• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bet you never knew about this place...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
In Black 2 and White 2, we were thrown back into Unova for another journey! However, there were several new places and routes that we had not experienced before, and there was even a completely new Gym Leader! Which place introduced in BW2 is your favorite? Did you like the introduction of new areas, or would you have preferred Unova remained the same? For reference, a list of new places can be found on here!

Years
Those new caves can go "do that"!!! Good grief, hate 'em. Most, I should say. That Seaside one and the one after the Skyla flight are the new caves that I like. The others are just too big for me.

Rebuild In Piece, Route Ten. Rebuild In Piece.

Years
Humilau City and Marine Tube definitely had to be my fave new location, and no surprise given I'm a fan of Water-types. The former is a city built entirely on water and has a beautiful beach, in fact it sorta gives off a Pacifidlog Town vibe which is pretty cool. Also, it so happens Marlon is my fave Unova Gym Leader.

Years
Does the new Victory Road count as a new location? Because that's a pretty cool area to me, as it goes through like six different types of areas that have different types of Pokémon in them, and the place even stems from the ruins of N's Castle and in the post-game N's Zoroark moves aside so you can enter the castle itself. Not only that, but the trainers and even the wild Pokémon are super high leveled, which makes them rather formidable foes. (Not to mention I found two shinies there in my main game...)

If that doesn't count, while Lentimas Town wasn't too eventful at all, it had nice music that sounds like something Mexican. And Reversal Mountain was a neat cave that reminded me of Iron Island from Sinnoh in some ways, and the water/lava was a cool touch to it.

This was another significant thing I liked B2W2 for, unlike Emerald and Platinum it made the region more different with new areas unlike those two which had mostly the same until their big main events.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Does the new Victory Road count as a new location? Because that's a pretty cool area to me, as it goes through like six different types of areas that have different types of Pokémon in them, and the place even stems from the ruins of N's Castle and in the post-game N's Zoroark moves aside so you can enter the castle itself. Not only that, but the trainers and even the wild Pokémon are super high leveled, which makes them rather formidable foes. (Not to mention I found two shinies there in my main game...)

I have to agree, I really loved the new Victory Road, only because it was based off of something that we saw happen in the previous games. I'm glad that I played BW before I played these games, because it gave it a nice added touch. And N's Castle was a nice gem, although I must admit it was a little creepy haha.

I noticed a lot of the new places were scenery-based, like the Marine Tube and Aspertia City with its lookout, however, no complaints from me! They all looked very nice. I also agree with Hikari; they could have easily pulled a Pacifidlog knockoff but Humilau has its own nice flair.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Aspertia City, Lentimas Town, Humilau City, Victory Road and the Marine Tube are places that really stood out for me.

Ah, Aspertia City. It's a breath of fresh air to have the player's hometown an actual city with actual city life. It also has beautiful music and breathtaking scenery from its lookout point.

As for Lentimas Town, I love its music. It has a certain kind of air to it that makes it very unique and different from the rest of the region.

The Marine Tube was amazing! The view while walking underwater is simply astounding. I like seeing the different types of Water-type Pokemon swimming above my head - it's kinda relaxing in a way.

Humilau Town's concept of houses above the ocean is exactly my kind of place to go to for a dream vacation. Simply beautiful. <3

Last but not least, the new Victory Road gives a very distinct vibe of a huge challenge ahead of you. Its many terrains, high-levelled wild Pokemon and tough trainers are great ways to gain some levels before the final challenge that awaits you at the end. Also, N's Castle! In ruins, but still beautiful.

Years
One of my favorite areas introduced in B2W2 is Unova's Challenge. I love Unova's Challenge because it is an easy way to train Pokemon quickly. Anytime I would trade for a starter, I would race to Black Tower and train it to its fully evolved form, and then trade it for another starter. And, beating all 10 areas is an easy way to get a shiny. Of course, Unova's Challenge is easy to get through when your team is Lv. 100 Ubers, but still, it will always be memorable.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Pokemon World Tournament. That new place made Black and White 2 my new favorite pokemon game of all time. It's super addicting and beats the hell out of the Battle Frontier. I love getting to battle past leaders and champions with the same team I used when I battled them the first time.

Aspertia City was awesome and the music is very nostalgic for me. Marine Tube was excellent and the Castelia Sewers was a cool touch to an old gem.

Years
Oh my god the Marine Tube! I actually forgot it existed. I really hope something like that appears again in future games as it's super pretty.

You just reminded me how beautiful of a place the Marine Tube is. I loved walking through it and seeing all those Water-type Pokemon swimming by, such as Mantine and Frillish. I want to see a similar incarnation of it in a future generation sometime because of that beauty of the underwater scenes you could see from it.

I also loved Reversal Mountain because it not only changed appearance between the versions but also its layout changes, meaning a Black 2 player will explore it differently compared to a White 2 player. Of the two cave designs, I loved Black 2's version better because I think the water suits it better than White 2's lava.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Humilau City and the Marine Tube as well as the other cool route that leads away from it was kinda a cool area to explore i always thought it needed something on the water in the original games. Plus it was a tube underwater with lampposts and the moving pokemon animations where pretty fun!

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Aspertia City >>>>> BW hometown that's so forgettable, I don't even recall its name. Lentimas was a nice touch to Unova. The desert town was much more interesting to look at than say Village Bridge. I like how you could access it via plane from Mistralton; felt very 'military airbase in Qatar'. XD Marine Tune and Humilau City were great additions with nice aesthetics, and the latter really gave me Pacifidlog feels from its atmospheric music.

Years
Every area that was introduced in BW2 I think played a part in adding variety to the region, most notably with Lentimas Town and Virbank City. There are so many additions to the Unova region that it's impossible to pinpoint what to like the most; way more places to explore, move tutors, more legendaries... But I'll go ahead and say that the PWT is an area worth mentioning when it comes to the additions. I really like the concept of battling in a tournament against Gym Leaders from every region and enjoyed it lots; however, it felt like the battles went by too fast. Maybe Game Freak could've included a 6v6 tourney option instead of limiting it to 3v3, and added Open level events. All in all, I like the new Unova better than the original, as it feels more memorable to travel through.

Back