The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

View Poll Results: Your favorite
Zapdos 83 41.71%
Moltres 29 14.57%
Articuno 87 43.72%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 11th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Mesmerella
Preschooler

Nature: Quirky
My favorite was Articuno... Mainly because I really loved its cry. XD I had an Articuno that I used frequently in battle, though, it was mostly an overglorified Fly slave... I remember trading it over to Hoenn to enter it in a beauty contest, then getting mad that it didn't instantly win because DUH, Articuno is the most beautiful Pokemon ever, it SHOULD win. XDD
Old March 3rd, 2014, 03:26 PM
ItWasABadDream
Born in the year 1989

cartiuno is the best because it was so easy to beat Lance with him! derpppp

24/m/Erie,PA,USA
Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:42 PM
ShadowGreninja
-Pokemon ROM Hacker-

Nature: Adamant
I, of course, prefer the combination of all generation 1 flying type Pokemon as depicted below

Current Challenges:
The RPG Classes Challenge - Platinum:0/8Random Pokemon Challenge - Leafgreen: 0/8Nuzlocke - Ultimate: 0/40 Randomizer Nuzlocke - Emerald: 0/8The Divergent Challenge - Platinum: 1/8 The Character Challenge - White: 0/8Ultimate Solo Challenge - Dragonair: 0/8 The Pair Challenge - SoulSilver: 0/8 The Time-Warp Challenge - SoulSilver: 0/8 The Baton Pass Challenge - LeafGreen 2/8 Delta Species Challenge - Sapphire: 1/8 The Size Challenge (Light) - LeafGreen: 0/8The Baton Pass Challenge - Gold: 2/8The Egg Group Challenge (Bug) - Black: 0/8The Deck of Cards Challenge - Gold: 0/8The Egglocke Challenge - HeartGold: 0/8

Leader of ROM Hacking Group - Team Eon
Old March 3rd, 2014, 05:55 PM
Not So Grump
Even Demons Know!

Nature: Modest
Though Moltres was my first caught, my Fav is between Zapdos and Articuno. I just cant decide!
Old March 5th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Jmacc

Zapados! It was my favorite and ultimate electric pokemon in the game!
Old March 6th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Shhmew

Nature: Gentle
I've always been kind of disappointed with Moltres, even though I do love fire types it just kind of looks like a big chicken on fire. :c

I've always LOVED Articuno, I remember watching the second pokemon movie and just marveled at how beautiful and elegant it was.

Zapdos is really cool, too.

But my favorite overall has to be Articuno. ^__^
Old March 8th, 2014, 02:26 AM
Jehowi
Your Master Superior

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jehowi
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Consumer View Post
My favourite is Moltres. First and foremost, I like the name Moltres. I'm no etymologist but I'm pretty sure the name derives from "molton" and "très" (French) which makes "very hot". Moltres is a very hot bird and I like hot birds.
Actually it derives from the spanish word for three. ArticUNO, ZapDOS, MolTRES. Uno, dos, Tres.
Old March 8th, 2014, 05:55 AM
sicnarf913
Dat Tongue Scarf tho...

Nature: Hasty
I'd pick Zapdos because I love electric types back then, also because of it's design.

I kinda feel bad about Moltres not getting so much love, I love moltres in mystery dungeon red rescue team, he was awesome, and that's the only boss fight that I haven't restarted once!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 10th, 2014, 10:14 AM
11jphillipps

i like articuno because it can use calm mind and sheer cold, one of my favorite attack combination
Old March 12th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Sword Wolf

I really like all of the 3, but the one that I like the most would be zapdos. I guess it would be because it is weak to only 2 types and I like it's design.
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:29 AM
MadKing
The only verdict is Vengeance.

Nature: Modest
In the first gen my favorite was Articuno, but after the second gen Zapdos became my favorite of the trio. I don't know, it looks more imponent thant the other two I guess.
Pokémon Blaze Black 2 Egglocke: Complete
Pokémon Emerald Nuzlocke Randomizer: 5/8
Pokémon Sacred Gold Full Team Challenge: 8/16

Old March 12th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Atwilko

Zapdos was the one i caught in my red version so its my favorite, but i like all three of them
Old March 12th, 2014, 02:19 PM
jpnm92

Nature: Timid
Between the three of them i don't think any of them are awesome. They always seemed normal pokemon to me. Anyway i caught Articuno and between the three of them that's my favorite.

In terms of legendaries gen 2 was the top for me so many cool legendaries (I like pokemon until 3rd gen).
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 01:41 PM
Ninja Surskit
Big Daddy

Nature: Hasty
I don't like using legendaires, but if there's one that I like the most its Zapdos! It looks really cool, like bomb diggity cool
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 02:37 PM
xxReshiramxx

Nature: Gentle
I like all three of the legendary birds but Articuno is my favorite because it is so beautiful and has a very calming cry.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 05:29 PM
SourySam

Articuno dont know why but he is appealing
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 10:49 AM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
I usually don't catch either of them since I usually only do challenges on games - but when I go and want to catch them all I catch them all- My favourite one is Articuno though - maybe because I like it's typing and movepool the most or maybe it's just because of it's design.. I don't really know- Maybe it's also because he is blue (my favourite color).

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old 1 Week Ago, 01:19 PM
boomc

I liked Moltres more because I got a shiny one
Old 1 Week Ago, 07:29 PM
Sage Ghetsis
Necrum Warrior

Nature: Adamant
Articuno all the way for me! Zapdos is certainly the coolest of the bunch, but Articuno was simply beautiful. If there's one thing I can appreciate it's a beautifully designed Pokemon. Moltres seemed a tad bit lazy though. I felt like they could have done so much more with it. I'm really glad we got another fire bird in Ho-Oh to make up for it.
Old 1 Week Ago, 06:02 AM
Crackle
A Rite of Passage

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Crackle
Mine would have to be Zapdos, because i'm the kind that likes cool designed Pokémon, and it has some good use in-game, even if it gets totally walled by most Ground-types.

Articuno does take hits extremely well though (except Rock), and STAB Ice Beam is nice so he's #2 of the three for me.
Masuda Method #1 - Shiny Noibat, 2/12/14, 174 eggs
Credit to Lilith for the avatar!
Old 3 Days Ago, 01:15 PM
vanished814

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Consumer View Post
My favourite is Moltres. First and foremost, I like the name Moltres. I'm no etymologist but I'm pretty sure the name derives from "molton" and "très" (French) which makes "very hot". Moltres is a very hot bird and I like hot birds.
I have a 94 Firebird, and I just requested a MOLTRES personalized license plate, in 8-10 weeks it will be on my car <3
Old 3 Days Ago, 01:40 PM
O'aka XXIII
Merchant Extraordinaire

Nature: Naughty
i try to catch all 3 because I want to get as close to a complete pokedex as possible, but the one I use most is Zapdos. Zapdos is not only the coolest one but it has the most uses.

Old 3 Days Ago, 02:30 PM
Couriway
leaping through the woods

Nature: Jolly
I did catch all of them in FR/LG, and HG/SS. But my favorite would definitely have to be Articuno. I mean, just that thing.... it looks marvelous! Especially in Emerald and FR/LG, haha. And because it was Ice/Flying meant it could knock out most Dragon-Types ;; and in one hit because it's a legendary :)

Moltres also was my second favorite, quite close. The flames coming of its body look amazing! I really like his Pokédex entry too. It mentions something about like wherever it flies it sets ablaze. Now srsly, how awesome would that be~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links