• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Student

CSS Knowlage: Sort of a beginner. I guess you could say my knowledge is in between beginner and intermediate.
Preffered Teaching Method: MSN, Skype, or PMs all work fine for me.
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: I want to be able to know these codes without having to pester people all the time. I want to try to reach advanced CSS.
Time Zone: (UTC -7:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: You can call me Michael, if you want.

Years
CSS Knowlage: Well... somewhat above beginner, but not by a whole lot, in my opinion.
Preffered Teaching Method: PMs - much more passive, and fit in my busy schedule quite well.
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: Just to pick up on some more stuff for CSS.
Time Zone: GMT -6 (Central Time Zone - US & Canada)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Donavann, or some variant of it will work plenty well.

Years
CSS Knowledge: Intermediate
How Many Students You Are Willing To Take On: 1
Preffered Teaching Method: VMs/PMs
Time Zone: GMT-5 (Eastern Time Zone, US & Canada)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Jordan

I'm not as knowledgeable with CSS as many here, though I can help with someone who's just getting started.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Student

CSS Knowlage: Beginner
PreferredTeaching Method: PMS,MSN all works for me :)
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: I'd like to know more of css.
I got some basics down but that's just about it.
Time Zone:
(UTC:8:00 Pacific Time)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Fernando

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Eeveon: Application Accepted. You are officially a Student.
donavannj: Application Accepted. You are officially a Student.
Jordan: Application Accepted. You are officially a Tutor.
Fuyuhiko: Application Accepted. You are officially a Student.

Abnegation's Students → Eeveon & Fuyuhiko (2 Spaces left)
Jordan's Students → donavannj (Spaces Full)

Please contact your tutor as soon as you are ready to proceed with tuition.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
Years
there are some spelling mistakes in the form xD i corrected them in mine:

CSS Knowledge: Beginner
Preffered Teaching Method: Any and all ;)
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: I want to learn quite a few things because I have a forum and I'd like to make cool stuff for my signatures.
Time Zone: GMT+2
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: WG

Gerri Shin

  
Years
CSS Knowledge: somewhere between beginner and intermediate
Preferred Teaching Method: PM preferably, this way I can look back at what we cover and I'm not constrained to specific times to learn.
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: I'd like to know enough that I can sufficiently create new code from scratch instead of relying on pre-made templates and just editing here and there.
Time Zone: GMT-8
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Gerri

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Ah, so there is, this is what you get for rushing XD;

WonderGirl: Application Accepted. You are officially a Student.

Gerri Shin: Application Accepted. You are officially a Student.

I will allocate you both to a tutor soon, I'm just going to wait and see whether more sign up to offer tuition, if not, I'll take you guys on myself. :D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Tutor
CSS Knowledge: Intermediate
How Many Students You Are Willing To Take On: 1-3
Preffered Teaching Method: MSN, Skype & PM's
Time Zone: GMT+0
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Serene Grace

Note: Lessons will work best in 1 on 1 tuitions

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Serene Grace Aceppted. You are officially a Tutor.

Serene Graces's Students →
WonderGirl & Gerri Shin (1 Space left)

Just a note on that though, Serene if you wish to only take on one student for the time being that is perfectly fine. So no decision is final until you let me or get in contact with the allocated students. So Wonder Girl and Gerri Shin should get in contact with you or vice versa when ready to proceed with tuition. I just wanted to wait and spread some of the guys who signed on around so that there wasn't one person taking on more than half the students.
So thanks for signing up and your help will be greatly appreciated I'm sure!

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
CSS Knowledge: Intermediate.
Preferred Teaching Method: Private messages, so I'm able to look at all the coding done.
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: To an extent where I can predict the result of my coding before hitting the preview button.
Time Zone: GMT+5
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Jesus.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Interesting!

Signing up for tutor!

CSS Knowledge: 3/5ths between Intermediate and Advanced; including CSS3 recommendations & drafts.
How Many Students You Are Willing To Take On: 1
Preferred Teaching Method: VMs and PMs, can work out to e-mail from there
Time Zone: GMT-4 DST
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Solovino

I'm relatively knowledgeable on CSS and used to be the tutor assistant to my teacher at college's Web Technologies class. I have experience adapting CSS from content systems to personal sites (such as from MediaWiki, DokuWiki, Joomla) and have created some minor SVG+CSS or dynamic CSS demos based on Opera's Web Standards Curriculum. Can help with sigs.
One point though: I a m more likely to emphasize how some effect should be achieved rather than how it can be achieved, I'm a bit nitpicking on standards.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
CSS Student,
I'm clueless.

CSS Knowledge: Absolutely positively nothing.
Preffered Teaching Method: VM or PM - what's easier?
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: ROM Hacking, hoping to make attractive threads.
Time Zone: EST, or GMT + 8 hours
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: My name is ~Hot n' Cold~, but please call me Katie!

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2020

Applying for tutor

I have a lot of time on my hands, and I'm willing to burn it on helping the people here who want to learn CSS, and how to use it the correct way. I go in-depth, although not to the point where it's all jargon. I place significant priority on standards, because they make a better and more accessible web for everyone, so I will be teaching users to take considerations before applying of cool tricks.

CSS Knowledge: Intermediate/Advanced
How Many Students You Are Willing To Take On: 5
Preferred Teaching Method: Instant Messaging works best, but I'm very flexible. AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Skype
Time Zone: GMT -5
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Faltzer/Polly

JeTz

ジェット
Years
Would like to apply to be a student

CSS Knowledge: Sort of beginner, know of some basic

Preffered Teaching Method: VMs / MSN
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: To be able to make beautiful thread/As far as I can go
Time Zone: GMT+8
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Jetz

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Whenever I try to get the text to hover over my banner, I go to preview signature, and I have like 10 copys of the banner (the banner is 352pixels x 152pixels) and I have that entered as the value in the place it goes, it only does it though when I have more than one line of text (which is preferred because I don't want a giant run on of sig stuff all over my banner).

Is it a problem with IE or am I just stupid? ._.

EDIT:
CSS Knowledge: none
ered Teaching Method: VM/PM/MSN
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: just learn stuff in general mostly for making sigs/threads
Time Zone: CST (GMT -6 I think)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Gamer/Alan (Can I have SG as my tutor if possible?)

Last edited:

shot571

CSS Knowledge: none
ered Teaching Method:
msn/vms
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: increase general knowledge, for a thread/ as much as i can

Time Zone: GMT
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: shoaib

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
okay, thought I would ask a question about css coding for my signature again.
okay how do I get a scroll down bar on my banner so i can move the text up and down, with out the banner moving?

Back