• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Movie antagonists

Guest123_x1

Every Pokémon movie features a main antagonist who is central to the major event(s) featured in such a film. In many instances, these characters manage to wreak major havoc around Ash and Co, and even cause problems across the Pokémon world.

What are your favorite movie-specific antagonists, and why?

Obviously, my favorite movie central antagonist is Molly Hale. When watching the 4Kids dub, you couldn't help but feel sorry for her because both her parents had disappeared. She used the power of the Unown to warp the world around her to whatever way she wished (which I can identify with as I often wish for certain things even though I know most of those wishes can't come true).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I can't remember any of the villian's names to be honest, other than Mewtwo. As for those who I like. I really don't like many of them.

For me, the Pirate from the Manaphy movie. He was unique and I really loved is design.

The World Tree in Lucario movie - Although not technically a villian. It is one of the only movies that doesn't have a main antagonist that isn't a pokemon or a human. It could be argued that the Regis were the antagonist, but they were just protecting the tree under the orders of the tree.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Butler.

I found him to be a very interesting antagonist with believable motives. I also like how he realized his actions were wrong and "reformed" in a sense by the end of the movie. Other than that, there aren't many antagonists from the movies I particularly like or would even call a "favorite" perse. Plenty of them were kinda cliche, in every sense of the word, if you ask me. Oh, the Phantom was a good one, too, I suppose. The Manaphy movie had an interesting set of characters.

The most antagonistic in nature was probably the Masked Mauderader from the Celebi Movie, if we're getting down to it. He almost killed Celebi, which is as far as any antagonist has ever gotten. He's not my favorite, but I thought I should just mention that.

クリスタル

The Pokemon Observer
Years
Not exactly Pokemon movie villain character, but villain character in general. I like the ones with backstory and non-villainous mind, where it makes them sympathetic and possible to turn good at the end. Mewtwo, Mii, Butler etc, are of my likes.

I don't like the kind of villain that is villainous for the sake of his/her role, where they are outright malicious and evil even by the look, doing bad deeds because the movie demand so, add extra hate point if their aim is so cliche like trying to conquer the world or something similar. Iron Mask, the pirate from M09, the main villain from M13, and now the one from the latest M19. I can't even remember their name, in a sense meaning they are just not memorable at all to me personally.

The misunderstanding ones and instinctive ones are a neutral card to me that can both be positive and negative, depends on the execution. Though the Pokemon movies always turns out use them unfavourably in my viewpoint.
These are normally the Legendary Pokemon that are forced to play the villain role because either something angered them so they act violently, or it is just not conversable because they can't speak with telepathy. I don't like it that just because they are irritated they are then a jerk making everyone in the surrounding its victim, additional hate point for shooting beams mindlessly destroying buildings purposelessly. Kyurem is the most offender to me in this sense. Even it is Yvetel the Legendary Pokemon of destruction so it is its instinct to destroy, it is still an offender to me.
I am still waiting for the misunderstood one where it is intentionally good, but everyone around it act as a jerk, so it looks like it is a jerk in everyone's eyes but in fact it is not.

Back