• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was everyone's first game?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Pokemon Red. I got it as joined birthday gift with me and my two brothers who also got games and Gameboy Colors. My older brother got Blue and my little brother got Mario Galary 3.

MVPokeStory

Nom Nom Nom
Years
Pokemon Yellow. Also like someone else said about there battery. My battery is still on green, and its been in there for a few year well a lot of years.

Years
The first game that I actually played was my cousin's Yellow, which I borrowed for about a month when I was younger. I was already hooked on the show and the cards, and I knew then that I needed to get one of the games for myself.

Fast forward to my 9th birthday, and I got my very own Pokemon Gold. I can't even begin to count how many hours I put into that thing, but even though my original save file is long gone, I'm glad to say that the battery is running in it nearly 10 years later.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Gold version was my first Pokemon game. Gettin my ass kick by whitney. Meanwhile team rocket was running looking like the hamburglar, committing petty crimes; I mean...really?! Cutting off the tails of Slowpoke?! Seriously, like...WTF...WHY?! All while dealing with a grody pre-teen who obviously didn't get held enough when he was a baby.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Diamond was my first Pokemon game. Thought it was meh at first, but now re-visiting I think it is great! Platinum was a significant improvement and HG/SS were awesome!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Pokemon Red was mine. I got it like the second day it came out. I'll never forget picking it up.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Pokemon Blue. I bought it about 10 years ago or so. I remember that I had chosen charmader at first, but restarted it with squirtle.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Mine was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time. I played it a lot and my mom even played it XD My first mainstream pokemon game was diamond. It was technically supposed to be for my sister and me but the minute my mom put it down, i grabbed it and ran into the bathroom, ds in hand and picked my buddy, chimchar. The game seemed so magical then. Good times.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Silver. Rented it when everyone was talking. Soon got my own GBC + Silver + Blue and eventually got several more. Been playing ever since even if I am getting bored of it.

Being a college grad lets me have nostalgia for those things.

Pinta77

Pokemon Crystal was my first, and I played it soooo much! Ever since then, I've been a pokemon fan.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Pokemon yellow was my very first game. And even though it was the game to start it all. I loved it and i even play it every now and then to bring back old memories.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
My first game was not even a main series game. I believe it was Pokemon Colosseum. My first main series game was Diamond version. My folks were rather strict on letting me buy Pokemon games. Though I was fortunate enough to play my friend's Yellow version when it first came out. Fun times.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
The first game I played was Pokemon Yellow.

edit: It was Pokemon Red.

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
Years
The first Pokémon game I played was the yellow version. I was only 5 and couldn't even read so I didn't enjoy it that much at that time to be honest x)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Pokemon Red! Had it for a very long time, a mother's friend bought it for me when I was 4 or 5. It spent some time at my cousin's but after he got bored of Pokemon, I asked whether I could have it and its been in my Gameboy Colour.
I also just realised that my Gameboy Colour died on me. D: Or is it the batteries run out...

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
My first was Emerald, but I vaguely remember getting a FireRed somewhere in that time frame.

I was such a noob about Pokémon back then. It was when I lived the game in a reality closer to the real world. I know so much about the mechanics behind it that its just not the same ;_;.

Years
My first Pokemon Game was Blue... when they first game out, my siblings and I loved it. :D I may have taken breaks within the series due to various reasons, but I always keep coming back.

Years
I'm a diamond boy myself. Now I wish I had gotten Platinum...

But, ah! The memories! I even kind of remember my team...

Piplup, shinx, drifloon, (for a bit) budew, starly, (for a bit) dialga, and possibly riolu, gible or chingling? I can't exactly remember.

God, I was such a noob. I didn't realize Luxray was not half dark type (I figured it was because it learned bite and crunch) until the Elite 4. XD

IrishAurum

Professor's Assistant
Years
Mine was Green belive it or not a friend of mine (he was much older) had gotten it from japan and he never let me wear headphones while playing

Back