• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ahoy, me Hearties!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Ahoy!, as you can already tell I really like pirates. And what is better than pirates you may ask? A pirate based anime, such as One Piece. And what is more AWESOME then that? Combining both pirates and Pokemon into a ROM Hack. While I take my stay on PC, I hope to equip myself with the knowledge of ROM Hacking, and to one day create an awesome Pirate-based Pokemon ROM Hack. (It's actually funny, because while I was skimming through the site, I thought of this idea. xD)

Besides my crazy plans for the future, I live in Florida, currently 14 and in 8th grade, and I like to draw and drink stuff. So until then, sit tight matey!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Welcome to the forums! You should definitely check this thread out if you want to start making a ROM hack on your own. There are plenty tutorials to help you get started and explain how things work, and if you're ever stuck you can ask in the Beginner's Lounge section. Once you've planned enough for you pirate-based ROM hack, you could even post a thread about it there and get feedback from other members! You should also check out the Hacks Studio and maybe try out some other ROM hacks before getting started on your own.

Enjoy the forums, and good luck with your hack!

Years
Hey, Animeheaven!

Welcome to PokéCommunity! I must agree, One Piece is a pretty good anime indeed. However, I haven't exactly watched in a long time. I seemingly forgot it, and you just reminded me of it, so many thanks!

As for ROM hacking, you shouldn't have much trouble accommodating yourself. PC has a lot of useful tutorials and if you haven't already, I'd really recommend checking them out! Christos already gave you a link to the topic, so I won't annoy you by giving you the same exact link, haha. That being said, I like the idea of your pirate-based ROM hack, how exactly did you come up with it while surfing the forums? I'd really like to know!

Drawing you say? Is it more graphical or pencil-and-paper? Regardless, I highly recommend checking out the Art & Design section and possibly showing off some of your work there. I'm sure they look great! For me personally, I'm more of a fan of graphical design. The reason being is because I can hardly even draw a straight line. Pretty pathetic, I know. Not only that but digital art just looks so much better to me, especially the coloring; shading and stuff.

You'll undoubtedly learn a lot here and make a bunch of new friends, so it's a win-win situation, haha. That being said, if you're looking for a friend, feel free to send me a friend request. I'll gladly accept!

Best of luck with your ROM hacking endeavor!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Christos said:
Welcome to the forums! You should definitely check this thread out if you want to start making a ROM hack on your own. There are plenty tutorials to help you get started and explain how things work, and if you're ever stuck you can ask in the Beginner's Lounge section. Once you've planned enough for you pirate-based ROM hack, you could even post a thread about it there and get feedback from other members! You should also check out the Hacks Studio and maybe try out some other ROM hacks before getting started on your own.

Enjoy the forums, and good luck with your hack!
Thank you for the helpful tips on where to start out with ROM Hacking, I really appreciate it. I will be sure to put much thought process into my hack before making it, and I will also try out some of the ROM Hacks already available (for the fun and reference). :P

Admison said:
Hey, Animeheaven!

Welcome to PokéCommunity! I must agree, One Piece is a pretty good anime indeed. However, I haven't exactly watched in a long time. I seemingly forgot it, and you just reminded me of it, so many thanks!

As for ROM hacking, you should have much trouble accommodating yourself. PC has a lot of useful tutorials and if you haven't already, I'd really recommend checking them out! Christos already gave you a link to the topic, so I won't annoy you by giving you the same exact link, haha. That being said, I like the idea of your pirate-based ROM hack, how exactly did you come up with it while surfing the forums? I'd really like to know!

Drawing you say? Is it more graphical or pencil-and-paper? Regardless, I highly recommend checking out the Art & Design section and possibly showing off some of your work there. I'm sure they look great! For me personally, I'm more of a fan of graphical design. The reason being is because I can hardly even draw a straight line. Pretty pathetic, I know. Not only that but digital art just looks so much better to me, especially the coloring; shading and stuff.

You'll undoubtedly learn a lot here and make a bunch of new friends, so it's a win-win situation, haha. That being said, if you're looking for a friend, feel free to send me a friend request. I'll gladly accept!

Best of luck with your ROM hacking endeavor!
Thank you for your kind welcome, and yeah you should definitely pick back up on One Piece. "As for ROM hacking, you should have much trouble accommodating yourself." I am guessing you meant I shouldn't have much trouble accommodating myself? xD.

Now, regarding my Pirate-based ROM Hack, I came up with the idea while playing a game called Archage. Archage basically goes back to the times of piracy and when different races fought for territories and rivaled one another. So I thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool to implement such a cool idea into a Pokemon game? xD

Digital art is something I would love to get into, but honestly I have no idea where to start. So for now, I do pencil-and-paper drawing. I will also take up your offer on showing my drawings someday.

Again, thanks for welcoming me. :D

Years
PC is never short of hackers here, so no surprise you're interested in becoming one yourself as well, and I'm sure you will love it here. Welcome by the way, Animeheaven!

Admison and Christos have already covered the basics of the ROM Hacking section so not much else I can leave, but the latter happens to be one of the mods of that very section so don't hesitate to contact him, or his partner Spherical Ice if you have any questions about the board itself. The Hacks Studio is a nice place to check out other hacks which are a great first step before you eventually branch into making your own, and you'll find lots of resources and tools that can be handy in your project.

Good luck to you and your hacking endeavors, and I'm sure you'll want to consider visiting other areas of the forums eventually. Have a fantastic time with us at PC, Animeheaven!

Years
Thank you for the helpful tips on where to start out with ROM Hacking, I really appreciate it. I will be sure to put much thought process into my hack before making it, and I will also try out some of the ROM Hacks already available (for the fun and reference). :P

Thank you for your kind welcome, and yeah you should definitely pick back up on One Piece. "As for ROM hacking, you should have much trouble accommodating yourself." I am guessing you meant I shouldn't have much trouble accommodating myself? xD.

Now, regarding my Pirate-based ROM Hack, I came up with the idea while playing a game called Archage. Archage basically goes back to the times of piracy and when different races fought for territories and rivaled one another. So I thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool to implement such a cool idea into a Pokemon game? xD

Digital art is something I would love to get into, but honestly I have no idea where to start. So for now, I do pencil-and-paper drawing. I will also take up your offer on showing my drawings someday.

Again, thanks for welcoming me. :D
Good catch, haha. It's fixed now. My apologies, I really overlooked that. ~_~

Now that I'm understanding where your original idea is coming from, it sounds like an even better idea to implement into a Pokémon game -- it'll definitely make for something unique. I can't wait to see how it turns out whenever you finish it. I'll definitely play it.

Years
Wuhh I've yet to watch One Piece. It's so long and that kind of puts me off from getting into it.. seems too difficult to get into a series when it has hundreds of episodes going already, oof. But I'll try eventually. 8D; Welcome to PC and good to meet you. n~n

A pirate-based hack does sound pretty cool, quite a step away from the usual Pokemon game formula lol. ROM hacks are always really fun since they dive into ideas the official games never seem to touch so I'll be looking forward to what you have to show us in the future. Have a blast here!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Wooo, another pirate fan~! Welcome to the forums! Glad to have ya'! I'm Dragon~ ♥ Mmm, I love watching One Piece, though it's gonna take me quiiite a while to catch up, buu. Pirates are awesome thouuuugh!

Well now, I do wish you luck on your ROM Hacking learning, as we've got the tools and know how about it, so, you'll be able to learn a bunch of stuff! Mmm, and I hope you haaave a blast, and I really hope you enjoy yourself! If you need any further suggestions on where to go based on your particular interests, have some other forum questions or just want to talk, I'm always ready to assist via PM or VM! I'd be delighted to chat with you. :3

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Hikamaru said:
PC is never short of hackers here, so no surprise you're interested in becoming one yourself as well, and I'm sure you will love it here. Welcome by the way, Animeheaven!

Admison and Christos have already covered the basics of the ROM Hacking section so not much else I can leave, but the latter happens to be one of the mods of that very section so don't hesitate to contact him, or his partner Spherical Ice if you have any questions about the board itself. The Hacks Studio is a nice place to check out other hacks which are a great first step before you eventually branch into making your own, and you'll find lots of resources and tools that can be handy in your project.

Good luck to you and your hacking endeavors, and I'm sure you'll want to consider visiting other areas of the forums eventually. Have a fantastic time with us at PC, Animeheaven!

Thank you for welcoming me! I will be sure to contact the latter and Spherical Ice if any questions regarding ROM Hacking arise. :)

Admison said:
Good catch, haha. It's fixed now. My apologies, I really overlooked that.

Now that I'm understanding where your original idea is coming from, it sounds like an even better idea to implement into a Pokémon game -- it'll definitely make for something unique. I can't wait to see how it turns out whenever you finish it. I'll definitely play it.

No worries, its all cool. The whole point of this ROM Hack is to make it something different than your average Pokemon game(while keeping that Pokemon feel), so even I am excited to plan it out.

Sheep said:
Wuhh I've yet to watch One Piece. It's so long and that kind of puts me off from getting into it.. seems too difficult to get into a series when it has hundreds of episodes going already, oof. But I'll try eventually. 8D; Welcome to PC and good to meet you. n~n

A pirate-based hack does sound pretty cool, quite a step away from the usual Pokemon game formula lol. ROM hacks are always really fun since they dive into ideas the official games never seem to touch so I'll be looking forward to what you have to show us in the future. Have a blast here!

When I first started watching One Piece, I thought to myself why it had more episodes and chapters than Naruto(not hating on any Naruto fans out there, I personally like it 2) but still came out around the same year. But imo, when you start watching One Piece you get so attached to it that you don't even realize how quickly you skim through the episodes.

Dragon said:
Wooo, another pirate fan~! Welcome to the forums! Glad to have ya'! I'm Dragon~ ♥ Mmm, I love watching One Piece, though it's gonna take me quiiite a while to catch up, buu. Pirates are awesome thouuuugh!

Well now, I do wish you luck on your ROM Hacking learning, as we've got the tools and know how about it, so, you'll be able to learn a bunch of stuff! Mmm, and I hope you haaave a blast, and I really hope you enjoy yourself! If you need any further suggestions on where to go based on your particular interests, have some other forum questions or just want to talk, I'm always ready to assist via PM or VM! I'd be delighted to chat with you. :3

It is always awesome to meet another pirate fan, and yeah I think you should catch up on One Piece, a lot of cool stuff has happened in the latest episodes. Thank you for wishing me luck on my adventure!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Alright! Another Floridian! How goes it in that goddawful warzone down there? Are you doing okay? They didn't take your money, did they? Well, regardless, the Pokecommunity is a safe haven away from all the crazies, so when you need to escape, we're here for you man.

Back