• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Original] Dreams of a Peasant [M]

Bay

Years
The smell of salt and sulfur filled my nostrils. The sound of waves crashing against an unknown shore echoed through my skull as I lightly bumped into the soft sands of the foreign beach. My eyes stayed plastered shut, but my senses of hearing and smell were incredibly heightened. What was this new world I had discovered and how had I gotten here?

I rolled myself over onto the sandy beach and then began crawling. I didn't know to where I moved, but I felt that anywhere was safer than at this water's edge. I tried to figure out where I was. My eyes wouldn't open, my hands and legs felt numb but my hearing and smell were better than ever before.I could smell fresh fruit, ripe for the picking. Some few feet away a crab scuttled towards the water. The sound of each grain of sand moving hit my ears so finely that it almost pained me to listen.

I felt the second mention of him losing his sight but his other senses got better was a bit repetitive.

"Who in the hell… wow I'm still not used to this. Uh, is anyone there?"

I find his first spoken words amusing, lol.

I kneeld down and picked up whatever it was that the man had tossed to me. I held it up to my eyes thinking that it was actually what I had asked for. But instead I felt something cold clamp around my face. Metal hands latched into the back of my skull and peeled away what was left of the skin away from my face. I screamed out in terror as the object then drilled holes into my skull in the place where my eyes might have been, and then finally it rested frimly on my face. It enveloped my entire skull, leaving only seven holes. There were holes that shone in to the void that was my eye sockets, holes so that I could breathe through my nose, a hole for my mouth and a hole for each of my ears.

Well, most painful way to get your sight back. I do wonder though what sort of favor it is and if there will be consequences later on.

I reached my hand out to grab one off of its perch. It was shaped as a star. It had five parts, and each part held a different color. The parts adjacent to each other were opposties; red sat across from blue, green across from yellow, and then white sat all on its lonesome. I peeled off the white part from the fruit and hundreds of maggots spilled out onto my hand.

"Augh!" I threw the fruit onto the ground. It shattered on the impact and sent thousands more of the disgusting grubs all over the ground. They squirmed for a moment, and then all life left them.

My same reaction to maggots. D=

Curious what the "teacher" will be covering. Looking forward to more!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Part 4 - A history unraveled cont.

"Firstly I really must congratulate you. For such a well known story in your world, you were all too eager to accept the aid of the seven. The seven is mysterious and its motives remain elusive even to my eyes, but I do not believe it wishes to see you fail completely. However your actions have sealed your fate prematurely. We will accomplish that which we have set out to do, but you will not be able to completely fulfill your role it seems. Regardless of what you do with your life, all is already as it will and has always been destined to be. It is most unfortunate, however we mustn't dwell on such things."

As the world formed around me so too did the voice's body. A beautiful young girl, not much older than myself appeared in front of me and frowned. She looked me over and gave a single disapproving shake of the head before sighing and continuing on with her speech.

"My name is Solara. I was once a knight of the twenty two. If you would like to, you may refer to me as Por or Solara. Either is fine. Now, your first lesson. I assume you're not completely ignorant of this world's lore as you've lived here the majority of your life, however there are other worlds out there. This world in which we are now in is going to be called Por. It does have a proper name and spot in the planes of existence, however that would be much too complicated for the first lesson. So for now, it will be called Por. I am Por, and Por is me; however we have not always been as one."

A small seaside town had constructed itself. It was primitive, the tools were nothing grand nor were the buildings anything to stare at in awe. But there were sights to be seen. There were men and women, children and animals, but there were also giants which stood nearly five times taller than the rest of the villagers. The giants were carrying whole trees, massive stones and stacks of fishing boats as the villagers trailed behind with all of their gear for the occasions.

"As I have said, I was once a member of the twenty two. I was an orphan, though nothing like you. I was able to jump between the many planes of existence from the time I was born. My mother died during childbirth and as we were still connected, her soul took mine with her when she passed. However, since it was not actually my time to die I was cut loose from the soul of my mother and then fell back down the way I had came. Somewhere in that period of time, I too was visited by the seven. And at that time I was given my power so that I might always remember what I had been through. Shortly after the returning of my soul to my body I did my first jump which landed me in the plane in which the manifestation of Forms resides. Forms is the furthest plane from the plane of the living in which you reside."

As she continued her speech and our walk around town, I saw men and women working in tandem with beings only heard of in myth. They weaved together magic and caused explosions, built entire houses and raked in hundreds of fish from the sea in mere seconds. All were smiling, all was prosperous, none were hungry or alone save for one. A child of three or four sat in between two houses with tears dried on her sand coated face. Out of instinct I reached out my hand to her in an attempt to wipe it all away and then she lifted her head. Her eyes met mine and she spoke.

"Forms was nurturing and caring. In the realm of Forms, there is nothing. Besides the plane of creation, it is the next closest thing one could get to experiencing what life was like for The Mother in the beginning. Forms had no phsyical form, as is the nature of The Mother's creation. In order for one diety to exist, they must give to the life they wish to create that which they represent. When The Mother sent out forms from herself, she began to exist and Forms ceased to. I was never told a proper name for Forms, but he nurtured me until I was old enough to walk. To exist outside of the realm of the living, is to exist without the need of sustenance. As is why should you choose to stay here for eternity you shall never die regardless of what it is you do."

The girl disappeared and the small town began to crumble and was replaced by a great city. A massive castle stood at the back, and thousands of people crowded the streets making merry and going about their daily business. There were far more lonely and orphaned children in these parts, but with all that went on being good it was hard to take notice if you weren't expressly trying to. Solara appeared back in front of me and began walking towards the castle. Her body which had been covered in raggedy cloth now changed to an outfit of leather boots and a white cloak that nearly blinded me as it materialized.

"I was not always such a good little girl. After I left forms I traveled around the world of the living for many years trying to find my father but to no avail. He had disappeared to where I still do not know. He lives, but his presence escapes me. Perhaps it is a curse of my power? Anyways. After I gave up looking for him, I attempted to look for the one who had raised me. I jumped between planes of existence in my hunt to refind Forms. I had no control over where I appeared or even when sometimes. Moving between planes of existence is very dangerous you see. I had no power, no knowledge, nothing and nobody to guide me. All I had was myself... and what I could pick off of the deities' whose planes I visited. And now because of those actions long past I fear to ever set foot outside of this realm. I've stolen from every higher power in an attempt to grow stronger and find Forms or my father. Immortal beings are very good at holding grudges. Soul didn't so much care, Intelligence was happy to enlighten me to a few key things, Life nearly killed me before I could even take a single thing and Magic... well, magic nearly isn't a problem anymore."

We moved through the city until we were at the steps of the castle. A large crowd had gathered and twenty two people kneeled on the steps. An elderly looking man with a massive sword and beautiful crown stood at the top and stared down to them all. He smiled at the one on the furthest left and then looked to me. He nodded his head and then made his way down the line of people, tapping each one on both shoulders.

"On this day you see now, I and twenty one others including the first daughter of Sen Dyrian were knighted and sent off on the first royal expedition. Only a few of us knew each others, to the rest we were all complete strangers. Some seemed only in it for a good laugh or to journey with a princess. But when it came down to it we were all tested and true warriors. I with my many stolen trinkets and artifacts was one of the weakest of the group, however I could have very well taken out an entire army had the duty called for it. I believe I still could... not to get sidetracked. As I was saying, we journeyed far and wide searching for relics to bury with the king as he moved closer to his time. We fought and killed many a mighty beast and fleed from many more. We were a ragtag bunch and most couldn't keep their wits about them in the face of a single giant much less work together to take down a small flock of dragons. It was a sad time indeed, but we managed to keep all twenty two of ourselves alive until the very end of our journey. Of course, no good story is complete without a bout of betrayal. And at the end of our journey we had our fair share at the hands of the seven."

Many new scenes hastily constructed themselves as her story went on and then flew past me. Then one much larger scene came to be. Eighteen of the twenty two stood around me and one other, while three stood across from us; weapons drawn, armor donned and ready to fight. Blood had already been spilled. One man who seemed to be nothing more than a beggar laid on the ground between our two groups. His cloth clothes were soaked in blood and it had began to pool beneath him.

"The Seven has been helpful in the past, but I believe it finds even more joy in chaos. And it seems that he always chooses right. Long ago at the founding of the kingdom of Sen Dyrian, the seven found a nobody knight and struck up a deal with him. He would become a great warrior, but some day he would be called upon to complete a certain task. And should he refuse the gift which he had been given would become a curse and consume him and all those around him. The Seven never leaves any job undone. As far as I know, only three of us survived. There was me, the princess, and one other whose power was the same as mine. We managed to escape to the plane of creation right as the knight fell and the gift he had been given consumed all of the others. This is a tale without a happy ending. Though we did manage to get away, the princess did not make the trip back to her kingdom and fell only halfway there. In my shame I ventured deep into the woods of Lar Lar Wren and stumbled upon a certain old man."

The battlefield dissolved and from the ground sprouted the massive wood I had recently become familiar with. From where we stood, a clearing opened itself and a single tree sprouted. A small pond formed, and between the tree and the pond appeared a table with several cards on it. An empty chair stood within arm's reach, and across from where me and Por stood sat an old man. The old man looked up to the both of us and smiled softly.

"And then that certain old man become my guide."

The old man motioned for us to sit.

"A good guide," he began, "always begins by asking what he can do for his guests. You are still naive Solara. A final lesson for you before I begin back from the beginning of the boy's first lesson."

Solara took a seat across from the man and stared him down.

"And what exactly is there still to teach me? I am part of the Por now. You've simply looked at it for thousands of years. There's still many things you don't even know that I do and I'm nowhere near as dusty as you are."

The man laughed. "Yes, yes that is true. However, it does not matter. I believed I could leave the boy in your hands, but you have already damned him so now it doesn't matter who teaches him the things he needs to know. So if you would please go off and do whatever it is that you do out there all day, I will take care of this."

Solara growled and then rose from her seat.

"Listen kid." She grabbed me by my throat and leaned in close, staring into my eyes for a few seconds. "Sorry for getting you all screwed over like that. I guess there was a way I could have prevented it now that I think about it... I guess... I guess I'm really not cut out for being a guide." She released her grip and then looked over at the elderly man. "But this doesn't mean I give up. I've still got at least twenty years in me once time starts to catch up. I'm going to go back and make things right."

The old man nodded, and then Solara's cloak glowed brightly before imploding in on itself and disappearing.

"Now then," he turned back towards me, "I'm so very sorry you had to sit through that. But since that's all taken care of, what do you say we continue with where we left off before it got so off topic and personal?"

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Part 4 - A history unraveled cont.

"To start your lesson proper I will give you the actual names for each plane as well as the deities that reside there. Then once we have that covered, I'll go into each plane more in depth and move on from there."

The old man waved his hand in front of him and the scene instantly changed to a blank landscape. It was flat for as far as the eye could see and consisted only of sand.

"The first plane, the plane of creation. This is where everything began. The Mother was here in the beginning, and here her mind remains. When anyone falls to sleep, their mind comes to this place. Their souls then project themselves onto the landscape and form whatever dream they will be having at that time. Usually there is no way to control how your dreams take shape, however those from dimensions outside of those known to us have the ability to hop between dreams of other people. Should one know the true name of the plane of creation, then they will be able to have complete control over their dream selves. You will not find this name in any book, for the power of the name of this plane is much too powerful a thing for any normal person to have. However, it is necessary for you to know so that you may grow stronger. But we shall get to that later. Once we have finished your lessons, we shall see if you still desire to carry on with your journey. If you do, then I will give you this plane's true name."

With another wave of his hand, the landscape turned from sand to grass and dirt before being populated by one of my own memories. The king I had grown up loving stood before us, his castle loomed behind him and all around us were the slums of my old city. A younger version of myself sat on the ground beside us, wrapped in my favorite rug that was lost so long ago.

"You already know of the plane in which we currently reside. The pond of reflection is one of the easiest to access, but I have long since kept it hidden. This plane resides within the planes of creation, soul, knowledge and the realm of the living. What you are viewing now, is the realm of the living which I have reign over. I am the Oakfather. I care for and commune with the trees, and guide those who seek to know. Or in your case, those who have no choice but to understand. The true name for the realm of the living is Gyrah, and the true name for the pond of reflection is Solara. What she said about them being one in the same is true. I will not touch on that story too much, but after the great battle her and the other twenty two fell in she found her way here and basically fused together with the pond to continue living. So long as she lives, the pond will continue to exist and so long as I live then Gyrah will also continue to exist."

A horn sounded in the distance and the castle caught fire. The king fled and through the streets rode knights who wore the same armor as I. They cut down the orphans I had grown to love and burned the city down to embers. Then from the ashes arose the ghostly figures of those recently deceased. And with them, we also rose. We passed the others which had risen until we were on the same ground as a colossal being with thousands of arms. Mountains towered around us, rising even higher than the already massive being.

"Mipam is the deity of soul. His plane overlaps with mine, and connects to the plane of creation. When you dream, you must first pass through his realm which is named Zoudi. Being on the opposite end of the spectrum from Yvulis, the realm of knowledge has left her simple. It only knows how to do what it was created to do. Nothing more and nothing less, and he shall continue on in this way until her job is done. So long as Mipam continues to weave itself into the loom, humanity shall not perish."

The Oakfather reached out his hand and a door appeared in front of us. As he twisted the knob and pulled it open the world changed once more. This time to a great library. There were thousands of levels, each filled with shelves of books, scrolls and odd devices never seen before.

"This is the plane of knowledge, also known as Yvulis. It resides on the other side of Gyrah, opposite of Zoudi. Yvulis' caretaker is known as Kwouy, a massive creature with many brains and eyes. To lay eyes on it directly would be to be driven completely insane. However those who do manage to find their ways here are greeted almost as well as I greet guests of my own. The knowledge that Kwouy possesses stretching further even than the reaches of Por; stretching even into myth and lore of other universes. He communes with the great minds of Gar Droxos from time to time, and who knows what else he has influenced over the years."

A loud screech and the sound of falling bookshelves echoed from somewhere far far off in the dark areas of the library. The Oakfather's face grew a worried look and he scooted me off towards one of the nearby shelves. He pulled down a book and opened it to one of the back pages. He ran his fingers across a line on the page that was written in a language I couldn't understand, and then we were sucked into it. Words flew off the pages and grew into physical beings. All manner of monster and animal took shape in front of us.

"Magic is the power to give power to words. To bring fiction to life, and give imagination a form. The realm of magic is known as Quivit, and overlaps with the realms of Yvulis and Gyrah. The brother plane of Quivit is Miti, the realm of life. They do not touch, but are near exact mirror images of each other. Nearly like twins, however forever separated by Por and for good reason. Both have similar jobs in this world, but I see in your future a meeting with one, so I shall leave that explanation to one who knows it completely. For now suffice it to say, that when Por falls apart, all others will follow."

The Oakfather ran his hands through one of the animals that had been formed from the latent magical energies that surrounded us. He smiled and clapped his hands together.

"It is almost time to go. You have already experienced Forms, so there is nothing left for me to explain on this it seems. There are many disconnected planes out there too, but those are for the shifters. Each shifter has their own personal plane in which they can live for eternity, never aging, never growing hungry and never feeling. They are outside the influence of any of the other planes, and as such act as gods of their own worlds. But you are different. You are from neither here nor there. You come from another universe altogether, one outside of my vision. Yvulis might hold some more information for you on your origins, but what can be told is that the seven is the closest thing to a father which you have and I know about. It is the one that originally brought you here, though for what reason I knew not at the time. However with your recent meeting all has become clear to me. You are to be the destruction of this world. The Mother failed, and you are to be the one who will cause it all to fall. It is not all as simple as simply existing as a means to tear it apart, and you cannot fight your destiny. There are many out there who would force you along your path or watch you die in the process. It matters not. What needs to be asked now though, is will you continue on willingly?"

The Oakfather glared at me. His eyes pierced through me and I felt thousands of tiny swords run me through as a chill ran up my spine. I was meant to be a savior. That was my dream. I wanted to be a king worth remembering. One with high morals, a kind and compassionate ruler. And now I was being told that I was meant to be a destroyer. What little hope I had left to follow my passion had just been broken. I became instantly depressed and felt that nothing even mattered anymore. My eyes remained fixed on the floor, but the old man knew what my answer was. The question he had given was only a formality. At this point in time I truly had no other option. I was too weak to defy anyone or anything, especially not something this long in the making. The Oakfather placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I understand. You may still live a full life and you may still be the king that you wish to be, but the road you must take to accomplish that dream will bring about the ruin of this world."

I could still be the king that I wanted to? But I was meant for destruction... none of it made any sense in my mind. If I could have just seen the future that was to come as all these around me who were pushing me along could too. I grew angry, I raised my fists and rushed the old man. I still didn't understand. Even now nothing made sense. I slammed my fists down hard on the Oakfather's chest. I pounded away at him again and again, letting out all of my anger and confusion.

"Child. Please. Not all things make sense at this time, but they will. You are special. You have a purpose in this world unlike any other because you are not of this world. Simply accept the task which you have been given and in time all will be explained to you. I have give you the names of each of the different planes so that you may enter each in your dreams. First you must accept your destiny. Once we have passed that milestone I will tell you the name of the plane of creation and you may begin on your journey. Here, allow me to show you."

The old man disappeared from beneath me and in front of me appeared several doors in the middle of the vast desert from before. The first door swung open and revealed Gyrah, the second opened and revealed Zoudi, the third Quivit, the fourth Yvulis, the fifth Miti and the sixth was Forms.

"When you dream and you know the name of creation these doors shall appear unto you. With Gyrah you may continue your lessons on the history of the world. You will pass through to a time that is relevant to your current task and you will learn of something that will possibly aid you should you know how to use it. To enter Zoudi you will be able to speak with people long since passed. Great kings, magical beings and many others who have experiences to share with you should you be ready to accept. To enter Quivit will be to begin your training in the ways of magic. Though it has all but died in this world, there are still many artifacts and other such items that can be used to channel or imitate the powers that magic once demonstrated. To enter Yvulis will be to learn up on history and tactics. Perhaps upon entering there you may one day find the truth of your origins. To enter Forms will be to experience nothingness and simply meditate. And to enter Miti.... well... I can't say that there is much for you to gain should you enter Miti. However the door shall always be open."

The doors disappeared and I was back in the forest with the Oakfather. We sat at the table together with the eight cards on the table surrounding the plate of bread. The wood of Lar LarWren surrounded us and pounded away at the invisible barrier that protected us. A crack appeared on one side and began to grow larger with each strike of the trees' branches.

"We haven't much time it seems. Now, what say you young catalyst?"

Bay

Years
Solara's backstory is very interesting and I like that she used to be a lady knight. I can see the mention of the seven and how she "cut ties from her mother's soul" reminds me of the last bit from your Lore story collection. The interaction between the guide and Solara was kinda amusing in a strange way, maybe because of the teacher/student dynamic thing going on (if you can call it that).

"Listen kid." She grabbed me by my throat and leaned in close, staring into my eyes for a few seconds. "Sorry for getting you all screwed over like that. I guess there was a way I could have prevented it now that I think about it... I guess... I guess I'm really not cut out for being a guide." She released her grip and then looked over at the elderly man. "But this doesn't mean I give up. I've still got at least twenty years in me once time starts to catch up. I'm going to go back and make things right."

Solara showing her true colors, it seems.

The true name for the realm of the living is Gyrah, and the true name for the pond of reflection is Solara. What she said about them being one in the same is true. I will not touch on that story too much, but after the great battle her and the other twenty two fell in she found her way here and basically fused together with the pond to continue living. So long as she lives, the pond will continue to exist and so long as I live then Gyrah will also continue to exist."

That explains why for Solara's appearance earlier.

However with your recent meeting all has become clear to me. You are to be the destruction of this world. The Mother failed, and you are to be the one who will cause it all to fall.

Ouch. Quite a twist there.

Each of the planes/worlds being mentioned sounds very interesting. And I can see why this story is titled "Dreams of a Peasant" as the protagonist (sorry forgot if he was given a name or not :x) will be going through different dream realms. Looking forward to more!

Back