• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
How do I expand the max sprites to view in NSE? Currently I can only view up to index 151. I need to go further.

For OWs on FR, you can either use JPAN's engine or my Advanced OW editing tutorial to expand them.

You're replacing one of the ?????? Pokemon, right? Those only have one move programmed into them, you can take away moves from another Pokemon (say take away a move from charizard that it learns during level 13, which can't even happen anyways) and add them onto your Dialga to give him more moves. A good tool for that would probably be YAPE.

My question:
Is there a list on the sounds that can be made through the "sound" command? I know that sound 0x15 can make the exclamation mark sound, but are there any others? And has anyone documented a list on it?

Not true: you can use PGE to repoint the attack data for them and add as many new attacks as you want. This is a major downfall of YAPE.

Your question: I think gogojjtech may have documented them. Try googling "list of sounds firered hacking". You may be surprised at what you find.

Last edited:
Years
how to make a script such that when i enter roue 22 first a charmander thumbs to me then it goes back then suddenly the screen fades white when the screen turned normal the charmander has evolved to charmeleon or its OW sprite is changed and then it starts to battle me.How can i make this script please help me.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
For OWs on FR, you can either use JPAN's engine or my Advanced OW editing tutorial to expand them.

Not true: you can use PGE to repoint the attack data for them and add as many new attacks as you want. This is a major downfall of YAPE.

Your question: I think gogojjtech may have documented them. Try googling "list of sounds firered hacking". You may be surprised at what you find.

When im near the OW I just added on VBA the player is invisible?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
You're replacing one of the ?????? Pokemon, right? Those only have one move programmed into them, you can take away moves from another Pokemon (say take away a move from charizard that it learns during level 13, which can't even happen anyways) and add them onto your Dialga to give him more moves. A good tool for that would probably be YAPE.

My question:
Is there a list on the sounds that can be made through the "sound" command? I know that sound 0x15 can make the exclamation mark sound, but are there any others? And has anyone documented a list on it?

1: You should not use the ?????????? slots. Just use 386 pokemon, I'm pretty sure you won't use over that amount. And to free up moves, you DON'T need to delete moves on other pokemon. Just repoint, it's that simple people.
2: The sound command uses a separate table that goes by this:
Playsound - (Takes R0 as sound to play; No return value): 0x722CC
So if you debug there, you may find the table, and then the pointers.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
On Advance Map whenever I click on Brock or Misty I get the error "invalid property value". Can someone please help?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
I hope this is the right spot post this so here my question, i have searched for days on both the web and using my own knowledge but for life of me i can't find the palette offsets for emerald battle platforms i've used many methods but no luck of finding a correct palette too them in the game any help be much help :/

karatekid552

Years
I hope this is the right spot post this so here my question, i have searched for days on both the web and using my own knowledge but for life of me i can't find the palette offsets for emerald battle platforms i've used many methods but no luck of finding a correct palette too them in the game any help be much help :/

Have you seen the battle background tutorial DrFuji and I co-authored? While it is for FR, the table structure is the same in Emerald and the method to find the table is exactly the same.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
My new OW sprite wouldnt even show up when using an ID over 153 so I used another.
The sprite is 32x48px.
The sprite draws as 16x32 :/
Also the palette is all of... :(

lbm9.png

A-Map:
ZamMnW2.png

Palette 16 is a custom palette I added. To do so I repointed the palette table so its now here:

cOmGQh7.png

And palette 16's pointer:
10 A6 71 08 16 11 00 00

0x71A610
td4p.png

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
My new OW sprite wouldnt even show up when using an ID over 153 so I used another.
The sprite is 32x48px.
The sprite draws as 16x32 :/
Also the palette is all of... :(

lbm9.png

A-Map:
ZamMnW2.png

Palette 16 is a custom palette I added. To do so I repointed the palette table so its now here:

cOmGQh7.png

And palette 16's pointer:

0x71A610
td4p.png

First, it is not possible to have an OW of the specified dimmensions. The GBA itself just won't do it. So, you need to either be 32x32, 64x64, 16x32, or 16x16.

Second, did you deal with the limiter bytes that bar off your number of palettes?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
First, it is not possible to have an OW of the specified dimmensions. The GBA itself just won't do it. So, you need to either be 32x32, 64x64, 16x32, or 16x16.

Second, did you deal with the limiter bytes that bar off your number of palettes?
wheres the limiter bytes that bar off my number of palettes?

Espeonage

Ninja Espeon
Years
What is the most organic and natural was for a novice hacker to begin the implementation of their plans after pre-production?

Is it wise to just start building over maps to create the world and worry about scripts and events later or to fully sketch out each map as you go starting from the start of the game as it were?

Just for some context, I have all of my pre-production done. The story isn't fleshed out but I have a complete plan of the world map and have put climates to map areas etc, etc. I just feel that the first map is so daunting and don't know what kind of approach to take to strip the old game bare in AdvanceMap and start building. (No custom tilesets for this hack.)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
Where is the encountering of Entei, Suicune and Raikou handled? I need to make it so I can meet all 3 instead of 1 off them depending on your starter

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Where is the encountering of Entei, Suicune and Raikou handled? I need to make it so I can meet all 3 instead of 1 off them depending on your starter

If you are talking about FireRed, you catch entei suicune and raikou after you beat the elite 4 once and get the national dex. Entei if you pick bulbasaur, suicune if you pick charmander, and raikou if you pick squirtle.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
If you are talking about FireRed, you catch entei suicune and raikou after you beat the elite 4 once and get the national dex. Entei if you pick bulbasaur, suicune if you pick charmander, and raikou if you pick squirtle.
I know that, I wanna make it so I can get them all 3 no matter what starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back