• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I think so too....after seeing that if Character Customization isn't in the game then Game Freak is trolling us.

If there isn't customization in the game they should have realized putting the character in such a position would cause confusion.

I think it just looks like a scene from the beginning of the game just before you leave your house.

vaporeon7

Years
Alright, I might as well say my full opinion on it(if I haven't already, I don't necessarily remember):

I really doubt that character customization are going to be a part of these games D: It seems...like a "too good to be true" kind of thing, yeah? It would be awesome but...what exactly are we limited to as far as customization goes? Like, is it just clothing, or maybe the hat, and is it possible to attain more clothing/accessories?

The more I think about it, the more I don't really believe it's possible, but there's no harm in hoping for it. XD

Well they had it in Battle Revolution, but I'm not hopeful for it either.

droomph

weeb
Years
Alright, I might as well say my full opinion on it(if I haven't already, I don't necessarily remember):

I really doubt that character customization are going to be a part of these games D: It seems...like a "too good to be true" kind of thing, yeah? It would be awesome but...what exactly are we limited to as far as customization goes? Like, is it just clothing, or maybe the hat, and is it possible to attain more clothing/accessories?

The more I think about it, the more I don't really believe it's possible, but there's no harm in hoping for it. XD

Maybe like a Mii-hat thing, where you can put like clothes and crazy accessories on the character as you go along the story and stuff, but the main features of the body frame is kept the same (eg no big muscles or long arms).

That's more likely imo :)

vaporeon7

Years
Maybe like a Mii-hat thing, where you can put like clothes and crazy accessories on the character as you go along the story and stuff, but the main features of the body frame is kept the same (eg no big muscles or long arms).

That's more likely imo :)

They might just make it for when you connect with other people so you look different.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Y'know, what if one of the most wanted types, like you mentioned and uhh Ground were actually dual-types for a special Eeveelution? I have a feeling I'd like something like that, which'd make it mark the new generation of Eeveelutions, with the fact that it's specially dual-typed! Or what if the other Eeveelutions could get dual types in this generation too? That'd be p awesome imo (like Rotom!!)

vaporeon7

Years
Y'know, what if one of the most wanted types, like you mentioned and uhh Ground were actually dual-types for a special Eeveelution? I have a feeling I'd like something like that, which'd make it mark the new generation of Eeveelutions, with the fact that it's specially dual-typed! Or what if the other Eeveelutions could get dual types in this generation too? That'd be p awesome imo (like Rotom!!)

No, don't change Vaporeon, it's perfect as is. (Unless you want to expand its movepool ;)

I think Steel, Rock and Poison Eeveelutions woukd be easiest to create in this gen.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
@ Vapor: But then Vaporeon can be Water/Ice aka stronggg, while Flareon could benefit from something making it less rock weak, like Fighting/Fire. and Jolteon can have... something... awesome! And Umbreon can be part Steel to make it really defensive, and Espeon can be part Grass cause light and I associate grass with light/Psychic.

vaporeon7

Years
@ Vapor: But then Vaporeon can be Water/Ice aka stronggg, while Flareon could benefit from something making it less rock weak, like Fighting/Fire. and Jolteon can have... something... awesome! And Umbreon can be part Steel to make it really defensive, and Espeon can be part Grass cause light and I associate grass with light/Psychic.

I don't want Vaporeon to be weak to Stealth Rock though...

I don't think they're going to change any more Pokémon's official typings anymore. I'd just confuse everyone.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Who knows! They're capable of anything really, and changing up the typings could give us some new variety and change current tierings and stuff a bit, which could make for interesting metagames in NU/UU/OU (which is what they're all in now that is!)

Years
. and Jolteon can have... something... awesome!

Electric/Bug I've been using him as a pseudo-bug in almost any Gen 1 (and sometimes even Gen2) runs I do. To me it's just feels right. Of course, I think this whole second type thing would only really work if they were to evolve. I would trade in all the things just to see them obtain a stage-2.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh ya, it also gets Signal Beam too!! But only issue is I don't really see it as looking like a bug lmao. It's just... designed in a way that it doesn't look like if it were to get another typing in these games that it'd fit into no other typing easily imo.

vaporeon7

Years
Giving Vaporeon an extra ice typing would make no sense. It can only learn one damaging ice move that most Water Pokémon cannot, Auroua Beam. Octillery can learn that too, should we tack an ice typing on too, or maybe a psychic, or grass, or even fire? Ice is probably the worst defensive typing and would destroy Vaporeon's many walling capabilities.

Guy

just a guy
Years
You want to make Umbreon 4x weak against Fighting types? D:

If previous Eeveelutions were given dual-types, then I wouldn't want it to be a type that another Eeveelution already has. I mean, Glaceon is already an Ice-type, making Vaporeon Water/Ice sort of makes the whole Eeveelutions system seem redundant.

blue

gucci
Years
I wouldnt support previous eeveelutions getting dual types, it would eliminate the need to create any more eeveelutuons of typing that get assigned to the previous ones and its pretty balanced as it is right now.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Plus what would you give as a second type to frickin flareon, it's still going to suck so instead GF should give flareon better moves, maybe upgrade it's bite to crunch or give it a signature move or something, anything, flareon is probaly the most favorite eveelution but is generally unusable in competitive play

vaporeon7

Years
Plus what would you give as a second type to frickin flareon, it's still going to suck so instead GF should give flareon better moves, maybe upgrade it's bite to crunch or give it a signature move or something, anything, flareon is probaly the most favorite eveelution but is generally unusable in competitive play

Nica suggested fighting earlier. But the only move that suggests this is Superpower, which is a move that many Pokémon can learn. The typings she suggested are based off one or two moves and hardly put up any argument. There are plenty of other Pokémon that deserve a type change than the Eeveelutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back