• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
hey guys
Last night I decided to make my own mod of fire red. everything is going well but rather than just the normal story line, im going to add additional story lines (plus people giving you the first 3 starters like in yellow). The thing is, I want someone to block off viridian forest until I have done the first additional storyline (which will be accessible via a tunnel near giovanni's gym).

after doing research, im pretty sure that I have to set flags, but I haven't really found enough information to get passed this point. if there has been a topic posted already about this then sorry I have posted a similar situation again, but I haven't found anything to help me progress.

cheers for taking the time to read this
haxzan

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
You must place a Person on the Map, which tells you that you can't go through XYZ.
Afterwards, put a "Person-ID" into AdvanceMap. This is a "Flag"
Take for example "$0200". Then, write your quests etc and at the end of the quests, make a "SETFLAG 0x200". The Person-ID of the Person who blocks the way is equal with the setflag and disappears after this flag 200 was setted.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
You must place a Person on the Map, which tells you that you can't go through XYZ.
Afterwards, put a "Person-ID" into AdvanceMap. This is a "Flag"
Take for example "$0200". Then, write your quests etc and at the end of the quests, make a "SETFLAG 0x200". The Person-ID of the Person who blocks the way is equal with the setflag and disappears after this flag 200 was setted.

So simply,
guy = 200
event no happen he no go
event = 200
event do happen he go away

Plus am 1.92 plz
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7781039&postcount=304
People refuse to follow my advice and then come back with issues, I simply ignore the post

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
hey guys
Last night I decided to make my own mod of fire red. everything is going well but rather than just the normal story line, im going to add additional story lines (plus people giving you the first 3 starters like in yellow). The thing is, I want someone to block off viridian forest until I have done the first additional storyline (which will be accessible via a tunnel near giovanni's gym).

after doing research, im pretty sure that I have to set flags, but I haven't really found enough information to get passed this point. if there has been a topic posted already about this then sorry I have posted a similar situation again, but I haven't found anything to help me progress.

cheers for taking the time to read this
haxzan

The way i do it is i set a scripttile [or scripttiles depends on how wide the entrance is] and a person.
Now the person you dont wany anything to do with him only give him a little script like this

(xse scripting btw)

#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
Lock (locks the player you cant do anything)
Faceplayer (lets the sprite face to you)
Message @talk 0x6 (this opens messagebox 6 (0x6) and gives a pointer to the message (@talk))
Release (releases the lock command)
End (ends the script)

#org @talk (this is the message you have pointed to in the main script)
= Hi i am standing in front of veridian forrest (or something)

This are the verry verry basics of scripting.

Okay,

For the scripttile(s)

#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
Lock
Checkflag 0xflag ( this is the flag you set after your story line event has played!)
If 0x1 goto @nope (if 0x1 goto means if true (0x1) or false (0x0) and then if the flag is set (0x1) it goes to another script (@nope) if it isnt set it continus the script)
Message @talk 0x6
Applymovement 0xFF @move (this moves a sprite 0xFF means the player itself @move is the pointer to the move script)
Setvar 0xVar 0x3
Release
End

#org @nope
Release
End (this is so that the script will release itself if the flag is set)

#org @talk
= Hey kid! The forest is closed.

#org @move
#raw 0x4E (jumps the player down if i am correct)
Release
End

And if you click on the scripttile you will see a var value box change that to the var you used in the script en set the unknow to 3 i dont know why but set it to 3

This should work if you want to change something please do cause its your hack
And if i did something wrong in the script please correct me!

GoGoJJTech

Years
The way i do it is i set a scripttile [or scripttiles depends on how wide the entrance is] and a person.
Now the person you dont wany anything to do with him only give him a little script like this

(xse scripting btw)

#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
Lock (locks the player you cant do anything)
Faceplayer (lets the sprite face to you)
Message @talk 0x6 (this opens messagebox 6 (0x6) and gives a pointer to the message (@talk))
Release (releases the lock command)
End (ends the script)

#org @talk (this is the message you have pointed to in the main script)
= Hi i am standing in front of veridian forrest (or something)

This are the verry verry basics of scripting.

Okay,

For the scripttile(s)

#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
Lock
Checkflag 0xflag ( this is the flag you set after your story line event has played!)
If 0x1 goto @nope (if 0x1 goto means if true (0x1) or false (0x0) and then if the flag is set (0x1) it goes to another script (@nope) if it isnt set it continus the script)
Message @talk 0x6
Applymovement 0xFF @move (this moves a sprite 0xFF means the player itself @move is the pointer to the move script)
Setvar 0xVar 0x3
Release
End

#org @nope
Release
End (this is so that the script will release itself if the flag is set)

#org @talk
= Hey kid! The forest is closed.

#org @move
#raw 0x4E (jumps the player down if i am correct)
Release
End

And if you click on the scripttile you will see a var value box change that to the var you used in the script en set the unknow to 3 i dont know why but set it to 3

This should work if you want to change something please do cause its your hack
And if i did something wrong in the script please correct me!

You guys..

You don't need 3 in the unknown box. Gamefreak's map editor did it but it's unneeded. The routine checks for 0 and 3, and they do the SAME function. So you don't need 3. I can't explain it enough XD

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
You guys..

You don't need 3 in the unknown box. Gamefreak's map editor did it but it's unneeded. The routine checks for 0 and 3, and they do the SAME function. So you don't need 3. I can't explain it enough XD

So it needs to stay 0 ?
But if it has the same ffect why dont use 3?

GoGoJJTech

Years
So it needs to stay 0 ?
But if it has the same ffect why dont use 3?

I'm trying to say that 3 and 0 do the same function. So why bother changing it to 3? But do what you want, it's just to clear things up.

GoGoJJTech

Years
How do I use sounds like when the move "!" appeared via script?

The song table is the easiest way since we know what's in it. The sound table is unknown to us really. Plus the exclamation point it in the song table so use playsong 0xXXX 0x0
I documented the song table for fire red: (can't find the link to my thread atm)

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
Can somebody tell me what I did wrong?

Settings:
Spoiler:

Script:
Spoiler:

Thanks,

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
How do I use sounds like when the move "!" appeared via script?

Sound 0x013 & checksound after it

Can somebody tell me what I did wrong?

You must use HIDESPRITE2 in order to have the people removed at map begin.
(hidesprite2 is hide forever and normal hidesprite doesnt work in levelscript)

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I use JPANs patch so all flags are cleared

I'd like to point you to the third message on the thread I linked you to.

I'm going to write this big so that people scrolling through will notice it, not because I'm yelling at you.:p

JPAN's engine does NOT make any flags or vars safe.

In fact, it only makes vars not safe because some of its features restrict certain vars to doing certain things.

I would much rather just assign the overworld a flag and then set that flag in a script so they disappear and you don't have to use a level script.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
-______-
The ENGINE uses them. So clearing them will just mess up the game and then it will be used again. JPAN's engine doesn't clear these dude.

Yeah but it clears al the flags use in scripts but the main question wasnt about the flags so...
I only hack for like 3 months (since august) so i am not a pro or somrthing,
This kind of reactions really make me feel stupid and i am just a beginner you know everybody makes mistakes

GoGoJJTech

Years
Yeah but it clears al the flags use in scripts but the main question wasnt about the flags so...
I only hack for like 3 months (since august) so i am not a pro or somrthing,
This kind of reactions really make me feel stupid and i am just a beginner you know everybody makes mistakes

I'm not trying to make you feel bad :O
But it doesn't clear flags either. It clears events and scripts. So the scripts are cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back