The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old December 10th, 2013, 05:27 AM
RimasLT
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
Sorry for telling a truth but your fakemons looks like painted by 4 year old child Sorry

But your maps looks good +

Old December 10th, 2013, 08:50 AM
reshilegend
Spriting and stuff

Nature: Calm
Answering instead of Papaya, hope yall don't mind :3
Thanks for the feedback so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDChaser View Post
I can do some base spriting, so pretty much, I'll sprite, put it on here, then let some one finish it off with proper programs, since all I have is paint.
If that's okay with you.
Thanks, that's more than welcome, can you tell us what sprites you can do exactly? We're especially in need of OW and trainer sprites, but anything is appreciated. Oh and Paint is pretty much all you need for a good sprite, so no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasLT View Post
Sorry for telling a truth but your fakemons looks like painted by 4 year old child Sorry

But your maps looks good +
Ehh.. Maybe you want to specify which ones look bad? The only Fakemon you should really care about are the sprites though, the concept art is pretty much just a rough sketch until we start spriting. I mean, you'll only see sprites in the game, not any artwork, lol.

Thanks, I guess. My mapping isn't super amazing, but I'm working on improving it.

- Help with the hack
- dA page
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:00 AM
CDChaser
Dream Chaser

Nature: Timid
I can do most sprites with a bit of practice probably, yeah, I can definitely do OW sprites, maybe some trainer sprites.

Credit to xVaporeon for userbar

Ongoing Challenges:
Pearl: The Pair Challenge: 1/8
Emerald: The RPG Classes Challenge - Shape Shifter: 2/8
Black 2: The Divergent Challenge - Dauntless: 1/8
Y: The Trio Nature Challenge - Barn Yard: 1/8
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:40 AM
reshilegend
Spriting and stuff

Okay then, I'll send you a PM
Thanks for helping us out.

- Help with the hack
- dA page
Old March 3rd, 2014, 07:22 PM
papayaperson
Intermediate Hackker

Nature: Relaxed
Update!
We know it's been a while since we gave you all an update, but here we are, with a big one! First, we have the starters ready to be revealed!

The sprites may change slightly prior to the first release but these are your choices at the start of the game Salaqua has been released before, but the other (currently unnamed) starters are finally here! No fancy artwork for them (not like we're very good at it anyways). Our first release is going to have 2-3 gyms, and 4-6 towns included, and it should be ready by the end of this year if we find scripters!! WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF A SCRIPTER THAT STAYS ON THE TEAM. So, here are some screens from the first 2 towns and routes:

That's really it for now! Really really need a scripter, so please, anyone who can dedicate some time to scipting for us would be appreciated
More screens to come soon!
Old March 4th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
This looks awesome. Love the fakemon and looking forward to seeing more from this hack.

Old March 4th, 2014, 07:03 AM
reshilegend
Spriting and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
More screens to come soon!
In fact, now.

1. End of Route 2, the gate will probably be replaced with a forest entrance
2. Gloomy Forest
3. Lowlite Town (testing a sparkling water animation)
4. Shinygrove City gym. Guess the type
5. An unnamed town in the mountains.
6. Route 3

Again, sorry for the lack of updates. We're having really, really bad luck with our scripters (basically no one stayed at the team) so we were focussing on maps and sprites.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy these screenshots!

- Help with the hack
- dA page
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:18 AM
reshilegend
Spriting and stuff

New male protagonist OW sprite and water animations. (Yes, the looping of the gif is bad, sorry for that)

- Help with the hack
- dA page
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 01:08 PM
Trainer VyNk
Háçk Húñtèr

Nature: Careful
Hey papayaperson, by ScreenShots your hacks look Great..

your mapping and choice of tileset is amazing, though I didn't liked the idea of Fake-New-Starters but its not much against your mapping, I wish your hacks will get HotY's
but remember to release alphas or it'll be considered as "Not worked on" anyway, take your time and publish your hacks a lot by posting mini updates so more people would aknowledge it..

Happy Hacking!

"Sorry for the mistakes in my posts, I just have a Tablet to attend my beloved PokeCommunity."
>>>About My Disease HemoPhillia<<<
Toughest Fire-Type Pokemon Discussion.
Below are some new hacks, Please Support!
(Click on titles to open)

Pokemon Platinum RED & BLUE versions
Pokemon Mirage of tales: A new Age dawns
1MB Sub-Circuit (Solution)-> (New!)--->Click HERE.
ROM Patching Tutorial For Android & IOS->Click Here
ROM Patching Tutorial For Windows->Click Here
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 02:09 AM
jan2prado
Waiting...

I love those maps and tiles.. but you're fakemon could use a little bit of shading and smoothing.. I'm not a spriter or anything I'm just giving you ideas.. =)
BECAUSE
LOVE HAS NO BOUNDARIES

Hack(s) I support:

Old 3 Weeks Ago, 09:46 AM
Swift Weavile

I like the tiles...not to huge on the Fakemon though...but i will be watching this hack.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 02:42 PM
reshilegend
Spriting and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Trainer_VyNk^ View Post
Hey papayaperson, by ScreenShots your hacks look Great..

your mapping and choice of tileset is amazing, though I didn't liked the idea of Fake-New-Starters but its not much against your mapping, I wish your hacks will get HotY's
but remember to release alphas or it'll be considered as "Not worked on" anyway, take your time and publish your hacks a lot by posting mini updates so more people would aknowledge it..

Happy Hacking!
You know, the Fakemon starters might not appeal to absolutely everyone, but they keep things fresh and make the hack more...unique one might say? If you don't like Fakemon, there's always the option of playing with original, Gamefreak mons caught in the wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan2prado View Post
I love those maps and tiles.. but you're fakemon could use a little bit of shading and smoothing.. I'm not a spriter or anything I'm just giving you ideas.. =)
I'll see what I can do regarding Fakemon polishing, but first I need to actually sprite some new ones and complete some backsprites so that the dex gets filled. Thanks for the feedback though, we appreciate that :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Weavile View Post
I like the tiles...not to huge on the Fakemon though...but i will be watching this hack.
Glad you like the tiles! As for Fakemon, see above.

Anyways, keeping you guys updated: Currently Papaya is working on scripts, and I took some WIP screenshots from Route 4 before sending him the rom back.

As you can see, walking frames of the OWs are implemented (with a fancy shadow and all that). Running frames are still missing but it surely won't take that long to make those
Route 4 connects the (currently nameless) mountain town and the first beach area in the game. Gonna showcase some of that scenery soon!

- Help with the hack
- dA page
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 03:32 AM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Good luck on this one guys! I can't wait to see a beta, along with all of those goody Fakemons you guys have been posting. I will definitely keep my eyes on this one.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 06:31 AM
RagingThunder555

Nature: Lonely
Good luck on completing this hack!Will totally play the beta!
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 08:33 AM
Khern Yih Jun

Looking forward to play this game. Keep up the good work
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 12:48 AM
Syneon
Banned

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Syneon
Hmm... The tiles look alright, Story sounds okay, and scripts I have not seen so I cannot say much but where I come from A hack is based off these three things: Graphics,Story,Scripts. Anyways mapping is good, hope to see scripts soon
Old 1 Week Ago, 09:18 AM
reshilegend
Spriting and stuff

Dunno what to say, it's a beach. Still work in progress
Also, we need someone that can help with creative Fakemon names, I'm not really good at such things. Message me if interested.

- Help with the hack
- dA page
Old 1 Week Ago, 10:07 AM
Smeargle
Keep it Artsy :)

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Smeargle
Quote:
Originally Posted by reshilegend View Post

Dunno what to say, it's a beach. Still work in progress
Also, we need someone that can help with creative Fakemon names, I'm not really good at such things. Message me if interested.
Love the way you made the water, sand seems a bit repetitive though.
Very inspirational overall, have you done all the sprite work?

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

- Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 1 Week Ago, 04:33 AM
reshilegend
Spriting and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeargle View Post
Love the way you made the water, sand seems a bit repetitive though.
Very inspirational overall, have you done all the sprite work?
I'll add some more details for the sand (shells, dunes/hills etc.) soon, but yeah I can see it being repetitive at the moment. It's WIP after all
And yep, I implemented everything that has to do with the visuals. The overworld/Fakemon sprites are made by me, the tiles are made by others.

- Help with the hack
- dA page
Old 1 Week Ago, 03:42 PM
Smeargle
Keep it Artsy :)

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Smeargle
Quote:
Originally Posted by reshilegend View Post
I'll add some more details for the sand (shells, dunes/hills etc.) soon, but yeah I can see it being repetitive at the moment. It's WIP after all
And yep, I implemented everything that has to do with the visuals. The overworld/Fakemon sprites are made by me, the tiles are made by others.
Well keep up the beautiful work on those maps and tiles!
I don't usually play fakemon games but I will certainly give this one a try.

Only thing other than that that I might comment on is that the fakemon do need slight touchups.
But I am sure you will get all of this finished before you release the game

Best of luck,
-smeargle

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

- Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 1 Week Ago, 05:03 AM
wilsonzyx

the mapping is really gorgeous!!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links