• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
You could move the player off screen and lock the camera on the OW you want to move about and give it a movement setting of copy ing the players movements. How ever you aren't really free to do any movements. ust like you would with the player itself. It's an illusion of control
I know that may be possible because it sometimes happens as a glitch.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Extremely complicated question (I think):
How can I expand the amount of icon palettes in Pokemon Fire Red? I want to make it so that each pokemon has its own little palette so that I can truly change the icons. If I cannot do this, can someone please point me towards another way to take an actual rom (NOT Poccils essentials) and change the icon without the aid of Icon ed?

Heres a picture:
1-31-20091-19-57PM.png

Instead of editing it, I'm now asking if there is a way to expand the amount of palettes from the 3 that come in game, to more like 150.

P.S. Please answer this I really need to know so that my hack may progress!

~Des
Can someone please answer this? I really need to know!

Charizard573

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2011
Ok...heh...i feel like such a noob...

I searched for an answer to my problem and couldn't find one, so i am sorry if i overlooked a post if it had the answer

i just started hacking my fire red, and i made a coulple new maps. i inserted them (I am using Advance map) and everything was okay....except for the names. All the names of my new maps appeared as pallet town, and when i tried to change the name of one of my maps, all of my maps that i had inserted (and the original pallet town as well) changed to the new name. Any idea on what im doing wrong?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Ok...heh...i feel like such a noob...

I searched for an answer to my problem and couldn't find one, so i am sorry if i overlooked a post if it had the answer

i just started hacking my fire red, and i made a coulple new maps. i inserted them (I am using Advance map) and everything was okay....except for the names. All the names of my new maps appeared as pallet town, and when i tried to change the name of one of my maps, all of my maps that i had inserted (and the original pallet town as well) changed to the new name. Any idea on what im doing wrong?
They all use the same Name Bank (?), you have to switch it. On the right sie you rename it, on the left side you switch the Name Bank. I think those are limited.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Your problem probably results from the fact that when you put it in, you forgot to expand the memory space. By not doing so, you have actually compacted the information, which results in your problem.

So what ur saying is that there wasn't enough sapce between the offsets I repointed them to?

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
Technically it shouldn't. Try downloading Irfanview, and changing the palettes there. Then import it via unlz.gba, change the offsets necessary via FSF, and voila, you have a successful Turtwig sprite

i finnaly figured it out i wasn't putting the background color in the first pallete. thanks anyways.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
I meant what offset to see the script that sets the actual pokedex menu not just the setflag, i want to see how it gets done since I am interested in making a new menu option.

Years
Part of script not working

Can anyone tell me why the highlited part of the script is not working. Everything else works, but for some reason it just skips this movement.

#dynamic 0x6B0B29
#org @coco
msgbox @see
boxset 6
applymovement 0x09 @die
applymovement 0x07 @born
waitmovement 0x0
[S-HIGHLIGHT]applymovement 0x09 @l[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x08 @low
applymovement 0x07 @love
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x08 @luck
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x07 @back
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @come
boxset 6
release
end
#org @die
#raw 0x06
#raw 0xFE
#org @born
#raw 0x36
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x49
#raw 0xFE
#org @low
#raw 0x06
#raw 0xFE
#org @love
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x49
#raw 0xFE
#org @luck
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE
#org @back
#raw 0x36
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE
#org @see
= Helllp!!!
#org @come
= Hey you, get over here!
[S-HIGHLIGHT]
#org @l
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE
[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
hey

how do i insert backsprites in firered? i found the shiny backsprite but do i replace it with a shiny backsprite or normal backsprite?

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
How do you make pokemon battle you whether you are in grass or not like in caves pokemon can battle you wherever your standing because I'm making a factory so I can't use the other tilesets

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
No its program, and I need it to insert PMD sprites. Unless someone has another way

WAH...

How do you make pokemon battle you whether you are in grass or not like in caves pokemon can battle you wherever your standing because I'm making a factory so I can't use the other tilesets

change the behavior of the tile through A-Map.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
And how would you do that? I looked at the other cave maps and didn't see anything different.

EDIT: nevermind it's in block editor XD

Last edited:

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
Years
I've been searching hither and yon for a text editor that wasn't made by Scizz. That would heavily simplify my scripting ambitions, since none of Scizz's stuff works on my computer for some reason (can't find an offset or something).

Hence, can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back