• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
lol, or before you let some slip of the tongue? XD :P

I hardly ever go on aim/msn, so this is my deviation I guess XD

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Not so much that I've experienced horrible slips of the tongue is that I'll often say something and realise I wasn't clear, or that it could have been worded better. But yes, slips of the tongue occasionally come. in. :P

That's why I like writing so much. You not only have the ability to craft your words to a high quality, but you're expected to do so.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
In some settings it is justified, but post-apocalyptic? XD; Yeah.

Although, something along the lines of mace probably isn't all too far out as a simple chemical weapon, brewed from some powder or other secretion of a Pokémon.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
lol I could just imagine any of us fic writers here, have different IM speak. lyk dey spek lke dis, yo

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Oh shush, now you make me feel like I was wrong. I got, like, triple-ninja'd. Lulz. I can just imagine Charlotte having a canister of Stun Spore on her person somewhere, though.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Like someone said here, it is very painstaking trying to come up with slang words for stuff like that.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
lol I could just imagine any of us fic writers here, have different IM speak. lyk dey spek lke dis, yo

The only difference in my case is that I don't capitalize or add periods. I and the person I usually chat with make it a point to type correctly most of the time.

Misheard Whisper

Years
o i can spk chtspk if i need 2. i do it al th tym wen im txtng. its jst painfl to actly do it. whats evn wors tho is ppl who try to actly wrt fnfctn in txt lingo nd dnt no wht theyr doin wrng wen we yel @ thm.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Even when I text message I use full words XD

I just feel sorry for all the teachers that have to deal with it...

Even I've seen resumes/CVs with some quick speak (lower case i's; y's replacing i's) etc. Quite depressing

Misheard Whisper

Years
Well, I usually try to, but often I'm in a hrry so i txt lyk ths. If I have time, though - which isn't often - I may even capitalise 'i' and use punctuation that isn't found in the pit of candy that is the '1' key.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I actually don't use text messaging at all. In fact, I only got a cell phone a few weeks ago when I started my summer job. I've never gotten what all the fuss about texting is about, seeing as it's insultingly expensive and not even very practical. As far as full grammar and words go, I make a point to write grammatically acceptable emails, if that counts.

Misheard Whisper

Years
Hell, the only reason I have a cellphone is in case I need to get picked up or something. I don't indulge in ridiculously hugemongous amounts of texting.

Ironic, considering I'm on the '2000 texts per month for ten bucks' plan.

Misheard Whisper

Years
Same, but sometimes things go wrong. And I usually take the bus, but if I miss it or something, I need to text mum and let her know I'll be late.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
First off, thanks for the rec and the compliments. (I'm glad that the Hello Skitty thing didn't sound as lame as I thought it did when I wrote that part.)

Also...

Has anyone else seen Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince yet?

No, for a number of reasons:

1. While the book was okay, it really didn't engage me as much as the earlier ones.
2. I never really liked the movie adaptations of the books because there was always something missing or changed that disappointed me. (The first movie omitted the best lines in the entire series. ;_; "So light a fire!" "Yes -- of course -- but there's no wood!" "HAVE YOU GONE MAD? ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?")
3. I miss the young Daniel Radcliffe. The one that didn't prance around naked on a stage with a horse.

Andrew Wiggin doesn't get to enjoy the refreshing flavor of Coca-Cola. :(

So, instead, he enjoys the refreshing taste of Mormonism?

Also, I was about to say "Angsta-Cola," but then that made me think of Andrew Wiggin in Hot Topic, which is a fanfiction that should be written, dammit. In fact... *prances to the Plot Bunny Farm*

Also also, my writing in a chat room is exactly like my writing on a forum. And normally, I don't text either, but my friends do frequently. It's a nice feature to have if you're not sure if the other person is in a position that allows them to answer a phone. (As in, if you're not sure if they're at work or in class, particularly when either can happen at any time when you're my age.)

THERE. ALL CAUGHT UP NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back