• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] [T] Delirium [OOC] [Sign-Ups Open!]

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Uh, I have sort of a random question, how do you plan to deal with starters that are not used for applications if we do not 9 roleplayers? We they be obtainable or catchable through different means?

Hopefully all nine will be taken, but as of right now, I'm not positive. I'll figure that out down the road.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Also updated the Dex with a bunch more silhouettes, including those of the two major legendaries. After finishing those two, I gotta say I'm so very excited to take you on this story journey. It's going to be fun!

Coldweather

A special snowflake.
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 21, 2017

#211 mfw

giphy.gif

They all look great though - seriously.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
#211 mfw

giphy.gif

They all look great though - seriously.

Thank you, and haha yeahhhh! As I was working on this guy, I was thinking how creepy it's going to be. Plus, I'm also introducing new abilities. Each starter gets a new ability in their final forms, a few of the Fossil Pokemon have new abilities, and all the legendaries will have new abilities, including #211. Think of when we get to #211 and it's the final boss battle of all boss battles. I think that part will need all the players working together because the battle will be very tough and its ability will be very scary.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
I have a bunch of questions for later but right now, how are moves being handled? Will we have a limit or will they accumulate? If there's a limit, it should be 6.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
I have a bunch of questions for later but right now, how are moves being handled? Will we have a limit or will they accumulate? If there's a limit, it should be 6.
For now, there are just four moves max for first-form Pokemon, five for second-form (if part of a three-evolution line) and six for final-form. When your Pokemon is ready to learn a new move, I will tell you, and post something like "??? wants to learn Razor Leaf. Would you like to forget a move and make room for this attack?"

Feel free to send me any questions. I'll try to answer what I can without spoiling the story.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
For now, there are just four moves max for first-form Pokemon, five for second-form (if part of a three-evolution line) and six for final-form. When your Pokemon is ready to learn a new move, I will tell you, and post something like "??? wants to learn Razor Leaf. Would you like to forget a move and make room for this attack?"

Feel free to send me any questions. I'll try to answer what I can without spoiling the story.

What if something has only one evolution, or has none?

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
I forever yearn for a marvelous fakemon roleplay and true discovery throughout a fakemon world. HOWEVER, I am already in Trials Of Olympus, Titans Reborn, Gunpowder and everybotys a pokemon Gunpowder and so I cannot join any more rps since I cannot devote my time to all of them. The only reason I can support 3 is because I'm sat on my arse all day because I've got my holidays.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
I forever yearn for a marvelous fakemon roleplay and true discovery throughout a fakemon world. HOWEVER, I am already in Trials Of Olympus, Titans Reborn, Gunpowder and everybotys a pokemon Gunpowder and so I cannot join any more rps since I cannot devote my time to all of them. The only reason I can support 3 is because I'm sat on my arse all day because I've got my holidays.

Aww, that's alright, Estrello. Maybe next time! Thanks for the interest.

Also, for players - I might think of putting in Synchronization (like with Ash-Greninja) or Mega-Evolution. Which would you guys rather see?

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Name: Kiro Irakuza
Hometown: Xanadu

Appearance: Darkish skinned. Just barely under 6 feet tall. He has, though naturally a mini afro, straightened super dark red hair that appears as a nearly black, very dark brown that is just like his eyes. There's also a streak of dark red dye in front and on the left. He's wearing a black hoodie with a grey design strewn across it and a red and black shirt underneath. He also has a black fingerless glove with a pokemon symbol on it for his left hand and dark jeans with black shoes that have dark red designs and laces.

Personality: Kiro is very rash. It often gets him into trouble. He goes about life in a very carefree manner, until he gets into trouble that is. He often procrastinates with things he doesn't want to do to have fun. Kiro also isn't the nicest person. Overall he is a childish butthole.

Background: Before becoming an official trainer, Kiro spent all the time he could with his parents' pokémon. He loved pokémon more than most things as they allowed him to do the things enjoyed. His parents met as trainers in the past, but other than they weren't that interesting. His life was boring for the most part and so, he was always trying to entertain himself. Although because of his rash and rude personality, he often got into trouble in the process.

Roleplay Example: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8576896&postcount=644

Starter Pokémon: Alliam
Nature: Naughty

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Also, for players - I might think of putting in Synchronization (like with Ash-Greninja) or Mega-Evolution. Which would you guys rather see?

I'd prefer Synchronization as it's more of a mystery, but why not both? Also, will there be an Eevee equivalent with a bunch of evolution stone based evolutions?

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
I'd prefer Synchronization as it's more of a mystery, but why not both? Also, will there be an Eevee equivalent with a bunch of evolution stone based evolutions?

Study the silhouettes closely :P

I personally would prefer megas because I don't like the concept of synchro evolution. But ultimately it's up to you Royal.

EDIT: Although upon second thought, I don't think we need megas, we already have 211 new mons to discover, they don't need megas too. If you have the impotus to design them then by all means be my guest, but don't burn yourself out trying to make them.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Yes, there will be an Eevee equivalent. ;)

Study the silhouettes closely :P

I personally would prefer megas because I don't like the concept of synchro evolution. But ultimately it's up to you Royal.

EDIT: Although upon second thought, I don't think we need megas, we already have 211 new mons to discover, they don't need megas too. If you have the impotus to design them then by all means be my guest, but don't burn yourself out trying to make them.

One of my thoughts was that Synchro or Mega would only affect the starters. Since everyone starts with them, it would make the most sense that the bond between the players and them would be strongest. I can think more on it since it's a concept I probably wouldn't introduce until pretty far into the game. Thanks for the responses though!

Coldweather

A special snowflake.
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 21, 2017
snippy dubop

I'm not super familiar with the anime (just play the games), but from what I've read online, Synchronization seems like a more exciting concept. The relationship between Pokemon and trainer is going to be important for this RP and I think the synchronization can help facilitate those relationships.

Megas are really just aha I hold rock and get bigg woooo *pbbt*.

My two cents. :)

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
I have one question. Which town is the closest to Drake's-Neck?

Both Falu City and Brandy Town are about an equal distance from Drake's-Neck. Drake's-Neck is kind of holed up in the richest land, and just goes on for miles with its fields of produce and vineyards. It only stops by mountains that cut off between it and the other two bordering towns. I hope that helps.

PS. Reminder for myself to invest some time in making a map.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Honestly, this is the second best RP that I've seen here, next to Trials of Olympus. ;)

Name: Aeolus "Lux" Panthera (ay-OH-lus pan-THAYR-uh)

Hometown: Drake's-Neck Town

Appearance:
Spoiler:

The apparel Lux dons in the picture above is his usual style of clothing, preferring a t-shirt, shorts, and working boots. He always wears a pair of working gloves that he wore while he worked on the farm. His hair is always untidy, no matter how hard he tries to keep it tamed. He's a little small for his age, his height being 5'2", and weighing about 98 pounds.

Personality: Aeolus is an optimistic boy, always trying to find the "bright side" of situations, even in the midst of this Hysteria business. But he gets frustrated easily, freaking out or getting upset when things don't work the way he tries to make them.
He's very overprotective of his sister and family, and he's stubborn with his beliefs. Not letting anyone tell him that said beliefs are wrong.
Lux loves music, and even plays the PokéFlute. Ever since he was a little boy, he would wander away from his parents at festivals to listen to the bands and choirs.
Aeolus was adventurous. He had always wanted to take the Gym Challenge (and was about to start a journey before the Hysteria hit). Though he rarely left Drake's-Neck (only for the occasional festival or Falu Market), he'd explore as much as he could, especially the vineyards of his hometown. Even with that being said, Lux is a timid boy, and a little bit of a coward. Sometimes even shrinking away from danger.

Background: The Pantheras are a family of farmers, selling their produce at Falu City and to assorted companies. Every since Lux was a young boy, he would work at his parent's farm, harvesting berry after berry. Because of this, he knows of many different types of berries and foliage.

Lux would usually hang out with the neighborhood children, friends at school, and his seven-year old sister, Liz. His parents made enough money to live well, Lux was going to get a Pokémon soon. Life was great. At least until the Hysteria started to spread to his town.

Aeolus's first encounter with the Flare Hysteria was when one of his best friends started acting very oddly. He was sent away two days later. The virus spread to multiple other people in the neighborhood. Lux didn't understand what was wrong, for his parents had never explained the Hysteria to him, until one day; Liz started talking to herself. She'd pace around the house twiddling her thumbs, mumbling. She would occasionally forget who she was, and was more aggressive than before. Mr. and Mrs. Panthera reluctantly sent her to a Quarantine facility.

Disobeying his parents orders, Aeolus would sneak out and visit Liz once a week on the way home from school. He was quickly caught red-handed, but showed no signs of Hysteria. Lux went in for testing and was found immune. It was then when Lux made up his mind. He wanted to find a cure to this madness...

RP Example: Archelaus Courson meets the Three Fates

Starter: Scruff (Marshock♂)

Nature: Quirky

Back