• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me tune my deck please~

Azurumi Shinji

Pervy sage!~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Hello , i am getting into the pokemon card game after many , many years of retirement and back then i was super nooby and now i am simply nooby lol...I read up on every B/W-X/Y card i could find and learn about the game meta and it seems like its heavy meta focused with little room to work with , but i still want to try to make a very fun deck that is made out of what i love and still do good.

Goal 1 : Make a deck that is stable , like...a deck that has a low chance of drawing the wrong cards and ofc give my opponent a hard time = p. That is my main goal since its mostly for fun.

DECK STRATEGY : It is a fairy deck with a mixed bag of tricks such as , high search power and energy cards to help get the awkward leader of the deck out...goodra ( i LOVE goodra , so he is forced into here kinda) and i plan to put rocky helmet on him , heal him to stall for rocky helmet damage and use pok'e ability to protect goodra from status effects so there forced to activate my rocky helmet. lastly , i have a lot of fast switch out power and cards to force them to switch to help stall for heals and or pick on there weak pokemon to make up for my low damage.

DECK PROBLEMS? : I think my damage is to low , i might have to much evolution's , i might have not enough energy for MY deck , i might have cards that do the same thing as others but worse , rocky helmet might be pointless? and...my damage me be way to damn low in this meta that seems to be about one shot killing.

Deck list : B/w - X/Y
POKEMON
Eevee - 80/111 x3 ( seems like my bread and butter until goodra comes ,i think its VERY good since its practically a sylveon with instant evolution)
Sylveon - 72/111 x3 ( enough said )

Goomy - 72/106 x2 ( I)
Sliggoo - 73/106 x2 ( LOVE)
Goodra - 74/106 x2 ( GOODRA)

Flabebe - 63/106 x2 ( lame..)
Floette - 65/106 x2 ( mediocre)
Florges - 66/106 x2 ( EPIC GAME CHANGING POWER?!)

Swirlix - 24/39 x2 ( crap)
Slurpuff - 95/146 x2 ( amazing bench ability to protect rocky helmet goodra and friends , hard to live without it)

Xerneas - XY05 - XY Holo Promo x1 ( plop a rocky helmet on him and spam his energy assist attack like a sacrifice , stall with heals if needed)
ITEMS
Fairy Garden - 117/146 x3 ( feels super OP to me , so many uses)
Heavy Ball - 88/99 x1 ( this is just to help get goodra out)
Level Ball - 89/99 x2 ( this gets almost anything out , to help setup my rocky goodra combo)
Pokemon Catcher - 95/98 x3 ( Gust of wind was my favorite card as a kid...so now its back)
Pokemon Center Lady - 105/106 x3 ( I LOVE this full art card , it looks pervy to me for some reason...i REALLY want it)
Professor's Letter x2 ( i need it to get that pesky water energy for goodra my loveable anchor)
Rocky Helmet x3 ( helps me do damage when heal stalling and spamming xerneas and florges attacks)
Shauna - 127/146 x1 ( Shauna is my guilty rule 34 pleasure...must have...i hope. OH and helping my hand out seems very nice)
Skyla - 134/149 x4 ( mmmmm seaching power seems like the most important thing to have , seach for haevy ball and get goodra with it , YAY)
Rock Guard x1 ( was gonna do scoop until i learned about this card, 120 damage from a item easily? yes please.)

ENERGY
fairy x10 ( i used to run like 20-25 energy...this was really hard to do...is it over kill tho?)
Rainbow Energy - 104/123 x2 ( i neeeed it for my goodra as a compromise to my fairy)
water energy x2 ( goodra. meh. maybe i should swap them out for more rainbow?)

Sooo how good is my deck? I will be making this and another deck , a super fast and high damage deck and maybe a charizard deck to and just play with my brother who doesnt even collect pokemon cards , but still plays with me if i lend him a deck. I dont plan to enter a tournament's tho like i do in yu gi oh.

P.S Can you put a tool on a bench pokemon (i think you can)? can a pokemon have multiple tools on it at the same time( i doubt it)?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
I'd recommend using 4 of the Rainbow Energy, as well as 2 Water Energy. Goodra is useful, I'll agree, but don't base the whole deck around it. Also, WAY too many Stage 2s and not enough Rare Candy. Florges and Goodra are a pain to set up. And Heavy Ball and Level Ball won't be in rotation much longer - you'll need to use Ultra Balls and Poke Balls. Rock Guard is good, I'll agree, but you should use Computer Search. Best ACESPEC ever. Also, a better idea than the Scoop Up Cyclone is the Super Scoop Up. Does the same thing, if you flip a heads.

Yes you can attach a Pokemon Tool to your bench, but you can attach more than one tool to only one card: Sigilyph (the TCG Amazing Abilities Pokemon) from Plasma Blast.

Also, DO NOT SPEAKETH OF THE YU! GI! OH! ON POKECOMMUNITY!

There. Otherwise I like your deck!

Azurumi Shinji

Pervy sage!~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
THANK YOU for your help , i hope i can get more help from you on this

. I forgot to mention that i had to many evolutions probably.

Man oh man it is TOUGH to make a first deck. I wanted like 20 different pokemon at first , so as you can see i came a long way to shrink it down this much.

Ok first off , the rare candy...i remember seeing this card and the reason i did not add it to my deck is because " this card turns a charmander , into a charizard? That sounds to OP , i dont want it". I do not like things that are over powered or under powered....like seriously ,it actually skips the stage one , and makes it a final form? holy crap...

Next the energy , evolutions and goodra. Ok , i will try to shove those energy into my deck , but i just need to figure out what to remove...i am thinking i can remove all of my slurple line , thats 4 cards ( so less evolutions , add the 2 rainbows like you wanted) and then add two rare candy. how does that sound?
Thank you for the pokeball tip , the level ball was kinda OP anyways to me so i will switch those out for ultra balls. Also i dont want luck based cards in this deck , i will make another deck in the future for that.

I think i will use computer search for my next deck. I know its wrong ,but i looove rock guard on goodra. and even tho florges like goodra is a ***** to setup , at least if i get florbes up i can EASILY get anything out like a computer search on steroids , making goodra's setup easy now...which is why i cant give her up in my opinion.

lol sorry i couldnt help my self , i figured speaking the Y word would be taboo XD
And thanks you very much =)

P.s can i remove one floette and one sligoo , and add 2 more rare candy? ( 4 rare candy total)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Rare candy isn't as OP as you think. You have to have the stage two in your hand when you play it.
I totally understand removing super scoop ups. I have terrible coin luck so I know what it's like.
Try the Aromatisse line from XY base. It's overpowered. The ability lets you move fairy energy around at no cost and compliments Xerneas well.

I would not recommend removing evolutions. Just remove two unnecessary cards. 4 stadiums doesn't work. You need two at most.

Setting up Goodra is ok, so long as you have a strong attacker that is stage 1 or basic that can get you through until Goodra or Florges is ready.

that's all. You will need to play test it extensively. Watch for EXs. You're vulnerable through being a non-EX deck.

Azurumi Shinji

Pervy sage!~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Yea i didnt see that , good point.
I have horrible luck to.
I dont understand aromatisse....why is it good to move around energy from one poke to another?
Bad news i couldnt wait for you and i got the deck and i removed the slurpuffs -_-
Ya maybe 3 arena is to much , i will make it two now i think.
My strong " basic" pokemon is sylveon , great staller since it steals energy.

Also im only playing against decks i made against my brother for now , and since i hate ex pokemon i wont have to worry about them =p

Sooo i already got the deck...sounds like its not good since i removed my stage ones for for a eevee , sylveon and two rare candy. i did the energy thing you said to do as well.

So do i lack basic pokemon? i feel like i wont draw any and have to keep doing mulligan.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
You have 10 Basics so you should be fine. If anything you've got slightly too much. The old Eelektrik decks ran 7 pokemon basic (9 total) and 35 trainers! Slurpuff is alright, especially since it's ability is amazing. Aromatisse has a handy ability because if you need to move energy in a jam you just move it.

Azurumi Shinji

Pervy sage!~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Ok so 8-11 is probably the entire range i can use then ( basic pokemon). cool.

I guess i cant understand aomatisse because i havent played enough to been in those situations .

Also a new question. Does it matter if i draw my prize cards before i draw my hand? I know in the rule book it technically lists to draw your hand first , but do i NEED to?

I ask this because i think it would increase my odds of drawing a basic pokemon on the first turn which is what i am desperate to do.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
What do you mean draw your prize cards? Do you mean when you start a match. Either way the process is, as i understand it, something like.

Shuffle Cards
Cut
Coin Flip for who choses order
Draw 7 cards for hand
Place Basic
Place 6 prizes
Draw extra cards for mulligan
Place Basics

Back