• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Zel ,that was great what you did so far. But if someone does a remake of Pokemon crystal what about Suicune in the Tin Towers.

Last edited:

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
Years
zel, keep up the awesome work and i see you are hispanic aswell... if your having trouble just PM me

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
With every new post, Zel's showing us something more amazing than the last. Wish I had his talent and determination. :)

As always I'm impressed with how this is turning out. It looks stunning. Can't wait for the next beta.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Nice screenshots. Is that a Lapras sprite the hero is ridding on? Looks cool, did you make it yourself? Does it only look like that if you're on a Lapras? Or is it how all surfing pokemon look in the game?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Thanks for your comments, it's always nice to hear them!

The way to trigger the running legendarys was when you get the national pokedex in fire red,what you could do is look at the script that triggers them to appear and play with a bit so that they are triggered when first meet thier overworld sprites.

OK, will search it. Probably there should be some place where a certain variable used to know which starter you pick is used for a pair of "if" commands. I hope to find it. But... Where did you get the national pokedex? (Don't remember... Was it in an island, or from Oak?)

Zel ,that was great what you did so far. But if someone does a remake of Pokemon crystal what about Suicune in the Tin Towers.

"If someone does a remake of Pokemon crystal". I'm not doing a remake of Crystal, what does that have to do with Shiny Gold? (You confused me...)

Nice screenshots. Is that a Lapras sprite the hero is ridding on? Looks cool, did you make it yourself? Does it only look like that if you're on a Lapras? Or is it how all surfing pokemon look in the game?

Well, I'm riding my Croconaw at the moment. I did the sprite (basically the hero modified so he looks like he's sitting on a Lapras sprite, which is original from FR, just changed colors cause I'm using a different pallete. But you reminded me of one thing... The surfing sprite differs when you're riding a Lapras?)

Now... How many screenshots I have left?...

Well, not that many. But, I guess it's going as I planned (I always take enough screenshots to entertain while I'm finishing to reach my Second Goal). These three will have to do:

image61sr6.png
image62ok3.png
image63tj3.png

I think I already said this, but, I like taking screenshots!

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
the route exactly west from ecuroteak or however it's spelled

o yeh! i remember that last screen! with those trees!! i remember i used to look for marrill at that place!

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
The first one looked like a part of the route below Blackthorn, second one is near the Goldenrod daycare, if you go surfing at the left then down, and the third seems to be the route to Olivine :)
Great job zel! :)

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
HOLY FLAMING CRAP! This hack is progressing very nicely! I'm amazed at its accuracy so far, and I happily await the next beta. KUTAW, zel!

Years
hi, i am new here, i 've downloaded the ips of shinygold that can be found on the first page of this thread...
have an "new version" or upgrade of this ips??

ps: sorry for my english, i have some dificulties, i am brazilian, and i am sooooooooooooooooo curious about the hack roms... =P

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
From what Ive read no. The Sevii Islands are being used to make Johto.

yes he/she is right

zel is using the sevii islands for johto and will not do anything to kanto, since, its already there! but i think zel is jsut going to touch up on some things

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
Years
yes he/she is right

zel is using the sevii islands for johto and will not do anything to kanto, since, its already there! but i think zel is jsut going to touch up on some things

He is doing things to Kanto... He's going to make new scripts for it and include all the stuff like the giant Snorlax that is level 50 in front of Diglett cave and going to close off the rocket hideouts etc.

I hope he Uses my E4 idea i reccomended in a PM

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
*Amazed at how people are starting to know what I'd answer*

Basically, martijn is right with the routes question, there's only one beta available at the moment (but Beta2 comes next weekend), and Sevii wont be in the hack (not a big loss... Probably a new land may be, but for now only Johto and Kanto)

Dont know how busy will I be tomorrow, so perhaps I can drop by, or perhaps not. I'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back