• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Way Regained

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Since I'm being told to again...
First thing I saw when I saw this tag is that there's quite a lot going on here. I can see you've used quite a lot of C4D's and lots of pen-tooling, which is always a good thing in a tag. It keeps the eyes busy and it's quite hard not to get bored of your work here. One thing I'd like to point out is that it just seems a little too saturated for my taste. Maybe if you could bring out those colours a bit more, then it would be amazing. I like how you've used blurring in the background effects to give lots of depth and bringing out the focal, which is quite nice. Overall, this is a very nice piece of work, but keep an eye on the saturation levels next time.

Nameless.

I do quite like this tag a lot of yours, it's very nicely done. <3 The colors are really pretty and stand out well. What could have really caught the eye though is if Gokudera was standing out a bit more.
He just seems too dull for the vibrancy going on around him. There may be a little too much going on around him too, but that's just personal tastes really. xD;
I've never been a huge fan of a lot of effects going on. I can say though that i love the blue "swoosh" next to his head on the left side. It accents his face and his flow perfectly. :3

I honestly can't crit the icons cause I have no idea what to say. xD;

aSeRo141414

zZJoennZz inside
Years
Gokudera.png

The color of this looks good for me but I think the C4D looks overuse in this tag because it's full of C4D and the depth is good too.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Because everybody else is :p

Gokudera.png
Colours are as usual, delicious Mr Dero! First thing that sticks out to me though, is the render. I personally think it is a little large for that canvas, that or you should move it up more so we get more of his shoulders and body. It is just cut at a funny point and is sitting weird for me. Also, I reckon you could have blurred some foreground effects too.

While I see you left text off, possibly because of that tip Gummy maybe gave you saying to make a version without text, however in this tag, I can really see that typical Dero box with text on it sitting in that left side which is looking a bit empty. If you don't want text and want to balance the tag a bit more, move the render over to the left just a fraction. It is very heavy with stuff on the right, and nearly empty on the left.

Nice tag though!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Thanks everybody! I'll be sure to keep those points in mind..or I'll try to, at least. XD; And seriously Katie, I never thought my icons were SO bad that you can't even crit them. ;;

Oh, and here's gokudera with text. Moo told me text would fit on the left side perfectly. So...here it is:

GokuDeraa.png

And a couple of updates:

DOODNARUTO.png

DOODNARUTOa.png

^ these two (or rather one?) are probably my worst works of late. Idk.

Yamamoto2.png

Yamamoto1.png

P.S: I tried to keep the sword as the main focus in the second tag. Hence the blurred 'Yamamoto'.

Years
Hey Dero, decided to drop in here and say you've done a wonderful job on some of your graphic art/tags/whatever. Though Deidara bothers me, I feel that the art style wasn't suitable for your kind of work, it looks awkward.

derozio

Years
Yeah, hit the nail right on head, Erik. That tag turned out really awkward. Thanks for the comment, though! :]

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
I like the way you blur... How exactly do you get that effect? It looks different than a regular blur to me.... I'm not exactly liking that last yamamoto one with the sword as the focal... I'm fond of the gokudera one, but it is a bit too busy. I'm not quite liking the text, but that's a personal preference. kiu.

derozio

Years
Nothing special, really. All I do is use the 'blur more' or 'blur' filters and erase the parts which don't need blurring via masks. Never really tried other blurs like gaussian or motion blur, tbh. :P

And yeah, something seems off with the tag where sword is the focal. But yeah, in the end, it was just an experiment. XD; And as for the text in the gokudera tag, there's a version without text too. You might have seen that in one of the posts above. Text was added because the left side seemed empty compared to the right side. As for the 'business'...hmm, can't really do anything about that, I guess. XD;

Thanks for the comment, though! :]

zZJoennZz

What da!?
Years
About the yamamoto. you use the sword as the focal, but the image still view yamamoto so it's still distracting.

derozio

Years
Yeah, you're right. But blurring out the whole body of Yamamoto...just didn't feel right. I know it is distracting but I couldn't help it. :<

derozio

Years
Dropping this profile thingy here. Haven't updated/no comments, so..

Spoiler:

Hope you guys like it.

Shattered_Soul

Just Because :)
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 27, 2011
Wow, I really love your art. The affects you use are amazing, and for majority of your pieces the colour is amazing. The only thing I would say that you would have to work on is text, as well on some of your pieces you need more focal definition. However that seems to be getting better on your more recent tags.

For 3-4 months you've really made alot of progress. And it's obvious that your artwork is getting better as you make more. My advice is to experiment with affects that you have never used before, and expand your style. For graphics it's great to have your own distinct style, however it's also good to have the ability to create different affects. But I can tell you are allready doing that. XD

Anyways, great work so far keep it up!

derozio

Years
Haha yeah, I've had issues with focal and text. XD; I'll try to keep those points in mind. Thanks a bunch for your comment, bro. And glad to hear you like my works. <3;

So, update time (yet again!):

TsunaNewTag-1.png

TsunaNewTag1-1.png

Which version do you guys think is better?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Your newer Graphics are so epic!

Haha yeah, I've had issues with focal and text. XD; I'll try to keep those points in mind. Thanks a bunch for your comment, bro. And glad to hear you like my works. <3;

So, update time (yet again!):

TsunaNewTag-1.png

TsunaNewTag1-1.png

Which version do you guys think is better?

and this is a hard decision between which one is better or not because in my opinion they both look awesome, but I would say the blue one because it gives it a more kind of cool/relaxed feeling.

moments.

quixotic
Years
TsunaNewTag1-1.png

The blue one is way better because it isn't completely monotonous / loses depth because the colours are all the same. :P
But yeah, the blue one is better, but feels a tiny bit too blue. If you can bring out the yellows more so it is a fraction closer to the red version it will be great!
Other than that, the text it the only real thing that I feel is weak in this tag. I don't feel like it benefits the tag really at all. It is a bit bland..

But yeah, beautiful depth and lighting and the effects are great. If you removed the text and tweaked the colours a bit as mentioned, this tag will be amazing.
More like this please!

derozio

Years
Haha, I'm glad you like my works, Galukxy!

And yeah, those yellows are kinda weak. I figured that much later on. :P
As for the text, it was just a personal thing. I know it didn't add to the tag but...I just wanted to throw it inside the tag somewhere. I didn't get any other place besides that one. XD;

Anyway, I just made some alterations. Didn't reduce the blue, but have deleted the text and made the yellows pop out a little more. Is it better?

TsunaNewTag1ac.png

Also, a new avatar I just made for myself:
TsunaAvatar.png

moments.

quixotic
Years
Much better!

As for the icon, I would say a fraction too monotonous, but from just a easy view point, it looks really good! gotta loosen up my technical eye...
The placement is great, quality of the stock is ridiculously good, and the depth is great.
Lovely icon, nothing really to flaw in it.

derozio

Years
I knew it'd turn out monotonous. But yeah, I didn't think I could do much with the stock itself. I was trying to go for a hot look anyway. XD;

Also, something else:
Tiger.png

I didn't do much. Just some changes in colors, burned/dodged and sharpened some areas. Wasn't really in the mood..but Dad kinda forced me so...
Also, the 'roar' wasn't done by me. XD;

derozio

Years
No update in a while/no comments, so throwing this in here:

Spoiler:

Dante ftw. <3; Made for my profile. All the arrangements have been made keeping in mind the dimensions of my profile.

Back