• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Day Care [iPhone 6/6s]

New Menu Style or Old Menu Style (see post #7)

• Old Menu Style

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • New Menu Style

Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters
Years
Pokeathlon Minigames would be so damn awesome, but I'll be happy with any other interaction, if Pokéathlon Minigames aren't possible to program. I'm sure I would get addicted to it xD

I wish you all the best for your development I hope you can figure out how to port it on android device. If you need a beta tester for Android devices (I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 Mini), then as Reggie says: My body is ready :)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Pokeathlon Minigames would be so damn awesome, but I'll be happy with any other interaction, if Pokéathlon Minigames aren't possible to program. I'm sure I would get addicted to it xD

I wish you all the best for your development I hope you can figure out how to port it on android device. If you need a beta tester for Android devices (I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 Mini), then as Reggie says: My body is ready :)

I made a game called chansey's catch (which was from Pokemon Stadium 2), but I lost it on my old computer :( ! Considering that's eggs (a central part of this game), including something like that wouldn't be too difficult ;) !

Years
I made a game called chansey's catch (which was from Pokemon Stadium 2), but I lost it on my old computer :( ! Considering that's eggs (a central part of this game), including something like that wouldn't be too difficult ;) !

Nice :) Can't wait until it's finally out!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
The Pokedex and the Achievements are now up!

On another note, another feature I'm thinking of is Pokemon as a prize if you meet your step goal on a holiday! They'll be shiny!

togepi.png
meowth.png
exeggcute.png
misdreavus.png
snover.png

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Interesting concept- I've recently been learning Swift and using x-code for app development. I like the idea of using it as a general health/pedometer app; it really has some potential for the download market and appstore.

I think with the recent version of x-code, you can produce functionality to sync with an Apple watch- just an idea for the future.

Good luck with your app!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Interesting concept- I've recently been learning Swift and using x-code for app development. I like the idea of using it as a general health/pedometer app; it really has some potential for the download market and appstore.

I think with the recent version of x-code, you can produce functionality to sync with an Apple watch- just an idea for the future.

Good luck with your app!

Ah, I'm planning to use swift as well! :)
I haven't started coding yet because I am getting a new laptop and want to start the whole thing fresh on it!

Thank you! I didn't consider the apple watch, that would be another fun challenge! So many ideas, how fun!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years

POKEFARM
for iPhone

HELP WANTED

It's nearly that time to start developing! To make this app, I would like to enlist the help of some people!

• Coders - this program will be made in Xcode using the swift programming language. If you have experience in that language I would greatly appreciate your help! Some features I would like to integrate include:
    Apple Heath Integration
    Fitbit API Integration
    Accelerator/Step Counter
  • Spriters - most graphics are ripped directy from the games, but certain sprites will need to be made. If you are capable of mimicking the Pokemon sprite style, your help would be greatly appreciated! Sprites that will be needed include:
    VS Sprites for regular trainers, Yellow, and Blue
    Overworld Sprites for Yellow and Blue
  • Creative Designers - If you just want to add some good ideas or features you think would be great to have, let me know :) !

I myself am not the most experienced in swift and xcode, but am making this app to learn! All in all if you choose to help it will be a relaxed environment and a rewarding experience! If you are interested in helping, PM me or post in this thread :) !

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Whoops triple posting but I have some good news!

Development has begun :) !
I am currently using the SpriteKit framework and it is very easy to use, fortunately (unless I am using it wrong (I probably am))! I'm just playing around with it, I seem to have a nice little menu in the works, I will try to see if I can get a little intro scene like in the mock up to work nicely before posting some screens!

Of course, I will need to start making some classes for items, Pokemon, areas, trainers, teams, achievements, and the like soon, so if anyone would like to help with this project please let me know :) !

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Spoiler:

A little update!

I am messing around in xCode and it is really fun :) !
I tested in the SpriteKit framework and decided against it. Spritekit is usually used for 2D games in swift but this game isn't so much a game per se, and there is very little animation and no collision detection so a single view application should be fine hopefully!

I was not aware of how much coding can be avoided by using storyboards! Most of the stuff I have done so far was just in those hehe. I have the menu working fairly well, but I have to start populating those menus with tableviews and collection views with actual data.

I have started messing around with creating classes and have made a static player variable, and I can display player's pokemon and other details to the screen! How fun :) !

The next major milestone is getting core data to work (to get data to stay between saves (I think)), then putting the data on the screen :)

------------------​

Also, considering I am importing the data via csv excel files, it may be easier to include more Pokemon than I thought - maybe even the 493 from gen VI and below!

If anyone would like to help with this project please let me know :)

Thanks again guys!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Spoiler:

some large screens of the progress!
Quite a bit has been done, proud to say!
A little glitchy with the teams, and achievements and leaderboards and statistics have not been implemented, but they are on the way :)

Any tips for what I should add/display of data is greatly appreciated :) !

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Great work so far. It looks like you've made a lot of progress on this project!
I'd like to help out here and there if I could, I'm pretty fluent with Swift and java (if you wanted to include an android app), but I'm currently working hard to finish my current game project. If you would like some help doing some simple tasks, I'd probably be able to help for awhile. :)

Years
Just out of curiosity, do you plan to try and put it on the iOS App Store? I know Apple is very strict with what they allow, so you may encounter problems in that regard.
That being said, this looks like a pretty neat project.

Years
I love the look of all this. Especially those GUI's like the one of steps needed to unlock a place. I think I will have to borrow a friends phone >.> man why iphone >.< although I don't think that friend would actually lend me his phone T.T

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Great work so far. It looks like you've made a lot of progress on this project!
I'd like to help out here and there if I could, I'm pretty fluent with Swift and java (if you wanted to include an android app), but I'm currently working hard to finish my current game project. If you would like some help doing some simple tasks, I'd probably be able to help for awhile. :)

Thank you! I thought making this app would be harder, but right now it's not too bad! The code itself works - it may not be optimised, but it works haha!

Just out of curiosity, do you plan to try and put it on the iOS App Store? I know Apple is very strict with what they allow, so you may encounter problems in that regard.
That being said, this looks like a pretty neat project.

I don't plan to release this to the app store! They probably wouldn't let me anyway! I was planning to get the apple developers program so I can access the healthkit api and get the walking to walk properly, then once it works enough to be playable I can release it to a limited number of devices (100 I think) without using the app store! I'll also release the xcode project as well if some other people want it!

I love the look of all this. Especially those GUI's like the one of steps needed to unlock a place. I think I will have to borrow a friends phone >.> man why iphone >.< although I don't think that friend would actually lend me his phone T.T

Thank you! I have an iphone, so I used that for a base! I do know quite a bit of java and am learning Mobile Game Development in Android Studio, but I don't know if I'll try to make it for Android :(

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
Years
What about releasing it for iPhones users with jailbroken devices? You could reach more than 100 people.

Back