• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Song: GBA Music Editor [Alpha 0.5] ~ Open-Source

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Wow super excited for this to get finished. Its about time someone made a working music editor. Its one aspect I never messed with because I never could get sappy working well enough to actually edit anything (I could listen to the music tho lol).

keep it up :)

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
Years
What this needs to outclass Sappy's reputation is make it so that you can play a song, edit it while it is playing and hear as you edit it exactly how you're affecting the music. Sort of make it like Garage Band for Pokemon music except better. Haha

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Thanks for all the support guys! It's really inspiring.
Anyway, I realized that I've never shown what the updated interface looks like.

So here:
fy1lqql871xjrc6fg.jpg

Enjoy~!

phazonruler

veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
Wow this actually sounds pretty useful, especially the fact that you can change instruments in different tracks.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 2, 2016
God, I can not wait nor the day on which publish this tool. Now I have almost a year waiting .

Please post soon, I'm tired of using Sappy xD

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024

Advanced Song Alpha 0.5!

That's right! I've decided to release an alpha of Advanced Song.
(I've certainly held on to it long enough!)

Now, it's no where near complete, but it does boast quite a few features:
  • Song Assembly/Disassembly
  • Track Viewing
  • Voicegroup Editing
  • 16-byte Waveform Editing
  • Sample Editing (Compressed samples cannot be saved!)
  • Really Bad Sample/Waveform Playing

A lot of these features have not been tested to the extent I'd like, so I would ask that you report any issues you find!

Now, before I continue, I'm just going to share this link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Alpha
As well as include the most important part:
Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss.

Basically, expect things to not work perfectly when you use this!
And remember, this is an early testing release, so report anything that goes wrong!

Anyway, I can't really think of a way to close this, so I'll just say look for the download on the first post.

xGal

Mhm
Years
May I ask when will we get a source code of the program? (if we ever will :C)

Anyways, a very nice release, waited for that for a really long time.

Also, the song "Teachy TV" is spelled wrong.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
May I ask when will we get a source code of the program? (if we ever will :C)

Anyways, a very nice release, waited for that for a really long time.

Also, the song "Teachy TV" is spelled wrong.

You'll be getting the source code when it is worth sharing, that is, when it is stable. I don't plan on leaving any time soon, so I won't simply disappear and leave the project dead.

About the Teachy TV thing: it's a good thing you're able to edit that, no? ;) But thanks anyway.

And thanks for the support! :)

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
Years
You have just blown the top off Mt. Chimney

This tool is a powerhouse, it really needs a music player!
All it needs, so i can totally obliterate my installation of sappy...
i really want that unstable wood contraption off my workspace...

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
After testing this tool out, I think its pretty great so far!
Adding song names for games it doesn't recognize is much easier than it is for Sappy.
All the tool is /really/ lacking is an internal player for the music, and maybe exporting songs as midis. Maybe.

But yeah, great so far. Can't wait for the full version to be out.

I'd like to suggest a feature, by the way. Do you think it'd be possible to add a function to replace all the pointers to a particular sample with the pointer to a different sample? It'd save a good bit of time in the event somebody wants to update all the samples in a rom or something. Like, for example, if somebody wanted to replace the gen III trumpets with the trumpet sample from BW.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
After testing this tool out, I think its pretty great so far!
Adding song names for games it doesn't recognize is much easier than it is for Sappy.
All the tool is /really/ lacking is an internal player for the music, and maybe exporting songs as midis. Maybe.

But yeah, great so far. Can't wait for the full version to be out.

I'd like to suggest a feature, by the way. Do you think it'd be possible to add a function to replace all the pointers to a particular sample with the pointer to a different sample? It'd save a good bit of time in the event somebody wants to update all the samples in a rom or something. Like, for example, if somebody wanted to replace the gen III trumpets with the trumpet sample from BW.

Thanks! And I'm pretty sure that when you import a sample with the program, it repoints all existing pointers in the ROM already. ;)
I need to double check that, though. But it would be pretty simple to add something like that, because I assume you want it in the voicegroup editor?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Thanks! And I'm pretty sure that when you import a sample with the program, it repoints all existing pointers in the ROM already. ;)
I need to double check that, though. But it would be pretty simple to add something like that, because I assume you want it in the voicegroup editor?

It may already be there and I just missed it, since I didn't test the program as thoroughly as possible. But if its not--yes, putting it in the voicegroup editer would be a good place for it, I think.

Anyway, best of luck with all the rest of the Advanced Song stuff. ^^

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hey everyone!

I've been meaning to do this for a while now... but I kinda forgot to. Anyway, I've not really been in the mood to work on this, and I know I've promised to share the source code, so...

https://github.com/lost-heart/AdvancedSong

There's the source code. I'm hoping that this project won't die, and that someone is interested in helping development, because as it stands, I won't be doing anything with it for a while. Anyway, here's a few things that need to be worked on for it:
  • Order of Operations ~ I forgot this when I was writing the compiler.
  • That command I asked for info. on? I think I forgot to add it. It's arguments are two 16-bit integers (thanks Team Fail).
  • Samples ~ This doesn't work very well still. Plus, it still needs to have compressed sample saving.
  • Voicegroups ~ It works, but parts are unfinished.
  • Track Editor ~ It needs to go from "Viewer" to "Editor." ;)

On the plus side, once those few things are done, I think this will work quite nicely! :)
Anyway, enjoy the source code. I know that some of it sucks, but hopefully parts of it are useful.

phazonruler

veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
GUYS! We need to keep this project alive! If anyone can take up this source code and maybe finish the project I'm sure that many people like myself will find this program very useful!

Back