• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Redux: The Sinnoh Stories [T]

Years
Name: Lauryl Caster
Hometown: (5+) Jubilife City, but has been just outside Solaceon for the past 3 years.

Appearance
Spoiler:

Lauryl has a round tanned faceline, surrounded by shorter terribly unkempt dusty colored hair, that is windswept to the left. She has rather large eyes with a distinctive appearance, her left iris is a natural emerald green, while her right is blind and thus is dull teal in color. However an obvious metalic implant stands out on Lauryl's right temple, able to project an electronic blue screen over her impared eye. With noticeably rosey cheeks, and a petite rounded nose. Primarily clad in a brown single sleeved sweatshirt, that reaches just about halfway to her knees, the oversized hood also tends to drape off her shoulders. Lauryl's left arm is enveloped in a contraption that resembles a Snag Machine, with a video screen on the wrist, is actually a modified PokeGear (Poketch). Generally she'll also be carrying a green accented bag strapped to her waist. Lauryl also wears "unnecessarily necessary" large tanned hightop leather boots, that don't look unlike a pair of mukluks, with cottonballs hanging near the top.

Interests & Goals: Lauryl loves to tinker and create PokeItems, however she's truly fascinated by PC technology, and hopes to one day create a revolutionary new system of her own. She's not off to a bad start either, considering the amount of time and research she's invested towards it. Though she also craves adventure on the grand scale, excitement and challenges, anything to keep her mind busy.

Family: Matomi Caster, a researcher for the Poketch Company, watched after the growth of Lauryl since the girl was five. Lauryl seemed able, but unwilling to speak about her past. Without pestering much into it, given the girl's obvious abandoned state of condition, it wasn't long until Lauryl was calling her mother. Not many other people particularly stood out in Lauryl's life for quite sometime. She of course made friends some of them really good, but not enough to call family.

Strengths:
Highly inventive, With plenty of intelligence and creativity, most noted by the modified PokeGear (Poketch) she "partially" designed. Still a surprisingly adept piece of machinery, it can actually transmit images through Lauryl's implant allowing her to not only see a 3-D reconstruction of what should be seen, but also a variety of displays ranging from a map, time, date, directions, pkmn information, phone options, ect.
Energetic, conteraty to what many would picture a technogeek being, Lauryl is indeed spunky with plenty of reserve energy. Enjoying to get out and experience new and exciting obstacles she'll rarely back down from a challenge, and is quick to lend a hand, if only to those who ask. Definitely not one afraid to speak her mind, her uncommonly rambunctious nature makes it rather easy for her to make friends.
Resourceful, being subjected to Pokemon Research at a young age, she learned more than the average trainer. This also makes her more tactical and strategic in given situations. Generally preferring to be well prepared, given her absent mindedness, when going into any situation that may require it. More often than not, she'll have a Pokeball or two to spare, if by her own design.

Weaknesses:
Spacey, Lauryl likes to live in the moment, not particularly dwelling on past or future. This leaves her rather absent minded and surprisingly forgetful. Often getting caught up in the moment, it's very common for her to get sidetracked, making her a horrible procrastinator.
Obnoxious, Lauryl's loudmouthed personality is not appreciated by all, and can easily be misconstrued as rude or even annoying. Unintentionally when paired with her wandering mind, she can also at times be extremely self-centered, ignoring those around her as she persues an entirely different thought at an unpredictable rate.
Workaholic, even if not on a particular project, but as a whole. Lauryl is notorious for unnecessarily carrying on past her limits. Often ignoring both hunger and sleep, while indulging in very little of both when she finally does. Not truly proving a hazard in her life thus far, however her adopted mother does worry immensely on this for when Lauryl does finally set out on a continental Pokemon adventure.
- Lauryl has a biased view toward bug pokemon, on account of their general fragility. She also has a particular fear of the Ghost type, seeing them as "unnatural".

Seems popular among other PC designers...
Starter Pokemon: Eevee (Shiny)
Nickname: --
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Quick Attack, Sand Attack, Bite, Swift

1st Pokemon: Magikarp
Nickname: --
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Splash, Tackle

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I finally finished my SU. Took a lot of time and fast typing to finish it. I hope you still have space for one more.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
Anset Flynn
Boy
Hometown:
Floarama city
Appearance:
Anset looks like brad Pitt's character from fight club with shiny scars shaped like rough edged quarters following a curve from his left hip, across his belly button and disappearing back off his left side just about at nipple line in front, a matching curve on his back, and a continuation of the scars on his left arm. Anset Flynn often gets asked more questions than he's sometimes willing to answer regarding his scars so In an attempt to counter most would be questioners Anset wears a maroon, long sleeved, button down shirt untucked, with the sleeves casually rolled up so that only the misshapen circles on the sides of his wrist are visible to the general public.

Personality and some history:
Anset thinks of himself as a force to be dealt with, after years of pokemon breeding, training, and friendship making he reached the conclusion that he was probably the best trainer in all of the world. Then, after years of routing opponents with relative ease Anset crossed paths with a Tyranitar living in the caves of Mt. Silver who snuck up on Anset and scarred him physically and mentally. After Ansets pokemon leapt from their balls, repelled the giant monster of a tyranitar, and rushed Anset from the mountain to the nearest pokecenter he hasn't been able to battle like he used to. Anset developed an almost debilitating fear of pokemon of all shapes and sizes when the tyranitar nearly tore him apart in one bite. Now, after months of forcing himself to look at pictures of pokemon, as well as physical rehabilitation Anset is as good as new. With one exception, most pokemon still horrify him. Anset can read all the "Pokemon breeders weekly", "Pokemon trainers magazine", and "Pokemon power" he wants to, but real pokemon, in the wild or owned by trainers scare him. Especially fully evolved pokemon, so Anset decided that the next step in his rehabilitation will be starting over with one of the easiest to train pokemon in one of the gentlest regions he knows about, a bulbasaur in sinno

Species: Bulbasaur
Nickname: Seth green
Ability: Overgrow
Attacks: Toxic, tackle, growl, sunnyday, petal dance

I made this off a slightly different template. I hope it works, but if it doesn't let me know.

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
I had a whole SU finished then my browser decides to crash and it won't recover, FML ;-;

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
God, crashes are the worst. Hope you power through, SignWriter.

My app should be up Friday or Saturday, by the way. I have the concept of my character down, just have to write it out. Her name is Harley and she has a Mime Jr.!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I guess I'm done. I just need to pretty it up, fix all the spelling stuff and then maybe reword or elaborate on one or two minor things.

Years

Your character does sound interesting, but please use the same template as everyone else.

I had a whole SU finished then my browser decides to crash and it won't recover, FML ;-;

That's some horrible luck :/
Hopefully you'll remember enough of it.

Gelius has been accepted.
Aeternum has been accepted. Just a note though, the first gym is actually going to be in Celestic.

Years
For Firefox or Chrome you can get an addon called Lazarus Recovery, it'll basically save any sort of text document or anything you write in that browser, and if you loose it for some reason you can just write click and get it back. Its saved my butt a number of times. But yeah, that really sucks...

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I have so much faith in this character. Also, remember that Mopad does not exist anymore.

Years
Here's my character

Amari Alden
Aged 15 | Female | From Veilstone City

xgytI7Z.png

Appearance: Amari is on the shorter side of the spectrum standing at about 5'5" in height and is somewhat thin although not stick skinny. She is caucasian and sports a light tan from spending a decent amount of time outdoors although she is not particularly dark. Her facial features are quite round, something accentuated by her large hazel-coloured eyes. Her red hair is worn quite short, framing her face, but is naturally quite thick.

Typical attire for Amari would be a shirt in a green or blue colour with brown shorts or pants. She's never been particularly into what is fashionable and aims to dress practically. Atari has carried the same blue satchel with her for years, she considers it "lucky" since it somehow still remains undamaged.

Interests and Goals: Amari's journey is one of self-discovery. Whilst she is interested in finding success as a trainer and wants to live up to her brother's reputation she's travelling to find her feet and find her own place in the world. She doesn't really know what she want from her life and has determined that the best way to learn this is to take the world on first hand.

Family: Amari lives in Veilstone City with her mother and father. Both her parents work with her father being a lawyer and her mother working as a consultant for the pokemon center. Amari has a good relationship with her parents and admires them for their hard –working nature.

Amari also has an older brother, he is a travelling pokemon trainer and his family rarely knows exactly where he is. He's a very mellow individual and has always been an inspiration to Amari.

In addition to these close relatives, Amari's uncle, aunt and cousins live in nearby Solaceon town where they work as farmers. She is currently visiting them with her parents before starting off on her journey.

Strengths:
  • Friendly: Amari is very open-minded and has a friendly disposition. She generally gets along well with people and forms friendships easily.
  • Diligent: Whilst she's no prodigy, Amari has learned the values of hard work from her parents and is willing to work at skills until she's good at them. If she deems herself not good enough at something, she will throw herself into the task until she feels competent enough to move on.
  • Prepared: Amari likes to feel prepared, so she always carries a variety of useful things with her and is rarely caught in situations in which she isn't at least somewhat capable of handling.

Weaknesses:
  • Inexperienced: For all her preparation, Amari has never really travelled before. She's bound to come across situations that she doesn't have an answer for and those make her worry and get frustrated.
  • Naïve: Amari is a good person, but unfortunately she has the trait of always trying to see good in others too. She always believes the best of people and gives too many second chances, something liable to come back to bite her eventually.
  • Absent-minded: Sadly, Amari has a tendency to be a bit absent minded. She might forget things or start daydreaming at inopportune times which can hinder her progress and success despite her diligence.

Starter:

239.png

Buzz (M) (Vital Spirit) - Thundershock |Thunder Wave | Low Kick | Quick Attack | - | -
Buzz (M) (Vital Spirit) - Thundershock |Thunder Wave | Low Kick | Quick Attack | - | -

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Isaiah Ford - Age 16 - Male

male.png

Hometown: Lumiose City

Family:

Isaiah used to live with his father in the Kalos Region, with Isaiah's half-sister Camilla, who is 9 years Isaiah's junior. Isaiah's mother died during childbirth, so Isaiah only knew his father until Isaiah's father, Joseph met a woman named Veronica Ebert, who became Isaiah's step-mother. Isaiah had a troublesome childhood, and had to move all over the Kalos Region due to his father's Schizophrenia, which made him unable to keep a house or a job for very long, and would eventually split the family. Joseph and Veronica later had Camilla together, and Isaiah had a new half brother. Just last year however, Joseph was sentenced to ten years in an insane asylum, and Isaiah moved to his grandparent's house in Solaceon Town in the Sinnoh Region. Samuel and Elizabeth, Isaiah's Grandparents on his mother's side, having been caring for Isaiah ever since.

Goals and interests:

Since he was young, Isaiah has always wanted to train Pokemon, travelling around the world seeing all different species of creatures and making all kinds of friends. Isaiah is purely facinated with the concept, and it's darn near all he will talk about. Isaiah sees himself as a Gym Leader or Elite Four member one day, but above all he wants to be able to sustain himself and his team off of Pokemon Training. Isaiah wants to be able to help his family over in Unova, and he dreams of bringing them over to Sinnoh.

Isaiah also has a second motive in life, a dream he's not sure he can realize. Mental illness is something that has run in Isaiah's family, with his father suffering from Schizophrenia and a array of other issues, while Isaiah has bi-polar disorder. Isaiah wants to find a way to help people like him and his father who have these afflictions, and he believes Pokemon are a way to help. Isaiah's Abra, Sigmund has seemed to have a great effect on his mood. Sigmund's abilities, combined with his cheery personality has made Isaiah's mood swings much less severe and less frequent. This has caused Isaiah to continue his research, and hopes to meet people across the Sinnoh Region that can help his research.

Strengths:

Isaiah's biggest strength is his determination. Isaiah has had a troublesome life, and it has taken extra effort for Isaiah to complete goals. Once Isaiah sets his eyes on something, he will do everything in his power to accomplish what he set out to do. Isaiah has the resolve and the integrity usually not found in someone his age, while most kids his age are still indecisive when it comes to their life goals, Isaiah knows what he wants and will do anything to get there. Isaiah is also very intelligent, despite never being a great student while in school, but that was mostly due to being bi-polar than his natural intelligence. Isaiah has shown his intelligence in the real world, keeping very detailed and informative research on how Pokemon can help people with mental illness. Isaiah has also shown a decent grasp of tactics when it comes to battling. Isaiah loves the outdoors, and enjoys any time spent travelling between towns, whether its in forests, caves, grasslands or wherever else is away from civilization.

Weaknesses:

Isaiah's biggest weakness is the mood swings that come with his bi-polar disorder. One moment, Isaiah will be in a state of pure ecstasy and joy, the next moment he will be irritable and depressed. Due to this, Isaiah has trouble building relationships and opening up to people, fearing that most people will not understand Isaiah's issues, instead he thinks people will just find him crazy. Isaiah is also very socially awkward, often says the wrong thing at the wrong time, or won't say anything at all fearing he will mess up.

Pokémon:

Sigmund - Male

063.png

Teleport-Calm Mind
Barrier-Psyshock

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
There. I remembered most of what I originally typed, did change a few things though. I think for the most part I'm done, will probably beef it up and add a few thinks (like the last move for Junior) later tonight. Also, I was gonna give Skiddo Milk Drink, but then I was thinking... where would he get the milk? ಠ_ಠ

By the way, I can't put in a image in my post yet, so I'm gonna go post somewhere else then I'll edit in the picture for appearance. Apparently this post is the amount I needed, but I couldn't put the pictures in before I posted. ~_~
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Harley Wakahisa

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Trainers or otherwise... ready yourselves for a grand tale that is to be unraveled as we speak!"

[h2][/h2]
Age & Sex:
Fifteen ; female.

Hometown:
Born in Hearthome City; her family's continual traveling meant she never grew very attached to it.

Appearance & Wardrobe:
Possesses sharp, spindly features and vibrant purple hair; classic Wakahisa traits. Harley has thin eyes and lips with a long, angled face. Her hair is kept short, straight-cut, with squared bangs and her hawk nose curves neatly over her usually-painted upper lip. Harley is partial towards make-up and non-intrusive jewelry. Her dress leans more towards the professional side, including dress shirts, collars, ties and high-waist skirts. On the other hand, she dislikes boyish clothing—sweatshirts, baggy jeans, baseball caps, etc.

Family:
The Wakahisas are somewhat of an anomaly compared to other Sinnoh families. They're huge, for one thing, as Harley is close with far more than her immediate family members. The Wakahisas for decades have walked the earth as traveling performers. It is an expansive family business of sorts that they take great pride in. The Wakahisas practice and exceed at classic arts of entertainment, from juggling to tightrope walking. Their shows, held throughout the Sinnoh region, follow a typical big top formula where the Wakahisas combine their various talents to "wow" their audiences. By tradition they travel alongside one another, bonded by loyalty and a love for what they do. Each Wakahisa is guaranteed a definite stage presence and a signature sense of humor that is both mocking yet friendly. Zealous behavior and teasing nicknames are to be expected.

Harley is a tad unique compared to her relatives, for she has not chosen a specific talent to master. Instead she picks up tricks and useful tidbits from her more experienced family members. Uncle Lorenzo may appear a deadbeat at first but he's a remarkably talented clown with useful life lessons to boot. Great aunt Lucetta gets frazzled quickly but Harley found her sense of authority and gargantuan presence admirable. She typically takes the role of ringleader and really is the glue that holds the Wakahisas together. Harley's parents are master acrobatics, leaning on the more soft-spoken side but certainly not passive. Her twin cousins are hotheaded fire-eaters, her youngest uncle a genius tightrope walker and her grandfather from way off in Kanto masters "Pokemon handling", as he calls it. There certainly is a lot of variety amongst the Wakahisas. Ironically, the member Harley is least familiar with is her own brother. Twenty-two years of age, Soren was always the withdrawn type (or as Harley goes, "the boring type") and he recently departed from his circus-y family--completely unheard of in Wakahisa history--to become engaged to a lovely lady off in distance Celestic Town. It would serve as far less of an issue if that lovely lady were not the infamous acerbic Carol Yamaguchi! Not that the current bout of family drama is any of Harley's concern...

Interests and Goals:
Harley's main reason for becoming a Trainer is to support her family. Sinnoh, in-comparison to regions like Kanto, is relatively wealthy. They have plenty of money to spare towards Training. In other words, Trainers make dough, which the Wakahisas are failing to collect a substantial amount of. In its prime, the Wakahisas were incredibly popular, especially within the locals of Hearthome. Someone would shout "The circus is in town!" and they'd all rush over at once. Nowadays, turnout ain't so grand. The Wakahisas are wonderfully nostalgic but has also failed to grow with the times. Other more recent circus acts are making use of technological advancements: light tricks and mind-bending spectacles that the public might reasonably mistake with magic. Meanwhile, the Wakahisa family continues to throw around bowling pins and rubber balls. A dramatic loss of funds over the past few years now warns of potential poverty, especially threatening to a family that desperately needs to support its many, many members. Harley wants to do what she can to help out; the profit she makes seeking out fellow Trainers and succeeding against Gym Leaders will certainly help her family out of a real dilemma.

Of course, there is another side to it. Training is a glamorized sport (that's essentially what it is, a sport) and the Training fever is especially strong this year for Sinnoh youth. A wave of new Trainers has arisen and Harley will soon be apart of that crowd. It will surely be difficult and the possibility of her earning all eight gym badges is non-existent. Still, this opportunity of adventure and exploration seems so perfect to her and to many. The idea of traveling alongside Pokemon is a wholesome image and Harley is more than motivated to begin her quest.

Strengths:
Confident ~ With a peppy, unyielding personality and a marvelous work ethic, Harley is both a worker and a cheerleader. She especially excels at encouraging others, riling them up with a bold, carrying voice and dramatic diction. She knows what she's good at but is never afraid to step out of her comfort zone.

Adaptable ~ It isn't easy to put pressure on Harley Wakahisa who lets most everything roll off her back like water off a Prinplup's. New situations do not intimidate her, they invigorate her! Harley herself is not one to keep grudges; she frequently forgives and forgets. She is actually quite composed, more often than not, and not usually reluctant to try something out-of-the-ordinary. Words are simply not enough to sway her and some actions may not be strong enough either!

Other Skills and Preferences:
Being the descendant of two acrobatic parents, Harley was taught a bit of gymnastics herself and has gotten quite the hang of it. When she isn't standing still, she is usually somersaulting about, flipping and walking on her hands, though only a short distance for the latter.

Harley is one for visual appeal. She loves jewelry, make-up, clothing... anything related to fashion. Putting together outfits she defines as a "hobby". Her passion for fashion has awarded her the humorous nickname of "Glam-Glam".

Her favorite type is Fairy, due to the flashiness of their moves and typically mischievous and quick-witted behavior. She likes warm, bright colors, electronic music of all sorts and her favorite food: fried elephant ears! (...the carnival kind.) She's also a fan of jelly-filled donuts; they're a close second. Her dream occupation is to be the next ringleader of the circus, or perhaps a fashion designer. Her greatest possession is an ancient Pokeflute, almost a heirloom of sorts, that she is currently learning to play. Harley especially appreciates people with the qualities of a leader who can carry and assert themselves accordingly.

Weaknesses:
Lacks empathy ~ Harley is home-schooled, never having attended a Trainer's School in her lifetime. Solely her family has molded how she thinks and how she acts; everything she knows, essentially, is Wakahisa. Their sense of humor, their way of life... Harley finds difficulty in understanding and sympathizing with different sorts of people. So she does act insensitively at times, speaking without a filter that others have long developed, simply because she wouldn't know better.

Fearless ~ To be fearful is to take heed of warnings and frankly, Harley's a tad too stubborn for that. She is always willing to trust but that usually conflicts with her need to try something for herself. Harley is optimistic in the sense that she will enter a hopeless situation with the idea that she might just succeed. She fails to understand that, in some cases, you are not guaranteed second chances and that taking risks will not always lead to a positive outcome.

Other Inabilities and Aversions:
Harley cannot cook for the life of her. It was always her grandmothers that did the cooking and never once did she attempt to learn any strategies herself. She prefers to skip straight to the eating.

The Wakahisas did educate their children but not in the typical scholarly sense. Harley and her brothers were taught mainly morals and life skills, like reading or how to use a can opener. Aside from basic addition and subtraction, many of the subjects taught in school are beyond Harley.

Her least favorite type is Steel due to their durability. Some may as well be invincible! She dislikes coffee, fog and deathly silence. Her ultimate fear is being trapped in an isolated, desolate place by herself. She ultimately dislikes overly-formal folk or those who do not possess a sense of humor.

Presenting... Goofball the Mime Jr.!

mime-jr.gif
Sex: Male
Ability: Filter
Moves: Copycat, Barrier, Teeter Dance, Confusion, Tickle, ???
Extended Info: Harley's grandfather is a Pokemon-handler, originally from Kanto, who hatched Goofball. His goal was to obtain a special Pokemon for his granddaughter once he heard she had received her license. Harley was surprised one morning with a speckled egg, the size and relative shape of a baseball. From it hatched little Goofball, the offspring of a Mr. Mime and Spinda. The Wakahisas were mostly supplied with Sinnoh-native species for their acts: Luxio, Mr. Mime, Girafarig, Staravia and an Abra or two. However, Harley's grandfather did have access to species from overseas due to how expansive the Wakahisa family was. Thus, he could breed Goofball from a Spinda. Goofball's Spinda blood makes him clumsier than most but his constant tilting and swaying during battle helps to disorient foes. He excels at dancing around opponents, chipping away at their health by using their own moves against them. Definitely a trickster!

Last edited:
Back