• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Trainer Hilda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I have no problem with her actually. I'm not paying attention to her pants even though I thought they were short at first. I don't notice it anymore. The only thing I don't like is her pockets showing from under her pants and the way she runs just isn't in my taste, but at least he butt doesn't bounce the same way the boy's seems to.

Whenever I look at her the thing I'm staring at is her huge ponytail flying in the wing. It's mesmerizing... I like the way it fits through her hat too. I didn't pick Black because I didn't like the way his hair looked. I always go by the hat/face area because that's all I really look at.

I do agree that she's got a bit of a bootyshort there.

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
Like Lyra, Hilda was very revealing. Due to unwanted biological circumstances, I am forced to conclude that I do like Hilda's design - pockets excluded. Her hair is pretty unique, although it's not unaesthetic.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Her booty isn't hanging out, her shirt isn't a very low v-cut, she's cute, what's so bad about her? I like her design and everything, and the only thing that ruins her for me is that name. Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with this protagonist. )8

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
I liked her design a lot. Her & Leaf's(FR LG) designs were the best in my opinion. Lyra & Dawns were the worst to me because they didn't seem right. Kris & May are in the middle since their designs were great.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Her booty isn't hanging out, her shirt isn't a very low v-cut, she's cute, what's so bad about her? I like her design and everything, and the only thing that ruins her for me is that name. Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with this protagonist. )8

Same for me - I have no idea as to why there are people hating on her. I've been hearing some people complaining about her not having a dress or skirt on. So what? Girls don't have to wear a dress/skirt - Lyra didn't.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Same for me - I have no idea as to why there are people hating on her. I've been hearing some people complaining about her not having a dress or skirt on. So what? Girls don't have to wear a dress/skirt - Lyra didn't.
And really what's wrong with the short shorts? I love Hilda except for the name!!

Soul Eater

→ w e a p o n.
Years
I hate that they called her Hilda. Other than that I loved her character design. There's nothing all too different about it from the others, other than the fact that it could seem to be more iffy simply because she's 17-ish and not 10. Seems worse to me to have Misty dress the way she did, considering her age.

Years
Hilda is the best-designed female lead in any Pokemon game so far.

Everyone likes her, except one thing...

they're all saying she has a stupid name!

Will someone ever say they like her name?

I even made up a poem about her...

Pokemon Trainer Hilda,
She's the cool-as girl from Unova
who travels with her friends
Cheren and Bianca.
They receive a Starter Pokemon
then Hilda realizes she feels
a connection to a legendary
Dragon-type Pokemon.
Reshiram or Zekrom?
It's her VS N to save Unova
from the clutches of Team Plasma!
Hilda is the awesome Trainer
we would have liked to have seen
as Ash's new female companion
but the writers decided reflect
back on the original series anime
and gave us two Gym Leaders.
If I, Hikari were making the anime
I'd make Hilda the main girl and
I'd make Oshawott her starter
it would either remain unevolved
like Dawn's Piplup or evolve like
May's Torchic. Still, Hilda's design
and total awesomeness plus
her maturity make her the ideal
Pokemon Trainer!
Give me a H! Give me an I!
Give me a L! Give me a D!
And give me an A!
That's Pokemon Trainer Hilda.

Last edited:
Years
Isn't Hilda the coolest of the female leads?

She is a Trainer with sense of style and strength, referencing the toughness of Black & White.

Procrastinatron

Annihilator of Youngster Joey
Years
The name just......reminds me of hillbillies, although it's not as horrifying as "Hilbert". But I still prefer her over Dawn and Lyra. She just looks more...like a trainer. Now Dawn? Ms. Mini-mini skirt and the ANNOYING BEANIE.

Lyra...well...the outfit just doesn't work. Anyway, I always wanted a female protagonist with black hair, so I'm just gonna stick with Hilda. Although, I agree that she needs a tan.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2013
I for one view her design as a 15 16 or 17 year old girl. I believe she is portrayed as a tomboyish character that may be descovering her sexuality. Is this right for pokemon? Who am I to say? I've been with the series since the first game and if I have ever had a complaint its that the game never seemed to grow up. I most of the time feel like the main character is still meant to be 10 and I don't like that. I didn't like red being ten when I started all thoes years ago. Still the idea here is do I like her design... yes I do. I like it a lot but I don't view her as a little kid either. I feel the game followed and told a much more grown up story than it ever has before and I feel it is more a teenage pokemon world in black and white. I do however see that if she is meant to be 10 or 11 like red that this is kinda wrong and really pushing the line. I hope I haven't offended anyone that was not my intention. Thumbs up for hilda.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I for one view her design as a 15 16 or 17 year old girl. I believe she is portrayed as a tomboyish character that may be descovering her sexuality. Is this right for pokemon? Who am I to say? I've been with the series since the first game and if I have ever had a complaint its that the game never seemed to grow up. I most of the time feel like the main character is still meant to be 10 and I don't like that. I didn't like red being ten when I started all thoes years ago. Still the idea here is do I like her design... yes I do. I like it a lot but I don't view her as a little kid either. I feel the game followed and told a much more grown up story than it ever has before and I feel it is more a teenage pokemon world in black and white. I do however see that if she is meant to be 10 or 11 like red that this is kinda wrong and really pushing the line. I hope I haven't offended anyone that was not my intention. Thumbs up for hilda.

Unfortunately you can't revive older threads (which are older than a month). :( While I can do that through the ongoing discussion prefix, that's only for forum sustainability rather than just randomly choosing threads to revive. Feel free to make a new thread discussing Hilda though and that'd be totally okay - and appreciated.
EkvQs.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back