• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
No problem! I applied because Team Recruitment thread, you have Spriter underneath the heading "Positions Needed". You should really update that when you get the chance.

Also, in the screens showing your party, why is Pikachu's pokeball a different color even when the mouse isn't on it? It doesn't look like it's first in the party, either.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
No problem! I applied because Team Recruitment thread, you have Spriter underneath the heading "Positions Needed". You should really update that when you get the chance.

Also, in the screens showing your party, why is Pikachu's pokeball a different color even when the mouse isn't on it? It doesn't look like it's first in the party, either.

When controlling with the arrow keys, depends which one you select highlights. I'm acctually working on it. I want to remove any use of the buttons during that screen, so the player can move freely while looking at the menu. So don't worry about the color changes for now.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Damn, it's a shame to see my comments about the random snow fell on deaf ears.
Please sort that out. It really is a shame to see you didn't listen to what the people posting here are saying and adjust your game. It's nice to have your own vision but feedback on these forums is what they are here for really. So you can get peoples opinions right...

Cool to see you implementing more mouse control across the board- but you still need to sort out the graphics. The pokeballs still have artifacts on the image at the edges.

The summary screen is great now. Nice style and nice colors to fit the style- don't change it from what you have now.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Thanks...I guess I'll remove the snow if the public is not to keen on it. I've added the snow to break up a rather dull consistency. I'm not too keen on it being always the same look. So I have added snow patches. Like always the graphics are improving throughout the development of the game. If I make or find better ones I'll use them. I'll fix up any of the bad sprites, but am more conserned with the functionality and the gameplay rather than small graphical details.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Simple things like adding in a different color flower- a tree that stands on it's own - more then one type of path along the grass. Those are what break up maps but still keep them feeling right.
Then there is always other objects like a bike rack or other stuff like a fence (along those lines).

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Oh when i saw those pokeballs behind the pokemon n saw the blue pokeball i thought it was because u caught the pikachu with a great ball but now i find out its just highlighting =/ anyways the snow kinda made the feel of kanto a lil bit different but i wouldnt mind if it was still there. I was also wonder in the pokemon summary will thee name and type be centred in the round box? because a looks a little out of place if its not.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I haven't thought of that yet. For now it only loads the color of it's first type.
so their aren't going to be a flying color, because flying is always the second type accept for arceus with the flying plate.

but your summary screen really looks awsome, i can't wait for the next update.
Once this is finished, this would be a game that can be considerd a true pokemon game

Years
Hey Luka.

Because I was bored, thought you'd like it, and I'm trying to become a spriter for Neo, I thought it'd be good to try to improve the Pokéball:

PokemonSelectBall.png
PokemonSelectFull.png

What do you think?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
That is much better looking. The art work is fine (nice shading, which is hard to get right), I just don't think it works with the pokemon on it though. I can barely make out what Pokémon it is. Maybe have some sort of semi transparent white backing behind the pokemon so it's pixels stand out from the pokeball.

Years
You mean something like this?

PokemonSelectFull2.png

EDIT:

How about different balls being represented?

PokemonSelectGreat.png
PokemonSelectUltra.png

Last edited:

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Hey Luka, I can help you a little bit with something. You helped me on the pokémon selection screen, and consider this as a payback(is it correct? i mean, in exchange for your help):

pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textpos)
type1rect=Rect.new(0,pokemon.type1*28,64,28)
type2rect=Rect.new(0,pokemon.type2*28,64,28)
overlay.blt(396,128,@typebitmap,type1rect) if pokemon.type1==pokemon.type2
overlay.blt(362,128,@typebitmap,type1rect) if pokemon.type1!=pokemon.type2
overlay.blt(434,128,@typebitmap,type2rect) if pokemon.type1!=pokemon.type2

Those lines are for showing the types graphics centered, is the pokémon has 1 type, it shows the picture at certain position, and if it has 2 types, the type1 picture is moved a little bit to the left in order to allow the type2 picture to be shown.

BTW: Change the cordinates, those are for my game, it has DS resolution. I think you already know where those line go...

And... I liked the snow on your maps, but no so random as it was, just saying.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
@Fraot: Thanks, but I've already sorted that out by myself.

@Neo-Dragon: It is really cool and I love the Idea of the ball it is caught in behind it.

@NikNaks: I love your sprites and thanks for contributing to this. I wouldn't be able to do it without you.

As for the Summary, I know how I'll sort out the two types so here are two screenshots.
capture010.png
capture009.png

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
i like the selection screen but, I don't like how the icons at the top are spread out. I think they all should be next to each other. But, that's your choice.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
i like the selection screen but, I don't like how the icons at the top are spread out. I think they all should be next to each other. But, that's your choice.

At the beginning I had them all next to each other but it didn't look so good. So I spread them appart.

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
wait are there going to be contests in this game? Because i see no contest moves page.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Nah...I don't think I'll be implementing the contests in. Maybe when I'm finished and have nothing better to do, but for now no.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
You and your team's work on this project is astounding. And, I noticed people before saying the sprites looked wierd. What I say to that is so what? You've put a lot of work into this, and I believe that you're hard work has payed of well. I love the looks of the towns. Especially Pallet, and Kyogre's "Lair"
One thing I noticed though, on the OT in the newest screenshots, it is a tad bit difficult to see the OT's name. It might just be my computer's monitor though.
Thank you so much for sharing this project, and I can't wait to see more from you. <3

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I'm maybe not the first who says this but the 'pokemon info' should have placed something lower.
Or was that happened when taking a print screen of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back