• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon do you wish existed?

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
Golurk.

Seems like it'd be a fairly good bodyguard.

Plus, it can learn Fly- which means that I wouldn't have to deal with traffic.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I wish a proper dolphin pokémon existed. Lanturn is adorable and all, but it's not really a dolphin since it's also that lantern-depths-fish thingy from Finding Nemo.

I've also wished for a panda pokémon since forever since Spinda didn't quite impress me and look! Pancham did the job. Pangoro too, I guess, even though I feel like they were inspired a bit from the Pandaren of WoW... no? ;)

Spoiler:

DahlilaWood

The loveable trainer
Years
I was actually just thinking about this idea about an hour ago when I was browsing through pictures of Pokemon over google and tumblr. I thought I massively loved Deerling, and I do. I'd love to have one. But the Pokemon I wish for the most definitely has to be Noivern now that i've had the chance to meet in in the new anime series as well as in-game. I'd get to fly places quicker and not to mention I find Noivern super adorable, and intimidating. What I would give for a real Noivern...

MidnaMoon

Queen of Arendelle
Years
Furret, probably a strange choice, but I always found Furret to be quite cute, and out of all the pokemon I imagine he would take the least effort to look after in real life, after all we haven't got pokeball's in the real world so looking after most pokemon could be quite difficult.

Elements1

Meh
Years
I think a Shiny Greninja would be awesome in real life. It would be hard to catch by the goverment/hunters due to it's ninjaness and it would just generally be awesome.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would have to say Lapras. It seems nice/peaceful enough to not kill me just because, and i could travel across the oceans with it (:

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
Years
Hawlucha, to make WWE more interesting, besides Ground Types Moves don't have effect against Flying, so that means he can get away from getting buried by Triple H

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
after all we haven't got pokeball's in the real world so looking after most pokemon could be quite difficult.

"No. Stop. Electrode, NO. Don't you even DARE- NO. No. Stoplookingatmelikethat. I just finished fixing the whole half of the house, so don't you- ah... no.

no no no nonononononoNONO N-

*Boom*

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 2, 2017
Probably none. Some of their attacks are kind of scary. I can't post the picture because it would violate the "violence" section of the forum rules, but I got my lip bit literally in half, a full 1" from the lower part of my nose down to the bottom, of my top lip by an extremely violent Doberman Pinscher biting me a year ago this month. I required 100 stitches from a plastic surgeon. It was a very gory, very bloody picture I took of me in a hospital ER bed while laying down waiting for the Plastic Surgeon to show up that day as my face had been mutilated by a dog.

I imagine this attack would be similar to a Growlith's Bite attack.

Some of the attacks the Poke'mon do, if they ever used them on their human trainers, such as Pikachu often shocking Ash in the Anime, would NOT be a fun experience. I imagine it would be similar to when a cop uses his taser on you.

Take Arbok, obviously inspired by a King Cobra. In the game it bites you and you're "poisoned" (ironically though, no snakes are poisonous, a lot of snakes however are 'venomous'). If that happened in real life, well it was nice knowing you, but thats the end of you. And for that matter, short of a Honey Badger Poke'mon, the end of your Poke'mon after the battle as well.

I'm in Tucson Arizona, we have a good amount of rattlesnakes per acre in any given part of the desert. one bites you, and IF you make it to a hospital in time, assuming you're not a small child or an elderly person, you're out of commission for a couple weeks, while using up $2,000 per vial anti-venom.

When I was at my work at a college, they had a copperhead in a glass cage, and I poked my face in front of his cage and he lunged and bit the glass. If he had been successful, that would have been a long stay at the hospital for the next several days or weeks. On the opposite end of the spectrum they had a Timber Rattler which was extremely mellow and never coiled up or prepared to bite you if you did anything in front of his cage. The only way I could foresee him biting you and envenoming you is if you stepped on him (which is possible since they have amazing camouflage on their scales that makes them as close to invisible as Predator in that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie from the 80's without actually being invisible)

We got Bark Scorpions that require a trip to the hospital and takes multiple days to recover from their stings. Your whole leg can get paralyzed for a period of time just over a small scorpion stinging you on your foot and numbing your nerve endings as its the most dangerous scorpion on the N. American continent. I check my covers in bed every so often for bugs, since bugs and the desert go hand in hand, but usually all I find are some ginormous and disgusting cockroaches. That being said we have had Scorpions in our house before and we do everything in our power to maintain a relatively bug free house (when I say bug, that includes Arthropods and Arachnids like Scorpions).

Some of the Poke'mon's attacks are obviously inspired by their interpretations of their real life counterparts, and while I can tolerate some animals, I own a hamster afterall (very similar to a Rattata minus the tail) I don't think we need, you know 719 more species of animals on this planet all capable of doing attacks against potential human targets. I try to avoid the venemous bugs and snakes in my part of the desert as it sits now. IIRC Ash died for a period of time from getting hit by an attack from MewTwo in the original movie.

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
Probably none. Some of their attacks are kind of scary. I can't post the picture because it would violate the "violence" section of the forum rules, but I got my lip bit literally in half, a full 1" from the lower part of my nose down to the bottom, of my top lip by an extremely violent Doberman Pinscher biting me a year ago this month. I required 100 stitches from a plastic surgeon. It was a very gory, very bloody picture I took of me in a hospital ER bed while laying down waiting for the Plastic Surgeon to show up that day as my face had been mutilated by a dog.

I imagine this attack would be similar to a Growlith's Bite attack.

Some of the attacks the Poke'mon do, if they ever used them on their human trainers, such as Pikachu often shocking Ash in the Anime, would NOT be a fun experience. I imagine it would be similar to when a cop uses his taser on you.

Take Arbok, obviously inspired by a King Cobra. In the game it bites you and you're "poisoned" (ironically though, no snakes are poisonous, a lot of snakes however are 'venomous'). If that happened in real life, well it was nice knowing you, but thats the end of you. And for that matter, short of a Honey Badger Poke'mon, the end of your Poke'mon after the battle as well.

I'm in Tucson Arizona, we have a good amount of rattlesnakes per acre in any given part of the desert. one bites you, and IF you make it to a hospital in time, assuming you're not a small child or an elderly person, you're out of commission for a couple weeks, while using up $2,000 per vial anti-venom.

When I was at my work at a college, they had a copperhead in a glass cage, and I poked my face in front of his cage and he lunged and bit the glass. If he had been successful, that would have been a long stay at the hospital for the next several days or weeks. On the opposite end of the spectrum they had a Timber Rattler which was extremely mellow and never coiled up or prepared to bite you if you did anything in front of his cage. The only way I could foresee him biting you and envenoming you is if you stepped on him (which is possible since they have amazing camouflage on their scales that makes them as close to invisible as Predator in that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie from the 80's without actually being invisible)

We got Bark Scorpions that require a trip to the hospital and takes multiple days to recover from their stings. Your whole leg can get paralyzed for a period of time just over a small scorpion stinging you on your foot and numbing your nerve endings as its the most dangerous scorpion on the N. American continent. I check my covers in bed every so often for bugs, since bugs and the desert go hand in hand, but usually all I find are some ginormous and disgusting cockroaches. That being said we have had Scorpions in our house before and we do everything in our power to maintain a relatively bug free house (when I say bug, that includes Arthropods and Arachnids like Scorpions).

Some of the Poke'mon's attacks are obviously inspired by their interpretations of their real life counterparts, and while I can tolerate some animals, I own a hamster afterall (very similar to a Rattata minus the tail) I don't think we need, you know 719 more species of animals on this planet all capable of doing attacks against potential human targets. I try to avoid the venemous bugs and snakes in my part of the desert as it sits now. IIRC Ash died for a period of time from getting hit by an attack from MewTwo in the original movie.

I totally agree. Pokemon can kill you. Found this on YouTube. It is terrifying xD
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh-7kEk1ceE

Back