• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: mdrngzer: A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Randomizer

Years
Seeing as the PMD games weren't mysterious enough, I made a randomizer for them.

This program randomizes the following aspects of the game:

• Pokemon Attributes
    • Abilities
    • Move learnset
    • Typing
    • IQ Groups
  • Dungeon Attributes
    • The pokemon that appear in each dungeon
    • The items that spawn in each dungeon
    • The terrain appearance of each dungeon
    • The music of each dungeon
These options can all be enabled and disabled independent of each other.

The Randomizer currently only supports Explorers of Sky (US), but I am working on support for more versions in the future.

Downloads:
v0.9.1

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/93pVI
https://imgur.com/a/rsku1

Notes:
  • Certain pokemon, such as legendaries and unown, are untouched by the randomizer for either mechanic or progression reasons.
Planned features:
  • Writing all the randomizations to a text file for easy viewing.
  • Weather
  • Add option for randomized moves to be baised towards pokemon type/stats
  • Support for more game versions!(RRT, BRT, possibly even GTI & PSMD)
Known bugs:
  • None! yet...
You can see the source Here

Please report any bugs you find!

Special thanks to:
OgreGunner & nhahtdh of GameFaqs - Major research on where dungeon data is stored.
psy_commando & evandixon of Project Pokemon - Research on pretty much everything else about Explorers of Sky, creating the wiki page for it.
vadixidav - Helped a lot with some of the coding.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I was really surprised to see a tool for the Mystery Dungeon games, and kinda happy too. At least until I've read that it only supports Explorers of Sky...
Are there plans to make this compatible with Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (GBA)? :(

Last edited:

Aeonias

S҉̕oul̀͝ ҉Ć͟ol̛͢l̷̢͟e̡͜ c̷t͜ó̷͠ŗ͘
Years
I know the thread is very old, but I wanted to thank Aissurteivos for this tool, I'm having a lot of fun using it!

Back