• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I was a little disappointed when Claire Danes won because even though she's fantastic in Homeland, I can't help but feel people just vote for that show because it's new and therefore it's trendy to vote for that show. The older shows get nominees that rarely get any love because everybody's always so focused on the new kid on the block.

Thrilled with Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway and Bryan Cranston. All of them more than deserve what they get for those roles.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I was a little disappointed when Claire Danes won because even though she's fantastic in Homeland, I can't help but feel people just vote for that show because it's new and therefore it's trendy to vote for that show. The older shows get nominees that rarely get any love because everybody's always so focused on the new kid on the block.

Thrilled with Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway and Bryan Cranston. All of them more than deserve what they get for those roles.

That's why I'm happy Damian Lewis -didn't- win (Cranston winning makes it a win-win for me). Homeland's a good show but Season 2 was all sorts of "What? Why?" moments and it doesn't deserve another sweep like it got for Season 1.

Homeland's the new "It". Mad Men is shelved. :(

Also I prefer Cranston over anyone else. :D

Speaking of Breaking Bad... Guys. Guys. Jane Kaczmarek to make an appearance on Breaking Bad!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
LOIS AND HAL REUNION YES! If only Frankie Muniz could come back to acting from racecar driving or drumming or whatever on earth he's doing now...

Years
Wait. There's another awards show that isn't the Oscars? Geez. Patting yourselves on the back a little much there, Hollywood.

Rest

Years
gihmPK2.png

Yep. There's not much else to say.

Rest

Years
LOIS AND HAL REUNION YES! If only Frankie Muniz could come back to acting from racecar driving or drumming or whatever on earth he's doing now...

I'm secretly hoping Breaking Bad derails and turns into a Malcolm in the Middle prequel. :x

The PokeCommunity Film Critic's Society.

Can we go back in time to 2008 and give Angelina Jolie our award forBest Actress that Kate Winslet stole that year?

And give no awards to Slumdog Millionaire?

I can't believe Kate Winslet justified her Oscar win 5 years later with... Movie 43.

Years
The PokeCommunity Film Critic's Society.

Can we go back in time to 2008 and give Angelina Jolie our award forBest Actress that Kate Winslet stole that year?

And give no awards to Slumdog Millionaire?
I would give a bunch of the awards for Milk that year. True, that's the only movie of the ones nominated for best picture that I saw, but it seemed like a bland year for movies on the whole so I'm probably not wrong in thinking it's the best of the bunch.

Actually, no. Give Wall-E all the awards. That really was the best thing that year.

Rest

Years
I would give a bunch of the awards for Milk that year. True, that's the only movie of the ones nominated for best picture that I saw, but it seemed like a bland year for movies on the whole so I'm probably not wrong in thinking it's the best of the bunch.

Actually, no. Give Wall-E all the awards. That really was the best thing that year.

I loved WALL-E and Tropic Thunder, but the best film from that year was, truly,

in-bruges-poster1.jpg

Colin Farrell was so bloody fantastic in this.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yep. There's not much else to say.
It's because of hugh jackman. It doesn't matter that I'm not a young hormonal teenager anymore; some parts of me just dance and tickle whenever I look at that man. Dat. Man. can i has babies

Also, Slumdog Millionaire is a fantastic movie :> And book.​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Who knew there were so many film critics societies?

And what is a film critic society anyway? I feel like I have one with my friends whenever we see a movie together. Wait, idea! PC should have one as well.
They're literally just lots of critics in a city/metropolitan area that meet once a year to vote on awards. When they were first thought up of (I think the New York Film Critics Circle was the first in 1935), I guess it was just easier to invite critics from the area, as opposed to nationwide. Hence lots and lots and lots of critics societies that now vote on random stuff and have every award analysed by the Oscar blogosphere.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I didn't like Tropic Thunder when it came out, but when I watch it again sometimes, it's a lot better than I originally thought. Not my favorite movie, though, or anywhere near it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Tropic Thunder... is that the one with Ben Stiller and Jack Black as movie stars and it turns out the movie setting is a real war zone that they have to make it through? If so my feelings are pretty much the same, it's not a great movie by any stretch but it's one which is definitely good enough for watching in bed when you're too lazy to change the channel. XD

Rest

Years
Tropic Thunder... is that the one with Ben Stiller and Jack Black as movie stars and it turns out the movie setting is a real war zone that they have to make it through? If so my feelings are pretty much the same, it's not a great movie by any stretch but it's one which is definitely good enough for watching in bed when you're too lazy to change the channel. XD

But guys... how can you not like that Alpa Chino bit at the start?

I'd type up a couple lines but it'd be too risqué. u_u

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think the problem with Tropic Thunder for me, even never having seen it, is that it's one of those movies that's so quotable that people begin to abuse the privilege.

If I ever hear somebody say "never go full retard" or "what do you mean 'you people'" one more time I might invent a time machine, go back and kill whoever wrote the script so that I could stop the movie being made.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Never heard of it! What kind of show/movie/album/etc is it?
It's a new reality competition show on TBS that pits the nerdiest of nerds against each other in the nerdiest of challenges. It's actually a pretty nice show because if you yourself are a fan of things comic-related (or things like King of Thrones) there are a lot of references of such that can be enjoyed. I'm terrible at describing things but it's a cool show regardless. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back