• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you still play the fifth generation games?

pkmin3033

I may replay Black 2 someday (Black is a storage game, so it won't ever get replayed again unless I decide to go dex-filling when I replay Black 2) for a Challenge or something, but it won't be for a while yet I imagine. I didn't mind Gen V, but I'm in no hurry to revisit it.

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
Years
I still do! These were the games that made me love Pokemon again after many years of not really playing or even thinking about it.

The only thing stopping me from replaying through Black again is that I have a Victini that, yes I can transfer off, but I can't have a Victini in game again after that -- and that makes me a sad master of illusions :(

Nakala Pri

Nah, not really, but I'm planning to play Pokemon Black 2 soon, maybe do some Shiny hunting. :D

Favourite generation so I guess I'm bound to get back into it sooner or later. xD

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2016
Still playing it. After having Pokemon black way back since it came out, I still haven't gotten 1 Pokemon to lvl 100!!! I restarted the game well over a dozen times already!

isael-21

Just a computer guy
Years
I finished Black 2 and have the save file. Finished Platinum and Currently playing Heartgold to then transfer all of the pokemon to Black 2 and then to X and then to AS -_-

... Yeah. But I didn't play 4th nor 5th gen before so...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gen V games are actually among my highest replayed Pokemon games. Right behind RSE even, and if you know me, you know I replay RSE 2-3 times a year so...that's a lot, haha. I haven't played them in a while though with the Wifi being taken away, Pokecheck being down (so no reason to RNG really), etc. I've been thinking about them a lot lately and need to give Unova another playthrough sometime soon. :) I'll always make time to revisit Unova. It's not my favorite region, but I find the Unova games to be really fun, the battle scenes and sprites are nice, and it's just fun to go through. I find they have a much higher replay value than XY, personally.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Gen V is just a tad too slow for me when I want to do Challenges, so I stick to what I'm used to: Gens 1-3 and sometimes 4. If it played a little faster, I wouldn't mind all the Pokemon I don't particularly like.

Short answer: no

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I play Gen V for my challenges, but I rotate between Gen I, II, III, IV, V & VI. So it all depends which Gen I feel like playing :P

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I used to play Gen V so many times doing the challenges; but now, I find that going through the dialog again and again on every restart makes the process boring. I still have those games, but I'm not playing them very much these days.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
No I no longer play it. B/W is my least favourite Pokemon game/gen. I didn't even get to the 8th gym before I got bored. I guess it's because I didn't like the new pokemon they added into gen v. I traded in masses of Pokemon I wanted to actually train and play with.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
I don't like Fifth Gen pokemon that much. Cuz they look too cartoony to me. But yeah the story and it's execution was amazing. And who can forget all those rich new environments!

Years
I don't, although I easily still have access to them. The only reason I'd still pick up my Gen V games these days is to either breed within those games, or just transfer to Gen VI.

Years
I'm playing Blaze Black 2 cause I still haven't finished it O_O; Hopefully I'll have enough money saved by the time I finish it to get AS or I'm going to play Platinum, which I have yet to even play.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2015
Nah. After I beat White I gave it and my DS to a little boy I saw playing Gameboy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Nope. I actually lost my copy of White and White 2. I can't find them anywhere. I probably lost them while on vacation somewhere since I tend to take a lot of games with me on vacations. But you know what? Even if I did have them, they would probably just stay on the shelf. They were my least favorite games, and I don't have an interest in playing them at all really.

Back