. The Rotom is still being fixed up, I did not sprite it, but I do have permission to use it. The trainers in my sig are for another game, I never, ever said they were for MintGreen, and The Flannery sprite, I have permission for anyways. But please do not call my work "crap" as it is not only the graphics that matter, it is the gameplay too, which I will be showing soon when I can get some screenies, but, I am currently making a game for an FBLA school competition, so I won't have an update for awhile.

bigplrbear

C# programmer for the IAPL
Years
One thing to consider for this game would be 8-bit (TRUE 8-bit, not that GXSCC crap) music. It would complete the 'game boy color' atmosphere you're setting up :]

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
The gameplay was made by poccil, I can save you a few screens by saying it's and incomplete starter kit with most major features implemented.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Woah! I've been gone awhile! My laptop crashed so I'm starting this up again...Poeman, what's up? Got a thorn in your butt or something? Anyway, Bigplrbear, I will admit I have 1 GSXCC song from RSE Route 119, but I fixed it up to sound more 8-bit. I'm trying my hand at tile-spriting, but It's not that good. Also...

I love you Island Walker (from Bulbagarden):

Attachments

• gscyellow.png
    gscyellow.png
    1 KB · Views: 308

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
An old game that I may work on again in the future. I should probably make a new sig, huh? Oh, yeah, the base for the male is yours ^.^' It was made awhile ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back