• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I have a question, too.

What will Ryuu do about Yuria since he disappeared with Marie?

Welll… It will take a while until Ryuu will notice his disappearance since class ended for the day. He'll probably notice the next IC day unless someone consults him about it. Same goes for the unconscious students… unless someone consults him about them he won't find them.

Lili- I uhm… will think about it.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Because male fairies are gross.
Welp, Lili got the 2500th post!

I feel like it went by the death rather quickly, but otherwise, that was a pretty interesting post.

And don't worry, Saigishi's assistance will be provided after he deals with his current situation.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
HEY GUYS I SUDDENLY DECIDED I WANTED TO MAKE A MALE FAIRY CHARACTER!!!

@PinkSapphire: Yorick was there too so he probably saw Solo die. The way he saw it, though, it was that Solo switched targets and Elise killed him.

P.S. Elise is so hot!

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Oh my, too much OOC to go through and find all the explanations...damn my tardiness.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Well, Succubus should be made a race available for all genders, if Fairy is made into one.

After all, there are many more cultural references to Incubi than male Pixies. There are many male Fey, but very few of them are referred to as short, pretty, and bearing wings.

Unless one wishes to argue that a Japanese Series and an author are greater authorities on a subject than the Western cultures themselves...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well, Shin Mgami Tensei has Incubus, too, so I'm all for it (Well, I'm for it regardless). I'd post a picture, but I like being a member here.

Having said that, I don't think they should be allowed simply because Fairies are to be male accessible as well. Male fairies go without saying, but incubi are rarely mentioned when succubi are. This is largely due to lack of general knowledge about them, people just assume that succubi are female only. I think it just seems fair to have both genders as accessible characters unless here is a given reason as to why one exists and the other doesn't.

On a related note, if we are to keep succubi and incubi, we need a Sex Ed class...well, we need one regrdless. It can't be avoided, especially given the academy's goal towards youkai-human interaction and especially in the cases of the aforementioned.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
My point is that male fairies don't go without saying. The only reason I didn't specify to Pink when proposing the Fairy race, that they should be female-only, is because I assumed female-only was something that went without saying.

And please remind me why Shin Migami Tensei is being used as a basis for creatures from Western Culture? Based on my, limited, knowledge, everything is considered a demon in that game anyway.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
In my opinion, I think Incubi should be a thing, but I also think that male fairies should also be a thing. I honestly don't care what the right thing is, I only care that it gives people more options for character creation. This is PinkSapphires own universe (no, it's not the R+V universe. It's based on it, but it's not) so technically there isn't even a right in the first place until she decides one.

Also, found Wolfy's Lycan TK explanation:
Spoiler:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Each demon in the Shin Megami Tensei series has a profile telling you about their mythology, which typically stays close to their origins.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
SMT being "The word of God" was mosly joking, but regardless, the demons in that series are all either youkai or divine beings. Or historical characters, in some cases. It's not a bad basis for youkai/religous knowledge (refer to Songbird's post) and it's a great way to spread your knowledge and interest in those areas, though I'd always recommend at least on other source for more detail. In that game, the words "demon" and "youkai" are basically synonymous.

And I'd say, as far as common knowledge is concerned, you're bound to find more people who know about male fairies tha incubi. Even if it were wrong (though I can say without a shadow of a doubt that it isn't) that it would go without saying because people generally naturally assume that succubi are all female (which, on a gramatical level, is true, but only on a grammatical level) and that fairies can go either way. That's wha tends to be the case most of the time, at least, especially due to popular media.

Anyway, I think that they should both have male and female versions, so that's one vote for me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I'm fine with fairies having a male counterpart if Succubi do too.

@Machomuu: There are only female Succubi, yes. Because the male ones are called Incubi. And, from my experience with D&D players, who tend to be really into this kind of thing, most people have equal knowledge of both male fairies and Incubi. If only for the fact that it's possible to play a female in those games.

@Songbird: That would be lovely, if anybody could point to a single origin for anything. But you can't, so chances are they cherry pick their descriptions of the monsters.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm fine with fairies having a male counterpart if Succubi do too.

@Machomuu: There are only female Succubi, yes. Because the male ones are called Incubi. And, from my experience with D&D players, who tend to be really into this kind of thing, most people have equal knowledge of both male fairies and Incubi. If only for the fact that it's possibly to play a female in those games.
I know what an incubus is <_<

And I understand that a D&D players would understand it as well. Same with peple like me who have an interest in the different types of youkai. That's not my point. I'm talking about any person in general, an average person, and their knowledge of the two or lack thereof. I would think some of the people who joined qualify as the latter and not as the former two. I'm not even disgreeing wih you, I'm just saying that it's understandable for PS to know about the male version of one and not the other. That's all I'm getting at.

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Oh, thanks again Geras...hmm...that TK description makes me feel like I was using it right at least...although I could probably have used more detail.

As far as the whole Incubi Male Fairies thing I have to say I agree that they should both be available for a lot of raisins, mostly the quite flavorful ones offered already.

And back to the Lycan's and disguise thing it seems to me that in reference to the R+V universe (even though it HAS been mentioned that this is in fact Sapphire's universe and she has final say on it all.) All the Youkai's human forms/shapes are illusions, but their true shapes only seem to vaguely impact their human appearances AND when they change it does in face appear as if they are physically changing despite the fact that the humanity is merely a facade. So that being said I feel fairly justified in my light referencing of Lerion almost changing back.

@Machomuu Looking forward to your next post what a great start to a friendship! Getting sucker-punched out of the air ftw!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
And I understand that a D&D players would understand it as well. Same with peple like me who have an interest in the different types of youkai. That's not my point. I'm talking about any person in general, an average person, and their knowledge of the two or lack thereof. I would think some of the people who joined qualify as the latter and not as the former two. I'm not even disgreeing wih you, I'm just saying that it's understandable for PS to know about the male version of one and not the other. That's all I'm getting at.
I understand that it's fair for Pink to not know of them, seeing as I don't believe they're represented in her source material. Sorry, I didn't get that was the point you were trying to make.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
You are all now being saved from screaming "it's all bloody murder" by way of a rom-com.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
And back to the Lycan's and disguise thing it seems to me that in reference to the R+V universe (even though it HAS been mentioned that this is in fact Sapphire's universe and she has final say on it all.) All the Youkai's human forms/shapes are illusions, but their true shapes only seem to vaguely impact their human appearances AND when they change it does in face appear as if they are physically changing despite the fact that the humanity is merely a facade. So that being said I feel fairly justified in my light referencing of Lerion almost changing back.
Yeah, this is only based on the show (Something I haven't watched, and honestly don't have the desire to at this point in time) but in Sapphy's hands it's become something very, very different.

As for Lycans, well, as far as I know, they don't exist in that show (unless I got really lucky, which I doubt). They're something that I created personally for the RP because I had wanted to join (even though I'd had too many RPs at the time) because there was a current lack of places with all of the races that I'd had creative ideas for. That said, I have my sources for this species (something that probably very, very few may ever find) so I know practically every aspect of Lycans. The Telekinesis is something that I'd suggested just so the race would have a race-specific power. The actual Lycans are, as I'd described, wolves in merely every way, with the bonus of Humanoid Illusion. There are a few legends and whatnot from multiple cultures about wolves in Human disguise, who are able to blend in and even speak the Human tongue. Many who knew of them believed that they were living amongst the Humans, living perfectly 'normal' Human lives, with no one any the wiser.

This goes even deeper than legends, but I don't want to flood the thread (or any of you personally) with walls of text about Lycans as a race and a legend. I question their plausibility in this world, but it could be very well possible, if it is true. As for other worlds...

Anyways, back to you Sephear, part of those legends told that these magical creatures changed in the blink of an eye, a single heartbeat, a moment in time. Some stories involved hunters chasing down a wolf for its pelt, and as they gave chase, the wolf would suddenly dart off behind a tree. However, when the hunters immediately caught up, they saw nothing. They say that the majestic wolf had taken out one of the hunters and then changed in appearance to look like said hunter. The Humans were none the wiser. These stories are very rare, and date back as early as the 保安 (Hōan) Era, which is roughly around the years 1123–1142 A.D.

There were a few supposed sightings that also implied that it was a sudden switch rather than a step-by-step transformation, but considering how the world is when it comes to Bigfoot sightings or UFO sightings, any 'sightings' could be falsified.

Any information on this topic is nearly impossible to come by, and is entirely impossible to stumble onto by mistake, making this about as 'underground' as possible. That said, I wouldn't discourage anyone from looking up this sort of thing. (The internet is a place of learning! And Rule 34! Thanks, 4chan!)

I don't know if any of the sources you may find will refer to them directly as Lycans (Only a few of the ones I'd found actually gave them a name), since most of them leave the creature unnamed.

Happy Googling! (Or not. It really depends on who you are.)

Back