• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

marcc5m

what
Years
Noticed a few bugs when going to battle Haroun.
1/ The Mum doesn't heal your Pokemon. I went to heal after Max and my Pokemon were still the same.
EDIT: For some reason this only happened the first time.
2/ First question needs changed lol. Atm the answer to that question would, in fact, be no.
3/ Th trainers don't turn to face you when you get a question wrong (even though it was right >_>).

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Sorry -.-
I meant to say (the second time) that you weren't claiming to be the first person to do this.

juspate

Beta Tester
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
awesome

it looks great and i downloaded but.....how do i play it?!?! either way 10/10

ok never mind someone put a download link on youtube as a .gba

Last edited:

StarkePkMn

Master of The Sky
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Yeah but you can't link it in the forums, anyway there's usually explanations everywhere around this forum on how to patch it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I'm a bit late, but glad to see such an amazing hack return. Welcome back. :)

As for the video, that seems like a neat little script. I'm looking forward to seeing what that'll be used for in the game. ;)

Good luck with the hack, brodude!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
I seem to have run into a problem after beating the 4th gym. The electrical barriers come back up and I can't get out of the building. The computers are on the other side of the barrier so I can't reopen them.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
um i dowload it but it does not let me play because it is a winrar archive file is this normal????

monkeybard

boop
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 14, 2023
You can get into Colt Forest if you have the save type of Sienna set to Flash 128k. Most emulators should be able to do this, and if you want to save properly in any FireRed hack (and Pokémon games in general) you'll need to use Flash 128k anyway. Not sure what emulator you're using for psp, but it should have a menu option that lets you change save types, or at least have an easy-to-edit file for game configuration in the root folder (use your computer and Notepad to edit that). If you really can't find it you can use vba for computer or vbag for phones to get past it. I know from experience that both of those have the option to set the save type to Flash 128k for games.

AshtonTS

Umbreon
Years
  • Age 27
  • CT
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
You can get into Colt Forest if you have the save type of Sienna set to Flash 128k. Most emulators should be able to do this, and if you want to save properly in any FireRed hack (and Pokémon games in general) you'll need to use Flash 128k anyway. Not sure what emulator you're using for psp, but it should have a menu option that lets you change save types, or at least have an easy-to-edit file for game configuration in the root folder (use your computer and Notepad to edit that). If you really can't find it you can use vba for computer or vbag for phones to get past it. I know from experience that both of those have the option to set the save type to Flash 128k for games.

I have the exact same problem as cgj using both gpSP (for the PSP) and VBA set to 128k Flash

monkeybard

boop
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 14, 2023
That's odd, I tested it on three different emulators (gpsp for gp2x wiz, vba for windows xp and vbag for Nokia N95) and I got into Colt Forest fine. In VBA, Go to Emulator -> and set it to both Flash (where Automatic used to be ticked) and Flash 128k. Reset the game afterwards for the changes to take effect. When you try to enter, you'll be greeted by a buggy looking version of the forest entry image and it will fade into the actual map.
EDIT: Made you a picture c:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
Years
First, let me say this is really good. Being a mapper, I love seeing other's work, and these maps are great! I really like what you did with the path tiles in Nile City, and the "nobody's home" scripts on doors was a nice touch. I really enjoyed getting the item to battle the 2nd gym, and your unconventional use of non gym locations as gyms was a cool touch. (the pokemon tower and fighting dojo). Also, the scripts have a nice level of "mature" humor, like the music guy in Nile City, to the guy who now hates me cause i didn't like his shorts, and several others (I lol'd so hard at the guy outside the 2nd gym, and the Fox ad.)

I have run in to a small snag though, i've beaten the first and second gym, and was t5old to go back to the starting town, however, I don't have cut to get rid of the tree... (i don't have any HMs actually). I'm assuming I've missed something... could you give me a little hint on what i need to do?

Again, great game, love pretty much all of it (the first gym was a little hard to navigate, maybe doing like deford gym in RSE and expanding the "light circle" would be nice...). Keep up the work, and can't wait for further releases!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
eh.png
eh2.png

In the Pokémon School in Nile City the Pokémon Journal is still present.
And says your rivals name ... ? Should it do that.

Ettadara

Fanfiction Writer
Years
I'm just wondering - as a rather large fan of this hack, I've been wondering if the multi-choice... multiple storyline(?) thing has been implemented yet, or if that is still in development.

If it's yet to come, I can't wait to see the next update (if you intend to continue this at all; remote few 'be the bad guy' hacks ever seem to get finished)

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2011
Help please I dont know what to do. When I started playing the game , and when the intro appeared it says...The 1m sub-circuit board is not installed...BLAH BLAH BLAH..And then when I tried to save...SAVE ERROR PLEASE EXCHANGE THE BACKUP MEMORY. What the hell is this. I want to play this game please give me the solution for this..Step by step pls.

monkeybard

boop
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 14, 2023
Help please I dont know what to do. When I started playing the game , and when the intro appeared it says...The 1m sub-circuit board is not installed...BLAH BLAH BLAH..And then when I tried to save...SAVE ERROR PLEASE EXCHANGE THE BACKUP MEMORY. What the hell is this. I want to play this game please give me the solution for this..Step by step pls.
If you change the settings of VisualBoy Advance (assuming you're using it because it's pretty much the best gba emulator) to match the ones I displayed in the image I posted in the spoiler earlier, then reset, you shouldn't get the message and you should save properly. Pokémon games use a different save type (Flash 128k) so you can't save properly in-game until you change the emulator to match.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Something i saw while reading an nuzlocke of sienna was...the fire starter have the same name as miltank...is it changed yet or not???
why should it have the same name as an actuall pokemon?:\

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Something i saw while reading an nuzlocke of sienna was...the fire starter have the same name as miltank...is it changed yet or not???
why should it have the same name as an actuall pokemon?:\

Nah, that was the nickname Fireworks gave it :P

The fire stater's actual name is Moocano.

Back