• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Copy intro again and rename it so you have two identical maps called "Oak Intro" and "Intro"
set the starting postion on the one you want first and edit them as much as you need to.

so do I need the Prof like a tileset and just place them on screen?

Edit: Oh yea can someone tell me how to put in the Players OW on Poccil because I read the ReadMe but it doesn't help
Also how do I change Poccil's Default Sprites?

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
so do I need the Prof like a tileset and just place them on screen?

Edit: Oh yea can someone tell me how to put in the Players OW on Poccil because I read the ReadMe but it doesn't help
Also how do I change Poccil's Default Sprites?

Do you know how to place pictures onto the screen through events?

Its pretty simple, both you can change pretty easily by using the Editor.exe file provided, Player OW's solely from Global Metadata, and Player Sprites are from the Global metadata and Trainer Types. Other default sprites are from Trainer Types.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
ok can you break that down a little, lol

Which? Because placing a picture just involves use of the event command, "Show Picture" and the Sprite stuff just means you have to start the Editor.exe file and edit those sections I mentioned, though Global Metadata is inside of Set Metadata. Its pretty obvious what everything does, dude.

majorgames

on all pokemon games theres an intro movie before the title screen

dose anyone know how to make one, im using pocils (did i spell it right) starter kit

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
on all pokemon games theres an intro movie before the title screen

dose anyone know how to make one, im using pocils (did i spell it right) starter kit
I believe you use an animated GIF as Pic 1 which would become your intro video.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
2 more questions about animated GIFS

1. how do you make one

2. if i was to make a video file would that work

I don't think a vido file would work. Look at the notes which you can find in the starter kit. It should say if a video will work.

There are many softwares for making Animated GIF's. You should try using google to find one.

majorgames

I don't think a vido file would work. Look at the notes which you can find in the starter kit. It should say if a video will work.

There are many softwares for making Animated GIF's. You should try using google to find one.

i just saw a video on how to make an animated GIF anyways thnx a million youve helped me alot

i assume animated GIFS can work with trainers and pokemon

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Your welcome. I am not sure that you do that with the trainers and pokemon though. You may want to ask someone else on that.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
This is probably the most noobish question ever, but what are the limitations on making a tileset? Like, is there a specific size, or do they have to be placed a certain way, or are there some colors that I can't use?

I'm wanting to make some/edit existing ones, but I don't want to do so and find out I did it all wrong. :X Any help is appreciated.

majorgames

This is probably the most noobish question ever, but what are the limitations on making a tileset? Like, is there a specific size, or do they have to be placed a certain way, or are there some colors that I can't use?

I'm wanting to make some/edit existing ones, but I don't want to do so and find out I did it all wrong. :X Any help is appreciated.

theres no such thing as a nooby question only nooby people and thouse people are nooby because they call other people nooby cos they're arrogent

size isnt limmeted (at least i dont think it is

32x32

and im not sure of the collours

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
Few Questions about scripting

Could someone help me, please?
I want to do, like HGSS, that if you walk over grass, you hear grass and if you're at a coast, you hear the coast. Is there a way to connect a SE to a tile? (I'm using RPGXP)

And I try using the Dependent Event from Pokémon Essentials, but it doesn't work. Do you guys have one that actually does work?

Greets,
Dew

majorgames

I want to do, like HGSS, that if you walk over grass, you hear grass and if you're at a coast, you hear the coast. Is there a way to connect a SE to a tile? (I'm using RPGXP)

And I try using the Dependent Event from Pokémon Essentials, but it doesn't work. Do you guys have one that actually does work?

Greets,
Dew

for the coast put a loop SE of what ever you want on the map data (where you set the music)

and for the grass set an event that plays a SE of what ever you want and put it on a contact event

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
Is there a way on RPGXP to zoom in on another view instead of yourself? (The player character is always in the center, but is it possible to, for example put a tree in the center?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Is there a way on RPGXP to zoom in on another view instead of yourself? (The player character is always in the center, but is it possible to, for example put a tree in the center?

In a event, use the scroll map option... yeah, it doesn't look too good, but it's the easiest way to do it.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I' have several questions.

1. Is there a way of expanding the text entry, so you don't have a limit?
2. Is there a way of stacking text entries on top of each other, like in the scenario of showing a list of things, but whether things are on there or not depends on separate things for each?

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
COuld someone write a tutorial for ripping resources from a game. I personally think it would help out alot of people [including me]. It would make it so people wouldn't request for things ripped for them. It would also help peoples projects get along faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back