• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Platform Discussion

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder if they will introduce Street Pass into the third game if it's on 3DS or some sort of 3D exclusively enhanced features.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
They proably will, maybe it'll have something to do with the Extralink, in BW they say that it used to be bigger in the past...so maybe they will reference this by adding new stuff in it using the streetpass feature if it's on the 3DS.

Though I wonder if GF will still make the sprites 2D despite making the game on the 3DS due to them being attached to sprites...

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I'm honestly not sure if I'm happy about 2 new games or annoyed. I love getting third versions, but is two "third versions" really necessary? I hope there's some major differences this time around then! The new formes do look fantastic though, really liking them.

Oh shoot, seems I may have posted in the wrong topic. Whoops.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
When you choose to develop for the DS? You cut off any 3DS features you'd ever want to use.

It's for the DS. No StreetPass. No SpotPass. Maybe you'll be able to hang on to that 802.11g and WPA2 support, though.

The release on the DS, and the movie release date, suggests a quick cash-in on the next movie, but I doubt GameFreak aren't developing a 3DS game simultaneously. Obviously, this game isn't the 3DS game they would have in store.
Yeah...and the date could also be a quick way to finish off gen V or at least the Unova part of the generation on the ds and start the remakes or gen VI on the 3ds...

Years
I heard somewhere it would be compatible with all DS models and 3DS, what a relief for someone who hasn't got a 3DS yet.

Bluemoon

Bluemoon
Years
txt_sml_3ds.png

This is on the bottom of the official website so it MAY be for the 3DS

I am actually someon who is studying the Japanese language and i tried to translate this and here is what i got:

"Should be played on Nintendo 3ds."

ニンテンドー3ds = nintendo 3ds
遊=play
べ=should
でま=on

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I am actually someon who is studying the Japanese language and i tried to translate this and here is what i got:

"Should be played on Nintendo 3ds."

ニンテンドー3ds = nintendo 3ds
遊=play
べ=should
でま=on

Which would suggest that it has 3DS enhancements.

It says on that same website, in the video itself that it is for the DS. But that implies there are 3DS enhancements. Yay~

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I don't know, I read from many sources that say its going to be on the DS, I really hope that its on the DS because I don't want to spend a few 100 bucks just on a 3DS.

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I don't know, I read from many sources that say its going to be on the DS, I really hope that its on the DS because I don't want to spend a few 100 bucks just on a 3DS.

It IS on the DS. It's just 3DS compatible like every single other DS game.

BIG PROOF BELOW
Spoiler:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I wasn't surprised that it was going to be for Nintendo DS, as I assumed it was going to be Pokémon Gray, turned out to be two sequels to Black/White. Now I wish it was a 3DS exclusive, 'cause they could've used 3D models, but I assume that will be left for generation 6, more than likely.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
Years
I would have rathered it be a 3DS exclusive. Sure it's "3ds compatible" but compatibilty with a next gen console and actually being FOR a next gen console are two completely different things. It'll be awfully hard to do all these amazing thing Nintendo has promised on a DSi.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
The reason that they are for the DS and not 3DS is because Black and White were already pretty far in development when Gamefreak received the 3DS Dev kit used to make games for the 3DS.

Sure, they could have made B2/W2 completely from scratch, but that probably would have added at least a year onto the release date for very minor differences.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
Pokemon Black and White 2 for 3DS?

I was looking at the Pokemon Black and White 2 official website and I stumbled across something peculiar. I was looking at the bottom and I saw one number and two letters in the English language, 3DS. Does this mean that Pokemon Black and White 2 are coming out for the 3DS?

There's a screenshot in the attachments taken from the website.
Also, Here's the link to the official website. Go to the bottom of the page and look at the right corner:http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-02-26 at 5.27.46 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-02-26 at 5.27.46 PM.png
    8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was looking at the Pokemon Black and White 2 official website and I stumbled across something peculiar. I was looking at the bottom and I saw one number and two letters in the English language, 3DS. Does this mean that Pokemon Black and White 2 are coming out for the 3DS?

There's a screenshot in the attachments taken from the website.
Also, Here's the link to the official website. Go to the bottom of the page and look at the right corner:http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/

Well people are saying it officially isn't (afaik I think that's right) so I merged with Platform Discussion so you can discuss how you feel about it.

Back