• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The World of Pokémon

Which regions should be included

• The main series (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova)

Votes: 45 78.9%
  • Include the Sevii Islands (Fire Red and Leaf Green extra)

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Include Orre (from colloseum and XD gale of darkness)

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Include Anime Regions (Orange Islands, Decolora Islands)

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Include Pokémon Ranger Regions (Fiore, Almia, Oblivia)

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters

The Ash-Ketchum

Ash-Ketchum
Years
You know what.the guys like the one who tells this is not possible should not be here.I tell you this is my dream.let it take 1terrabyte or more but one who loves pokemon by heart should love them forever.I am with you Badhass.the level of pokemon is not a problem at all.just follow the anime and make the level thing invisible

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
its a pipe dream to have the pokemon game that "includes all the regions" perhaps you should downsize
almost everyone has played the pokemon games, and it would be pretty boring to play through the regions all over again with little changes - however, if you added the complete orre region from XD and the anime islands it would be pretty original and quite fun since it's a new experience, you could try it that way

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
make the level thing invisible

I like the level being invisible, makes for evolution's to be a surprise and a "wow, my Chikorita is evolving", moment... But many people don't like things like that due to the randomness, most players prefer to plan ahead, moves, gym battles, etc etc.

The Ash-Ketchum

Ash-Ketchum
Years
But planing ahead brings us to cheating.And to play the whole region again is fun.Because there is no end of pokemon.There is always a surprise waiting for you.And forget about battling NPC.Make the game without them and battle real trainers who is also running towards the same dream.

Sorry I was very deep in the 1st line on my last post.But those who understands it.Make yourself at home.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
To give an update: (yes I'm still working on this),

- I'm currently in the process of mapping Johto, and finishing some other areas (Kanto is mapped).
- I'm also currently working on the story, which will take multiple playable characters on a quest through the regions. Taking on the challenge of gym battles, and the PkMn League, will still be possible but more as a side quest.
- And I'm currently still coding a few things concerning the multiple playable characters.

As it seems now, the best release method will be episodic releases. This means the game will be split up in chapters and released per chapter. Each chapter will in turn include a part of the story, new areas to explore, and most likely also some updated features (and unavoidably bug fixes form the previous chapter). It will be possible to carry over save games to the next chapter. (Though all this is more long-term planning, the first post of this thread will be updated when chapter 1 is moving towards completion.)

demonicwarlord95

link start your day into a new reality
Years
A small report on the project;
Yes, I am still working on this. However the focus of the project is slowly changing. Including all regions has lowered somewhat in priority, this will be something which'll come over time. Right now the idea behind the project is to give players the idea that they are actually living in, and are a part of, the world of Pokémon.

Concerning the Pokémon levels; I don't think players are keen on being forced to leave their Pokémon behind until they defeat the next elite four. This practically means that you have two (or more) games in one. Other possibilities include resetting a Pokémon's level to i.e. 5, yet this would mean that all hours spent training where wasted, and thus is a terrible possibility. Increasing the maximum level would cause a whole lot of different problems which are best to be avoided.
I am just wondering but you could make it to where you reset a pokemon's level if they were to keep all the moves they leveled up with before and also let them keep their evolved forms that would make people a lot happier. That way all you would need to do is modify the pokemon that come out in battles

Last edited by a moderator:

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Review time!!!
I think this idea is every pkmn gamer´s dream, but you have to think; What about Kalos? And the Pokemon "Z" region? And the new Unova or the old Unova?
Also, it would be cool to see background-time-weather-etc interaction. Disaster! Hurricane in Hoenn! Oh, no, drought in Johto! You cant go there! Yes, Unova has a new city! Oh, no, Deoxys has attacked Pallet Town! Yay, its Shaymin season in Sinnoh!
And, maybe using pokedollars for something useful: travelling. You can go by plane, bus, boat, etc etc etc.... Each one taking more or less time.
Aaaaand, communication! Buying PCs for chatting, Pokenavs and Pokegears for calling, etc...
More! What about making a continuation? Hoenn? You are May´s son. Kalos? Serena´s cousin!
Also, what about time progression? Yay, its your 11 birthday! Wow, you are now 18, you can go to uni and use a car! Oh, no, i forgot to buy a present for my mom´s birthday!
Yup, i know, a big bunch of unmakeable ideas, but.... ideas!

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
I read a lot of negativity in this thread, so I must say I 100% encourage you!

I do carry a suggestion: working on that overpowering issue....

You could pull off an "Ash Ketchum".
Where, upon entering a new region, you recieve a new starter pokemon and start from the bottom.
At the same time, boxing up your powerful pokemon and calling upon them only when nessacary.
That way you can long live the experiance, or blast through up on your choice.

I would actually hate for the game to be released in seperate forms, with a save state transfer,
because that truly just is NOT a pokemon game with all the regions.
Making it no different than any other game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Thanks for your support. I am in the process of fully rewriting the first post, yet I'm currently very busy with finishing school stuff and internships.

Regarding the episodic releases, it seems I didn't explain it clearly. What it means is that, for production, the game is split up in chapters. After a chapter is complete the game will get a new release. Each new release will include all old chapters and a new one. Saves can then be transferred from the previous release to the new one. This is to give all of you the ability to start playing the game while the full game isn't finished yet (while the released part is). With a project of this size it will take a lot of time to get it completely finished. Thus in the end it'll be one game, though before then there will be several released versions containing an increasing portion of the final game.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
I'm really excited about these, games with all regions, but all regions may not be possible. Kalos would be kinda impossible, and you do need a tiler cuz you will stick with one region tile (hgss tiles, bw tiles, other) and this may also take lots of space, The original pokemon yellow takes 500mb and there are 5 regions.

So the game would be above 2.5GB if i'm right (500mb X 5regions)

Enough maths, but also as many people said: "What about pokemon levels? It would ruin the fun in Gen3."

Oh, and one things, you may need 5 town maps, and it isn't possible to have all pokemon regions in one town map, will you make something like Kanto's indigo plateu? Connects between Kanto and Johto.

Oh and the files, As I said it may take above 2gb but what about the main files? (Graphics)

Also, make sure to add red (trainer)

Listen to people, make sure you get ideas from them, and thank you for reading. Good luck :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
Ah yes I understand that now,
and that does seem like the most viable option right now especially being so busy

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
here is a sugestion to the over level issue:

have players restart on each new region basically have pokes spread like in the original ones lets say gen 1 in kanto
for example and wen they move other region they need to go and select new starter etc and only they have all gym badges they can pick pokes from their previous region , basically lock their pc box and deposit their party pokes except 1 if player wants witch will keep moves but will be back to level 5

also any plans to include 6 gen?
Or other pokes from the anime that are not on the main games ?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
The 14 regions of Kanto, Sevii, Orange, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, Almia, Sinnoh, Fiore, Unova, Ransei, Kalos, Decolora, and Oblivia all playable in one game as well as 883 different Pokémon (including forms, extreme gender differences such as Meowstic and Jellicent, and Arceus, Genesect and Furfrou's different sprites) formatted to be available? That is the absolute dream for any Pokémon fan!

I mean, for a game that massive, it would need an insane overarching storyline (maybe a Mega evolved Pokémon controlled by an evil trainer kidnaps your parents, and you travel the Pokéworld to save them!) while still keeping the unique plots of each generation's games.

How are you planning to incorporate the elements of the spin-off regions into the game? Will you only be able to use a styler in Almia? Only be able to fight Samurai-style in Ransei? Or will those mechanics be overhauled in favor of Pokémon battles 'round the world?

Anyways, good luck in this brave, brave endeavor. But if you're alone, it'll probably take you a really long time. I hope you're truly devoted to this. Good luck, and I'll be sure to play the game! :)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
if we take into account of Black Butterfree's post, that there will be 14 regions available, you could easily make a very interesting story, and a long lasting game

There is an interesting JRPG, but I forgot that name of it
you start off as the son of a king who ruthlessly killed the previous king, and threw the world into a turmoil of war (or something close to that)
the interesting part is the thing driving you (which I dont remember exactly, but I think you were trying to kill the king - like you get farther and farther into his castle, but you die or something)
anyway, you have descendants, and each one continues the story in a different region
what you could do, is have an evil mastermind controlling different pokemon, or a certain one, or a certain kind, or w/e
and have it be you travel through 2 regions per character, then you have a descendant, and continue through the next 2, and go on until you have traveled through all 14, then you have your last child who defeats the king, and then travels through any of the regions afterwards

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
if we take into account of Black Butterfree's post, that there will be 14 regions available, you could easily make a very interesting story, and a long lasting game

There is an interesting JRPG, but I forgot that name of it
you start off as the son of a king who ruthlessly killed the previous king, and threw the world into a turmoil of war (or something close to that)
the interesting part is the thing driving you (which I dont remember exactly, but I think you were trying to kill the king - like you get farther and farther into his castle, but you die or something)
anyway, you have descendants, and each one continues the story in a different region
what you could do, is have an evil mastermind controlling different pokemon, or a certain one, or a certain kind, or w/e
and have it be you travel through 2 regions per character, then you have a descendant, and continue through the next 2, and go on until you have traveled through all 14, then you have your last child who defeats the king, and then travels through any of the regions afterwards

That'd be awesome! I imagine it'd go like this!

Red and Green (Leaf) - Kanto, Sevii

Gold and Kris/Lyra - Orange Archipelago, Johto

Brendan and May - Hoenn, Orre

Lucas and Dawn - Fiore, Sinnoh

Hilbert and Hilda - Unova, Almia

Nate and Rosa - Decolore, Oblivia

Calem and Serena - Ransei, Kalos

And all the pre-Gen. V PC's could start the first region in their original outfits (in Leaf's case, she could wear Green's original outfit from Pokémon Adventures. In Kris and Lyra's case, it'd be the same PC, like Crystal in Pokémon Adventures, and she'd get the Lyra outfit in the second region). Then in the second region, they'd get their redesigned outfits from the remakes/third versions.

The four Gen. V PC's and Serena and Calem would be stuck in their default outfits, unfortunately. Lol

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2016
Badhaas I 100% have support for you because i used to have the same idea but kept thinking it can't be done. on the other hand i think there should be like each protagonist for each region but after you defeat the elite four for that region you're go to a different region but have a different protagonists and start all over again for that region. at the end when you defeat all the elite four for all the region then all the protagonists try to stop the a evil team with the pokemon team they defeated the elite four for their region

Back