• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Don't worry about it gimmepie, good designs take time.

Ive finished Pandorask evolution item, I don't have the details tho

e6yw4g.gif

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Okay. Marowak evolution? Good idea?
I'll try to work on spriting my newest Fakemon today.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah, fair enough Mr. Mammoth. ;) Definitely keep up with the spriting though. It's fantastic and I think we need a spriter / designer like you on the team.

And excellent diversion from the norm Beefy. I love the items you've been cranking out. Definitely an "outside" the box kind of thing. :] Also, you're sprites are fantastic too. I'd really love to see you develop that a little more.

Hehe, Slender, I had a feeling you'd suggest a Marowak evolution at some point. I say go for it. That design has been dying for an revamp since gen I. Can't wait to see what you can do with it.

I'll be updating the main post later today. I encourage everyone to check it out and make sure I didn't miss anything. :D

edit

what I just had an awesome idea. I was thinking, you know the Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter formes of Sawsbuck? Anyone want to take that on or apply that theory to an existing Pokemon? Cause, you know, I was thinking Froslass would be an excellent candidate for seasonal change. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Well, that idea in particular is really nice. Like Frosslass, we can also make alterations of other Pokémon, like a 'special' Castform that changes form by season and not weather.

But Frosslass... it's an ice Pokémon, isn't it? How would it look in summer?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Well, since Hoenn is kinda right that it is an Ice Type, I find no problem of applying a new form change to Frosslass. But then again, It does seem kinda random that Frosslass would get a form change :P

Anywho, I was thinking that since Frosslass is based on the Yuki-Onna, we can apply the season's forms into "festival forms". Like, the Summer form can be based on summer festivals, and the Spring Form based on spring festivities. Since Frosslass is already an Ice Type, we can assume that it would already be in Winter Form.

So:
Spring = Midori no Hi, Grass/Ghost
Summer = Tanabata,(Since it occurs at night and there's alot of lanterns) Fire/Ghost
Fall = Jidai,(In which people dress up as classic japanese figures, like samurais and stuff) Steel/Ghost?
Winter = original form

And I don't want Glalie to feel bad, so can we give him form changes or an evo?
He's in need of some love...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Well, since Hoenn is kinda right that it is an Ice Type, I find no problem of applying a new form change to Frosslass. But then again, It does seem kinda random that Frosslass would get a form change :P

Anywho, I was thinking that since Frosslass is based on the Yuki-Onna, we can apply the season's forms into "festival forms". Like, the Summer form can be based on summer festivals, and the Spring Form based on spring festivities. Since Frosslass is already an Ice Type, we can assume that it would already be in Winter Form.

So:
Spring = Midori no Hi, Grass/Ghost
Summer = Tanabata,(Since it occurs at night and there's alot of lanterns) Fire/Ghost
Fall = Jidai,(In which people dress up as classic japanese figures, like samurais and stuff) Steel/Ghost?
Winter = original form

And I don't want Glalie to feel bad, so can we give him form changes or an evo?
He's in need of some love...

God. This is the kind of complex thinking we need. Well, Frosslass can be considered the 'mother of ghosts' idol or something, so it should be fair that Glalie be a 'father of ghosts'. (Just a suggestione...)
This leads to giving them both new formes.

Anyway, I'd like to help out with some sprites. Can you tell me which all are not done yet.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
See, this is why I brought up the idea. :p I knew you guys could turn it into something beautiful. Mind if I take the Autumn forme?

Also, my sincerest apologies for my lack of activity here. I've been so, so busy and I kinda burned myself out with revamping the first page. I'm sure you guys understand. Expect me back n full swing soon though!

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I apologize as well, I wouldn't say I'm busy tho. I'm on vacation so you guys can understand, Ill probably be back next month when I comeback from a trip. Enjoy your summer guys :).

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
And also apology from me. (since that seems to be a theme here) I said id be more active but...heh... Certain things have kept me busy. Like my birthday. (and Skyrim legendary edition...I mean busy work schedule)
But since Im here I might as well ask. What is the situation here? I mean do we need ideas for fakemon or something more like ideas for development and next direction etc etc?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Well, I'm just pretty darn happy this project thing has the amount of awsome it has now :D

and I'll be taking the spring forme, and possibly the summer form as well if noone wants to otherwise.

And Glalie can be like Frosslass as well, and his round body is perfect for:
A chestnut for spring
A lantern for summer
and a floating samurai helmet for fall

I swear I'll make you cool again Glalie!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
hey guys i made sprite 4 Knifish one of the water pkmn in the pokedex

lolisdabomb_zpsefddded5.png
lolisdabombshhhiny_zps46e97a41.png

also first time spriting this one so dont be too hard!!!

ps - if someone wants 2 make this 64 x 64 and palettised i will do it

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Just be careful cause we've already got a bug / dark type -- no reason we can't have two, I just wanted to inform you in case you didn't know!

Hoenn, I'm going to die if you keep being so amazing. <3 Incredible sprites, hun. Keep them coming!

And I'm loving the re-purposing of old Pokemon. I think Glalie is in desperate need for a revamp, so I totally support that.

Otherwise, Krieg, I think right now were at a place where fakemon designs are just thought of then added. n_n; In my opinion, we've filled out quota for the "Greek mythology" core. But, as always, we're open to any suggestion / direction you can come up with.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
So many posts go on while I'm away- at this point, I probably don't know about half of the Fakemon. Okay, maybe a bit of an exaggeration haha.

Anyway.
Just a heads up that I won't be around. I've realized that I'm busy and don't contribute much anymore- and what I do contribute isn't really useable.
Feel free to do whatever you want with the Fakemon I've already posted. (:

o/ Good luck. Have fun.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Aww, I'm sorry to see you go from this project, Slender. :( Well hopefully, at some point, you'll be less busy and able to contribute again. n_n; Since you have existing designs, you will still be included in the list of contributors.

Speaking of designs, guess what I cranked out today!

froslass_autumn_forme_zpsfdcc80a9.png

:]

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Aww, I'm sorry to see you go from this project, Slender. :( Well hopefully, at some point, you'll be less busy and able to contribute again. n_n; Since you have existing designs, you will still be included in the list of contributors.

Speaking of designs, guess what I cranked out today!

froslass_autumn_forme_zpsfdcc80a9.png

:]

its awesome i love every aspect of it
i think u can add some flowery stuff on the temples, it make it look perfectt!!! i will start making a sprite rightaway!

ps - heres da sprite
froslass_autumn_forme_zpsfdcc80a9-Copy_zps4086929a.png

once again im a beginnur so dont kill meeee
and i will make another sprite with that flowery stuff i was talking about for clarifickatione
pps - here is dat flowery thingy i was talking about
froslass_autumn_forme_zpsfdcc80a9-Copy_zps39c9a367.png

it is small but it make a lot of difference!!!!!!!!1!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
omg Hoenn <3 you can really crank them out, can't you? I love them both.

I'm going to actually update the first post like I promised to before but never did later today possible tomorrow

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I suppose the 'beginner' thing was getting a bit old so yeah.

Uh I made a sprite of Aqualing hope you like!
Aqualing_mural_zps1e386da2.png
Aqualing_mural-Shinyvariant_zps4a50023d.png

ALEXIAL FINISH THAT WATER STARTER SECOND EVO I'M HUNGRY WITH THE DESIGN OF THIS ALBATROSS IT LOOKS SOOOOO LEGENDARILY PERFECT!!!!

Regarding a visual progress, can I/Alexial/Idontcarewhojustsomeone make a documentation on the implementation of new data such as new attacks, new abilities, new items etc.?

And also, I think this Pokédex Project should evolve into a community-made region or something, that with new features released in every aspect of a Pokémon game since that allows for more creativity and fun. Who's with me?

By the way, I'd like to see more pixel artists like a person known as LOW-GEE-DAN participate and emancipate the visualisation of this Dex/Region in a game type of a way.

Cheers~

Years
Sorry again for my lack of contribution but it will be a while before I can give you any more artwork to work with. I'll try to drop a design in every now and then though.

Back