• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I love that game. I play it, alot as well. My main is Yoshi. Bowser, Pokemon Trainer, and Olimar are my secondaries. I'm also available for wifi battles from time to time.

Years
I have always been a fan of Kirby and Lucario on that game. Kirby with the eating, transforming and becoming an anvil is just pretty darn amazing and Lucario with it's Pokemon moves; just amazing.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I love that game sooooooooo much. I play it all the friggin time! I have two mains, Pikachu and Toon Link, but I also play as Marth, G&W, and Zelda/Sheik sometimes. I passed adventure mode in hard mode and might do a third run in intense mode soon!

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I play that game, if my disc lets me. My four main characters are Zero suit Samus, Dedede, Peach and Bowser. My favorite final smash is Kirby's. I am trying to get Meta-ridley's trophy but it's hard.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Brawl is amazing; too bad my Wii finally broke when I was playing it with my brother and our neighbors. Can't wait for the Wii U and 3DS titles.

Years
I love that game sooooooooo much. I play it all the friggin time! I have two mains, Pikachu and Toon Link, but I also play as Marth, G&W, and Zelda/Sheik sometimes. I passed adventure mode in hard mode and might do a third run in intense mode soon!
Haha, Toon Link was crazy good, perhaps slightly OP. I remember that was the only character I could never defeat, oh well.

I really hope they make a new version of this game on the Wii U, it deserves some sort of reincarnation as a more developed game, maybe more characters; add variety to the game. I didn't particularly enjoy the campaign, wasn't the funnest, I preferred the close combat styled gameplay instead of just roaming around killing a bunch of weak beings and then a boss...

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It's a fun game to play with others and....that's all there is to it. On a technical level and as a Fighting game, it's a disappointment compared to Melee.

If it weren't for the facts that the only other people I know who play Smash are actually pretty bad and that Wario and Snake are in (and incredibly fun to use) I'd be playing Melee more. But eh.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It's a fun game to play with others and....that's all there is to it. On a technical level and as a Fighting game, it's a disappointment compared to Melee.

If it weren't for the facts that the only other people I know who play Smash are actually pretty bad and that Wario and Snake are in (and incredibly fun to use) I'd be playing Melee more. But eh.

Sakurai regretted what Melee became, so he created Brawl, as well as future installments, to be different from Melee and he wanted it: a party game.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Sakurai regretted what Melee became, so he created Brawl, as well as future installments, to be different from Melee and he wanted it: a party game.
Brawl was intended to be a party game and I acknowledge that fact, however as a fighting games enthusiast I am disappointed. Regardless, it is a very fun game and I do love it.

I doubt the next Smash game is going to be the same case here however, given that Namco Bandai is helping, and the Tekken team is focusing on it, so we might actually get a balanced and technical game with some simple mechanics for everyone.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Brawl was intended to be a party game and I acknowledge that fact, however as a fighting games enthusiast I am disappointed. Regardless, it is a very fun game and I do love it.

I doubt the next Smash game is going to be the same case here however, given that Namco Bandai is helping, and the Tekken team is focusing on it, so we might actually get a balanced and technical game with some simple mechanics for everyone.

But Super Smash Bros. was never meant to be a serious fighting game, so why bother? If you want something similar that more like your traditional fighter, try out Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Sakurai has already stated that no future SSB title will ever be like Melee, so I'm sure Namco will respect his decision.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
But Super Smash Bros. was never meant to be a serious fighting game, so why bother? If you want something similar that more like your traditional fighter, try out Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Sakurai has already stated that no future SSB title will ever be like Melee, so I'm sure Namco will respect his decision.
"Pokemon isn't meant to be deep, why bother adding EVs and all that?", "Mario is supposed to be a simple easy platformer, why bother adding secret tough levels and encouraging speed runs?", etc. It's called designing a game, and as a developer, it should be a priority to please as much as you could and build a community. If Kid Icarus: Uprising is anything to go by, I think Sakurai finally understands this.

Also I will never consider PSASBR a traditional fighter. Not with that stupid "super only kill" mechanics. Should have mentioned Street Fighter, as PSASBR hilariously enough lacks the depth that Smash has.

I have never ever said it should be like Melee. And it doesn't have to be.

Years
Haven't played in a while, though I do believe I could still cause some serious PWNAGE with Kirby, Lucario, or Pikachu. (Yeah, minis rule like that.)

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
I like it! One of the best Wii games ever made in my opinon. I really like the storyline except for the last main level, I forget it, but it's that maze one. Got no effing idea how to finish it. :|

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Haha, Toon Link was crazy good, perhaps slightly OP. I remember that was the only character I could never defeat, oh well.

I really hope they make a new version of this game on the Wii U, it deserves some sort of reincarnation as a more developed game, maybe more characters; add variety to the game. I didn't particularly enjoy the campaign, wasn't the funnest, I preferred the close combat styled gameplay instead of just roaming around killing a bunch of weak beings and then a boss...

I will say that Toon Link is a better Link than regular Link. Regular Link is too heavy to manage, while Toon is like a feather and can fly with breeze. :)

I heard there's actually a Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U in the making...or at least that's what I read...somewhere. Well, time to wait 3-4 years to play that one lmao

Years
I will say that Toon Link is a better Link than regular Link. Regular Link is too heavy to manage, while Toon is like a feather and can fly with breeze. :)

I heard there's actually a Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U in the making...or at least that's what I read...somewhere. Well, time to wait 3-4 years to play that one lmao
As Spino said, I really do hope they improve the mechanics in the game when/if they release a new version of the game. If they could add more characters and movesets that would be awesome; perhaps include combo attacks and make the map's a bit bigger and more gameplay affecting; as in it would be trickier for the player to survive because of the map - maybe it could have things that push the player back or something along those lines.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I use to play it quite a lot to be honest. When it first came out, I used to tell my self: "I NEED TO GET THAT GAME!!!1!". I played and played and played it then I eventually grew out of it or.. grew sick of it really haha.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
"Pokemon isn't meant to be deep, why bother adding EVs and all that?", "Mario is supposed to be a simple easy platformer, why bother adding secret tough levels and encouraging speed runs?", etc. It's called designing a game, and as a developer, it should be a priority to please as much as you could and build a community. If Kid Icarus: Uprising is anything to go by, I think Sakurai finally understands this.

But pleasing everyone is a bad thing because of broken fanbases and fan dumb; just ask SEGA with their Sonic games.

Also I will never consider PSASBR a traditional fighter. Not with that stupid "super only kill" mechanics. Should have mentioned Street Fighter, as PSASBR hilariously enough lacks the depth that Smash has.

What I meant is a fighting game that has similar gameplay to SSB but stays closer to traditional fighters like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

Years
The thing is though, if SSBB became something closer to Mortal Kombat and such, it would be forgetting the fact that these are our favorite childhood characters. These sort of games are meant to be "fun combat-y" so the children would still enjoy it without all the violence. I don't think that parents' would enjoy their children stabbing Kirby and blood squirting out of the top of it's head. After all, the main audience are the sort of youth's but still make it fun for teenagers/young adults. Yes, SSBB needs some improvements to mechanics so it's not the same 'smash/hit, blow out of the map', but not in a violent manner.

Back