• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon Crystal Plus

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I have yet to get the right tools, but I REALLY want to do this:

Pokemon Crystal+
Romhack of: Pokemon Crystal(duh)

Story: You begin your journey as a Pokemon Trainer, 3 years after the events of the first Generation of games. To Collect all eight badges and beat the Elite for is the goal, but many challanges await. Team Rocket has returned, hoping to find the whereabouts of their leader. The Legendary Pokemon, Suicune, is out and about. Can you befriend it.
After all is said and done, you get to explore the Kanto Region, with all new-content never seen in the original second-gen games.

Most have to do with the Pokemon Themselves. I'm going to give them the same type of TM compatibility they have in Later Gens, Like Gyarados with Earthquake and Venusaur with Sludge Bomb(Seriously, they couldn't get those moves until 3rd Gen)

I'm also planning to add later-gen moves, but it's limited for this reason:

there are 256 Slots for moves in GSC, and 251 of them are used up already.

I'm planning to Fill up those final 5 and replace some moves with others:

Added:
Flash Cannon
Dark Pulse
Signal Beam
Aerial Ace
Brick Break (I'll probably be unable to give it its secondary effect)

Replaced:
Fury Cutter with X Scissor
An Easy Replacement

Splash with Bounce
Pretty much everything that gets Splash can also get Bounce

Razor Wind with Stone Edge
The only way to get Razor Wind in GSC is to trade over a RGBY Pokemon that learned it via TM.

Snore with Bug Bite
Worthless move is worthless (Bug Bite won't have its Secondary effect)

Dragonbreath with Dragon Pulse
I'll have to change Clair's Dialouge, though.

Barrage with Sucker Punch
I'm pretty sure Exeggcute won't miss it's exclusive move. I'll have to make Sucker Punch work like a Dark-Type Extremespeed

Twineedle with Energy Ball
See Barrage

Detect with Aromatheraphy
Do we really need both Protect and Detect?

I'll also chang the TMs around, and add a few more Move Tutors

"But Dunsparce, how are you goign to make Space?"

Easy, by Getting rid of all of those worthless unused Beta Maps found in the coding taking up memory.

I'm also adding all the Pokemon that can only be found in R/G/B/Y/G/S to it.

I'll make a special Dungeon(s) for the Birds, Mewtwo, and Mew, add the G/S only version Pokemon to the locations they're found there, and a Special Cave with The Fossils and a Grass Patch with the six Starters.

Most Pokemon with also get a Movepool Facelift, like so:

Magikarp
-- Tackle
05 Bubble (GSC NYPC Move)
10 Flail
15 Reversal (GSC NYPC Move)
20 Bounce (Platinum tutor Move, Will replace Splash data-wise)

And this:
Dunsparce
-- Rage
04 Defense Curl
09 Glare
15 Rollout (FR/LG Level-Up)
19 Spite
23 Pursuit
28 Screech
34 Take Down
37 Ancientpower (D/P/P Level-Up)
41 Dig (D/P/P Level-Up)
46 Flail (FR/LG Level-Up)
50 Horn Drill (G/S/C NYPC Move)

Last I remember, the most Level-Up Moves a Pokemon can have in GSC is Twelve, and so I shall abide to those rules.

I'm doing this out of my love for the 2nd Gen Games, and that alone. Even when HG/SS get released, I'll still play the original versions, like I still do with R/G/B/Y.

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Ummmmmmm this would go in the ROMhacking forum not the game developement.... unless you're using RM2k/RM2k3/RMXP/RMVX to make this so either get a mod to move this or just repost your thread there...

Gah! I was viewing both this and the Romhack sub-forums at the same time, and I guess I posted it in the wrong one. I feel like an idiot >.<;

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Good, it was moved.

I understand that not very many people would want to play a second gen game rom hack.

I guess I'm also trying to show that the 2nd gen itself still has alot of potential in the rom hacking community.

gotron228

^_^
Years
Nice Dunsparce I also think that the 2nd Gen of Pokemon games should be apart of the hacking Community they have allot of Potential with extra space in the Rom and 2 Regions to fiddle around with I'm glad to see you are using this to your advantage with this Rom Hack I'm trying to make a unique 2nd Gen Rom hack currently I'm just undecided to do it with G/S or Crystal it all depends on which has the better tools lol

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
even though it would only be an 'upgrade' of a Crystal game, you still need to include a storyline to keep this thread open. :\

gotron228

^_^
Years
I don't think you need allot you could change the story and make this game a little more difficult but not so difficult you have to completely grind other than that it's pretty good

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I don't think you need allot you could change the story and make this game a little more difficult but not so difficult you have to completely grind other than that it's pretty good

Yeah, I was thinking of Increasing the levels of the enemy Pokemon and changing around the rosters of the Gym Leaders/Elite Four around.

gotron228

^_^
Years
Also you could probably change the maps a bit to so it's crystal but just a crystal game which no-one has played yet :D

Back