• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Descent into Darkness

Years
  • Seen today
I'd like a spot reserved for instructor please... glad to see that the RP is up

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
BIG IMPORTANT POST:

What is the base of the RP? Is it purely PMD-based because the guild sounds a lot like an academy?

To clear things up, the RP is a mixture between PMD, Pokemon Conquest and an Academy-style thing. As the plot builds, it will become more orientated towards the first two as opposed to the last.

What does Four Quarters look like?

First, imagine a square. Now cut the square into quarters. V[FONT=&quot]iolà[/FONT]! There is the guild from the bird's eye view. Of course it is more complicated though, with each different quarter owned to each different house. However, the names of the quarters are not the names of the house. The North-Eastern quarter, which faces the sea and named Spring is owned by Natural Grace. The North-Western quarter, which named Summer is owned by Iron Guard. The South-Eastern quarter, which also faces the sea and named Winter is owned by Water Cloak. Lastly, the South-Western quarter, which named Autumn is owned by Healer's Veil. Each quarter looks like the season they named after, with Spring having blooming flowers, and Winter having snow, etc.

What are the roles of Instructors, and what are the roles of Members?

Instructors are supposed to act like mentors for members while still exploring mystery dungeons and hunting outlaws. They have the right to deal out punishment (though they will be punished by house heads, i.e. the founders of the houses, for too strict punishment or abusive behaviour) and you could say that members assigned to instructors are almost their responsibility. The minimum age of instructors will be reduced, as I don't see why instructors can't be young. Instructors can organise classes for members after making a request to the house heads and can train members in a field or go on a group mystery dungeon.

Members, on the other hand, are more like students or independants who can choose who they want to be their instructor, which classes they take part in, which missions they undertake. The priviledges of being a member include the ability to ask instructors for help on reasonable tasks.

How old are the heads of each house?

Right, so the guys were around in the war, and most of them would have been in there late twenties to early forties about that time so I would say that the heads are around 40-60 years old around about the time of the RP as 15 years since the war's end have passed.

The original four teams feature the following Pokémon:

Iron Guard: Golurk (leader), Ferrothorn, Infernape
Rain Cloak: Frosslass (leader), Vaporeon, Accelgor
Healer's Veil: Mienshao (leader), Garchomp, Reuniclus
Natural Grace: Sawsbuck (leader), Togekiss, Altaria

Pokémon can wear clothes, so should they?

It would make sense for each Pokémon in a house to wear that house's uniform, right? As for during the war, some Pokémon would have worn armour to help reduce damage taken.

Last edited:

Warbound

Iron Guard Instructor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
BIG IMPORTANT POST:
The North-Western quarter, which named Summer is owned by Iron Fist.

wot.

No but in all seriousness I like the sound of this.

BIG IMPORTANT POST:
It would make sense for each Pokémon in a house to wear that house's uniform, right? As for during the war, some Pokémon would have worn armour to help reduce damage taken.

This also sounds reasonable.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
haha. I can't wait to start posting. HURRY UP JOV MAN! teehee, can't wait for an 8 year old froslass to deal out punishments to the rookies!

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I wanted to tell you that my character will be in Iron Guard. However I won't be able to post my SU till Saturday. Latest Sunday.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
:3 I don't have exams till year 9, and I'm currently year 8, so I'm sorry if I lack too much detail in my posts... Dont judge just coz I'm young! I'm gcse B-standard in matchs and (im not sure what the equivelent of a 7c is in english - ah well) so I got to say I'm doing pretty well! (I dont mean to brag) Haha, I just wanted to put that point across just incase!

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
There is actually a chance that I'm younger than you because I skipped a year and started early, so no hard feelings. :P

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
wow that seems pretty ****ed up jov, ahaha. How unorganised can you get. I mean you skipped a year, who does that!

Yes i am the first to post, along with a bit of humour to get things going! OMG I just can't wait to use Opel some more, I just love it how she's a young mentor and she's kinda crazy! Just look at my IC post and then you decided whether she's crazy or not!

Last edited:

Ashygirl

Ash is my bae!
Years
Just made my post. sorry it's a little short I'm sure they'll get longer as the plot builds. :)

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
ashygirl do you wanna develop our plots together as Opel being your instructor? I definately want to go on a few missions with you, but I'll wait for Jov's advice on to what the instructors have been informed (I mean like wait for Jov to tell us what our charectors may have been told to do at a meeting or something.) Also Jov, in the centre of the 4 quarters is there gonna be some kind of grand meeting hall for the instructors?

Ashygirl

Ash is my bae!
Years
It sounds fun especially with someone like Opel but isn't she a Water Cloak instructor? Sy is part of the Iron Guard group. Although if Jov says it's okay then I'd love too. :)

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
true but knowing opel, she's that kinda person who can fit in anywhere and get what she wants, im sure she can manipulate some one :) She may be a water cloak, but I got to say she's probablies the best teacher/instructor in this guild!

Back