• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I made it 1.5x bigger so it look like a real shadow :D Maybe 1.5 is too big

you have to remember that caterpie is on a flat horizontal surface. if he were against a wall that shadow would be alright but not perfect. in this case, i suggest you make the vertical height of the shadow at least on third of its current size. it needs to plane with the floor beneath it.

If you need help perfecting it, get some object and place it on something flat, like say a desk. Shine a torch at it in a similar direction as the light source in the battle. It should give you an idea of what the angle should look like.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I made it 1.5x bigger so it look like a real shadow :D Maybe 1.5 is too big

Yes but you have to remember that the light source is not comming from the ground. Your shadow would be perfectly fine if there is a light comming from below the pokemon, but instead the light is comming from above it, so the y zoom should be smaller than 1 (I made it 0.5), because that will make the shadow appear on the floor like it is supposed to when the light from the sun hits the pokemon.

Years
Yes but you have to remember that the light source is not comming from the ground. Your shadow would be perfectly fine if there is a light comming from below the pokemon, but instead the light is comming from above it, so the y zoom should be smaller than 1 (I made it 0.5), because that will make the shadow appear on the floor like it is supposed to when the light from the sun hits the pokemon.

Thank, I'll edit it :D .

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
So here is the first town for the MMORPG Chibitos. What do you think needs changing? Don't talk about the shadows of the houses 'cause i really don't know how to give shadows so that one is an issue i'm aware of. Another one are the lightposts. Some people say that it doesn't look bad and others say that it does look bad. What do you think? (And yes i love the 3rd Gen Tiles).

P.S: Don't mind that sprite appearing everywere. It was the only way i could take the pic of the map.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the map isn't really done there are messing some cars to the top of the map. But i don't really have the tiles for that yet. And the beach will have more things and so will the water.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Thought I might show some work I'm doing on my game behind the scenes (thread may come up in the next couple of months)
Shot03.png

Tiles:
Me: Sign, Road and lower layer of grass.
DarkDragonn: Tree's and Tall grass.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
This are some screenshots of a city in my game, let me know what you think xD
2s6as92.png

Credits to Spaceemotion, Epic Day, Pokemon Diamond, Alucus, Dewitty, Chae/cleystation, zetavares852, BoOmxBiG.

"If I am missing credits, let me know to add you xD"

Link to the screens in Deviantart: http://darkdragonn.deviantart.com/#/d30jsow

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
technically this is not a screenshot, but this is what I am going to be working on. The scripts where a little buggy when I got a hold of them, but I manage to fix most. Right now I am working on a Choose Pokemon scene (through code). Once I am done with it I am going to show it to you guys.

[hd]M5D-U9qLWAw[/hd]

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
It's not that bad. However, a couple of things bother me.
The Pokémon selection thing is one of them. The bars take up a large section of the screen, and there's only four of them. When the player has all the spots fill up in his or her team, then the bars would go right off of the screen. My suggestion would be to shorten the bars, and move the "Choose Pokémon." Window box to the top screen. Then it'd be perfect.

Another thing that really bothers me, is the menu. It's the same situation with the Pokémon Selection screen. The bottom two bars distorted, so you shouldn't shrink all of the other ones to be the same size. After that, then it would look perfectly fine. Also, the HGSS Pokédex seems to work perfectly, not sure if you scripted it or not, but it looks really nice.

That's about it. I hope to see more of the game. Keep it up.

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
[hd]VyVfB66v3DI[/hd]

My very first custom script, and it felt good. Still needs expanding as it is version one.
Thoughts please Ohh Yea all graphics will be changed later just want the script to work perfectly.

Basically its an event where the player gets to choose there starter just like in the original games.

Years
It's not that bad. However, a couple of things bother me.
The Pokémon selection thing is one of them. The bars take up a large section of the screen, and there's only four of them. When the player has all the spots fill up in his or her team, then the bars would go right off of the screen. My suggestion would be to shorten the bars, and move the "Choose Pokémon." Window box to the top screen. Then it'd be perfect.
Another thing that really bothers me, is the menu. It's the same situation with the Pokémon Selection screen. The bottom two bars distorted, so you shouldn't shrink all of the other ones to be the same size. After that, then it would look perfectly fine. Also, the HGSS Pokédex seems to work perfectly, not sure if you scripted it or not, but it looks really nice.
That's about it. I hope to see more of the game. Keep it up.

It work perfectly because it is mine o.0 Now showing something ^^

Spoiler:

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
It work perfectly because it is mine o.0 Now showing something ^^

Spoiler:

Lol Nice converting Neo Mode 7, well in the most part the pokedex does work perfectly, but in the latest version of essentials crys don't work, and also when you own a pokemon the pokeball don't show right beside them(which I am currently trying to fix. But Gratz

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Does the old version has double battles working? If it does can you pm me the script i really need it. (Pokebattle_actualScene)

Years
Nice job Help-14 :D

Here's a screenie of the completed Naming scene in End of Days.
You use the keyboard to type in the name of the hero, which supports the backspace, spacebar and any other key really.

It's basically a complete naming scene revamp, but advanced because there's the option to choose whether you want to keep the name or try again, and the fact you can enter text with the keyboard :3

I might release it, i'll see
biggrin.gif

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Is it just me, or is that a mockup screenshot rather than an in-game one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back