• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Can't wait for this to be released.
If you can pull this off as well as Game Freak would have made it (meaning no errors in the scripting, every animation working fine, everything working perfectly; Game Freak-quality basically):
bow.gif

So many current rom hacks have errors in their scripts that kind of break the immersion for me, I'm having trouble finding one I like.

That and having extra rivals and stuff. Don't get me wrong, the occasional addition is fine, but sometimes I prefer just a straight Gen II -> Gen III remake style, which is what CrystalDust excels in doing. LC on the other hand makes gameplay more challenging and interesting with new elements making the game a little more 'fresh'.

Master_Bait

にょろーん~
Years
guys, where can we get ze ss aqua ticket? prof. elm still won't give it to me. still raving about the "unhatched" Togepi egg that's already a Togetic.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
guys, where can we get ze ss aqua ticket? prof. elm still won't give it to me. still raving about the "unhatched" Togepi egg that's already a Togetic.
The ticket for the S.S. Aqua isn't in this beta. You'll be able to go to Kanto in beta 3 and up.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
GIANT HUGE PROBLEM!When you see Suicune and the other legendary dogs is Ecruteak,and you fall on that cave,there is no ladder to get back up!!!

Years
GIANT HUGE PROBLEM!When you see Suicune and the other legendary dogs is Ecruteak,and you fall on that cave,there is no ladder to get back up!!!
There is a way to get out, I believe it's somewhere at the south of the bottom floor of Burnt Tower.

Also, how do I fly back to Joto, once I entered Canto?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
You can't fly back to Johto from Kanto. Talk to the man next to an Abra in the Pokemon Center at Indigo Plateau.

Also, how do I fly back to Joto, once I entered Canto?

You can't fly back to Johto from Kanto. Talk to the man next to an Abra in the Pokemon Center at Indigo Plateau.

Last edited:

Dr. James

Experimenting
Years
Hello. I'm getting a glitch and can't progress. I reached Ecruteak and entered the gym. Instead of the dude telling me that Morty isn't there, he stands in the middle and if I speak to him nothing happens. I can actually go to the back and fight Morty.

dude.png

But I didn't. I went to the Burned tower and found Eusine and Morty there. When I tried to speak to Silver, the same thing happened: he doesn't say anything and stays there.

silver.png

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
i have seen many modded games that can be played in mobile device (my boy! at least) the mod looks awesome and will try it out.

Ps. how many legendary Pokemon can you catch in this mod? and where?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Can't wait for this to be released.
If you can pull this off as well as Game Freak would have made it (meaning no errors in the scripting, every animation working fine, everything working perfectly; Game Freak-quality basically):
bow.gif

So many current rom hacks have errors in their scripts that kind of break the immersion for me, I'm having trouble finding one I like.
I hope to have this ROM hack, when it's done, at the highest level of quality I can attain.
Well, then why are you complaining on something so simple (I think) (Mikachu) but you're adding huge things? (Sevii Islands) Mikachu's sprite is even in the intro already! Meh, still cool. Better than Liquid C------.
Mikachu's in the intro as kind of my "company logo", really. However, I don't want to insert actual fake Pokémon that weren't in the original game. I'm fine with extra plot that doesn't change the actual gameplay so much, but Fakemon are where I draw the line.
That and having extra rivals and stuff. Don't get me wrong, the occasional addition is fine, but sometimes I prefer just a straight Gen II -> Gen III remake style, which is what CrystalDust excels in doing. LC on the other hand makes gameplay more challenging and interesting with new elements making the game a little more 'fresh'.
This is basically the difference between CD and LC. Nice summation. :D
Sorry, but you can't get the Aqua Ticket in this beta.
By the way, if anyone still has issues with the Togepi egg stuff, send me your save in a PM and I'll try to fix it.
NICE HACK BRO! HOPE YOU CAN FINISH BETA 3!
GOODLUCK ANYWAYS!:D
THANKYOU VERY MUCH!:D
Nice hack!
Can't wait for the next beta and the final completed version!
Thanks for the comment!

Hello. I'm getting a glitch and can't progress. I reached Ecruteak and entered the gym. Instead of the dude telling me that Morty isn't there, he stands in the middle and if I speak to him nothing happens. I can actually go to the back and fight Morty.

But I didn't. I went to the Burned tower and found Eusine and Morty there. When I tried to speak to Silver, the same thing happened: he doesn't say anything and stays there.
Interesting, people haven't reported glitches with the Burned Tower for quite some time. Tell me, both of you, what you did prior to that (any side stuff, like the Ruins of Alph especially) and we'll see if there's a link.
i have seen many modded games that can be played in mobile device (my boy! at least) the mod looks awesome and will try it out.

Ps. how many legendary Pokemon can you catch in this mod? and where?
You can catch a grand total of one for now: Suicune in the Tin Tower.

And now, for something I've been working on for at least three weeks:
Ruins of Alph Update - 12/10/2013

Yeah, you read that right. The old and buggy Ruins of Alph puzzles from the first beta of CrystalDust are back, and this time, they don't break everything when used.
CrystalDust_ruinsofalph.png
CrystalDust_ruinsofalph2.png

On top of that, the braille on the walls of the chambers has finally been replaced with proper Unown text like they were supposed to be this whole time!

Some small bugs were also fixed with this update:

• Using the Escape Rope inside of the first cavern shows the proper earthquake animation upon reentering.
  • Other miscellaneous things.
As always, you can download this update at the link in the first post!

Last edited:
Years
Lol!
The Puzzles are finally working xD
Amazing job as always i hope the phone or night day pokemon system will be available soon

I noticed a bug in the bag and bugs update but maybe you fixed it so im gna try this new beta first to check if its still there

And 2 new questions:

1. I noticed the dark cave aint completly dark like in the originql crystal will you change that some day or keep the emerald version where it shows a the area close to the player in a circle

2. Premier balls didnt exist in the original, we can get them in this hack though will this be changed or you will keep them

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
And now, for something I've been working on for at least three weeks:
Ruins of Alph Update - 12/10/2013

Yeah, you read that right. The old and buggy Ruins of Alph puzzles from the first beta of CrystalDust are back, and this time, they don't break everything when used.
CrystalDust_ruinsofalph.png
CrystalDust_ruinsofalph2.png

On top of that, the braille on the walls of the chambers has finally been replaced with proper Unown text like they were supposed to be this whole time!

Some small bugs were also fixed with this update:

• Using the Escape Rope inside of the first cavern shows the proper earthquake animation upon reentering.
  • Other miscellaneous things.
As always, you can download this update at the link in the first post!
I love how you added a FR/LG-style header thingy on the Ruins of Alph puzzle. It makes it look a lot more official.

Also, may I ask why you have frequent mini-updates rather than infrequent large updates? This isn't a criticism, I'm genuinely curious.

EDIT: Also about the Johto/Kanto tree thing when you said that you didn't want to initially use the first ones of mine that I posted, I recall there was a newer one that I posted over at RHO that you said you would use, but because that was in a chatroom you might have lost it. Here is a newer one, just in case:
155tkps.png

If you don't like it, tell me what's wrong with it, because at this point it seems like I'm the only person whose willing to make proper Johto trees for you, and this is something that I really want to see done in a G/S/C remake (actually recognizing that in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had completely different visual tilesets).

Last edited:

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I love how you kept pretty much the same general overworld tileset as FR/LG as well.

VerdeWare

...death is only the beginning
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2020
how did you hack the emerald music? I would love to know this because Im currently making a pokemon gold remake.

Dr. James

Experimenting
Years
Interesting, people haven't reported glitches with the Burned Tower for quite some time. Tell me, both of you, what you did prior to that (any side stuff, like the Ruins of Alph especially) and we'll see if there's a link.

Hi. Nothing special. I just caught Sudowoodo, obtained Rock smash, battled the trainers on the way to Ecruteak and then went to the Pokemon Center. After that, I went to the gym, expecting to have the "you can't enter here" message, but it didn't happen. And then I went to the Burned tower, and Silver was speechless as well.

Back