• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Lol, of course it connects through the router. Why would it connect though the Wii? DS WiFi came out like a year before the Wii did...
Part of what made me wonder if the Wii was involved was because recently I tried to battle with a friend over Wi-Fi (he lives far away from me) and we got an error and couldn't battle no matter how many times we tried (we could see each other's characters in the room but couldn't connect when we tried battling). I looked up the error code and found this page that corresponds with it. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=86420&system=Wii&locale=en_US
Notice "DS" is in the URL and it seems to discuss it for DS, but it talks about setting up a Wi-Fi connection with the Wii. I'm still confused about this.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Part of what made me wonder if the Wii was involved was because recently I tried to battle with a friend over Wi-Fi (he lives far away from me) and we got an error and couldn't battle no matter how many times we tried (we could see each other's characters in the room but couldn't connect when we tried battling). I looked up the error code and found this page that corresponds with it. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=86420&system=Wii&locale=en_US
Notice "DS" is in the URL and it seems to discuss it for DS, but it talks about setting up a Wi-Fi connection with the Wii. I'm still confused about this.

You misunderstood, that error code also occurs on the Wii. Try this page: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=86420&system=ds&locale=en_US

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Part of what made me wonder if the Wii was involved was because recently I tried to battle with a friend over Wi-Fi (he lives far away from me) and we got an error and couldn't battle no matter how many times we tried (we could see each other's characters in the room but couldn't connect when we tried battling).

That's just an annoying Black and White WiFi quirk. It happens to me all the time when I try to trade around here. To fix it, just have both players exit and reenter the WiFi room. You may have to do this multiple times for it to work, but I've had about a 90% success rate with it.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
what is unity tower? is it similar to the battle tower? also is it located in nova, if so where and how do i get to it?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Unity Tower is an island off the coast of Unova. It is accessible from the Castelia City piers after registering yourself on the GeoNet (the globe in the Pokemon Center) and trading with a player from another country. In the Unity Tower, there are 130 floors that house up to 20 players (5 players max per floor) that you have traded with, but aren't in your region. It is mainly there for flavor.

If you wanted something similar to the Battle Tower, there is the Battle Subway in Nimbasa City.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
RNG HELP IN POKEMON BLACK

Hi all! I must admit my question is not an easy one as it has to do with the RNG. I sifted through heaps of "guides" and downloaded countless programs for hours upon hours today and it really just still seems to be in a different language to me. So I ask, could somebody out there please do the legwork for me and determine the simplified steps I need to take to create a flawless timid larvesta from my two flawless parents?

If you more experienced players feel up to the challenge PM me, I will give you any and all information you require via this venue.

You will be rewarded upon succesful completion with: [A level 100 EV'ed Tornadus with Pokerus], [A level 43 Adamant Perfect IV Ditto with Pokerus], and [A level 77 Sassy EV'ed ferrothorn with stealth rock, leech seed, and Pokerus].

The reward is negotiable, if you want anything more just let me know!
(I apologize in advance if there is a better thread to put this message into, please let me know which one it could be)

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Hi all! I must admit my question is not an easy one as it has to do with the RNG. I sifted through heaps of "guides" and downloaded countless programs for hours upon hours today and it really just still seems to be in a different language to me. So I ask, could somebody out there please do the legwork for me and determine the simplified steps I need to take to create a flawless timid larvesta from my two flawless parents?

If you more experienced players feel up to the challenge PM me, I will give you any and all information you require via this venue.

You will be rewarded upon succesful completion with: [A level 100 EV'ed Tornadus with Pokerus], [A level 43 Adamant Perfect IV Ditto with Pokerus], and [A level 77 Sassy EV'ed ferrothorn with stealth rock, leech seed, and Pokerus].

The reward is negotiable, if you want anything more just let me know!
(I apologize in advance if there is a better thread to put this message into, please let me know which one it could be)

Do you know what your Parameters are? Do you have the latest version of the RNG reporter? Do you want the Larvesta to be shiny? If you don't have your parameters, go to my guide in the FAQ and follow the steps to finding your parameters. If you want it to be shiny, find your SID (using pokecheck, or an AR), and follow the rest of my guide (make sure that both of your parents are indeed flawless, using pokecheck or an AR). If you don't want it shiny, PM/VM me once you find your parameters.

zlip

______
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
Save Glitch

This has happened to me multiple time when playing Pokemon White. I usually save two or three times before turning my DS off, but every so often it'll be like I didn't save and I start in a random place near where I last saved! This is espesically annoying after training pokemon for a few levels. My friends also say this happens to them but it seems not as much as me.

Has this happened to anyone else and how can you avoid it?

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2011
Hi, I've looked around everywhere for a simple answer but I can't find it.

If I wanted to max out the National Dex in Black/White, and I had 2 DSs, and couldn't trade with anyone else but myself, what are the minimum games I would need? Multiple playthroughs are fine if needed. Thanks!

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Hi, I've looked around everywhere for a simple answer but I can't find it.

If I wanted to max out the National Dex in Black/White, and I had 2 DSs, and couldn't trade with anyone else but myself, what are the minimum games I would need? Multiple playthroughs are fine if needed. Thanks!

If you have access to Wi-Fi, than you only need one game (due to online trading). I'd still recommend getting a copy of HG or SS as well as Platinum to make the process go faster.

If you don't, then you pretty much need ALL of the DS games as well as Emerald.

Years

Moving this to Quick Questions...

But yes, you need a router which can give you wireless wifi, and depending on what DS you have (Lite, Original) you can only access any of Nintendo's wifi with WEP encryption, however if you have a DSi or 3DS, then you can access via WPA encryption, so it just depends on what type of DS you have and whether you use a router or not. As for loading issues, you'll probably need to try Google Chrome, as it tends to have less issues with loading than browsers such as Firefox.

One more "quick question", haha. I don't have anything like that, and after phoning a couple local stores, came up with nothing of the like. Would I be able to use my friend's router at his house, or can routers only work with one individual DS?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
One more "quick question", haha. I don't have anything like that, and after phoning a couple local stores, came up with nothing of the like. Would I be able to use my friend's router at his house, or can routers only work with one individual DS?

You can connect to any router as long as the security allows it. There are no restrictions except for the amount of connections on your DS, and even then you can remove a connection and set it up again once you need it.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

You can connect to any router as long as the security allows it. There are no restrictions except for the amount of connections on your DS, and even then you can remove a connection and set it up again once you need it.

Right. NDS and NDS games are compatible with WEP and DSi / 3DS are compatible with WPA...
In other words, you need to use WEP to play NDS games online even if on a DSi / 3DS.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Right, but Black and White are DSi Enhanced games, so if you are using them on a DSi, DSi XL, or 3DS, you can use WPA and WPA2 security settings with them, as well as a few other features.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
This might be a dumb or obvious question, but I'm not sure and that's what this thread is for. I know about breeding Hidden Abilities, and a little about breeding mechanics overall, but I don't understand one thing. Take the Pokémon Chandelure. I read everywhere that the best ability it can have is Shadow Tag. Shadow Tag is a hidden ability, so how are you supposed to get a Chandelure with ST? You can't catch it in DW so you'll have to breed ST on it, but that's impossible since for a Hidden Ability to pass on, the mother needs to have it, but the offspring will also be of the mother's species, so I am a bit confused as to how you can have a Chandelure with ST. I hope someone can clarify this a bit for me.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
@ yoshikkko

no 5th gen pokemon have been released in DW so they cannot have their hidden ability.
so, a chandelure with the shadow tag ability cannot exist yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back