• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ametrine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hey I like the way this game has progressed :)
I like your mapper's use of different tree types in a semi-random pattern.. Never thought about that before..
The transparent water is amazing, it is animated at all?

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
Cool update! Just wondering: why is it that in the screenshots of the character talking to their pokemon, the pokemon is sometimes on the bottom right, and sometimes on the top right? is there a reason that it's not always the same?

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
I enjoyed the read on this. I'm following and hope you succeed in completing this.
Me too, thanks!

Hey I like the way this game has progressed :)
I like your mapper's use of different tree types in a semi-random pattern.. Never thought about that before..
The transparent water is amazing, it is animated at all?
Transparent water is stolen from Pokémon Garnet, but yes, it's animated. xd

Cool update! Just wondering: why is it that in the screenshots of the character talking to their pokemon, the pokemon is sometimes on the bottom right, and sometimes on the top right? is there a reason that it's not always the same?
Well, I just put the Pokémon on top of a screenshot to show off some sprites. Basically the reason was that Espacis (the water starter) wouldn't fit in the right corner, he'd make the text illedgable. So I also put Zorua in the upper right corner for the variation. =3

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Kinda liked it how it was when I first saw it. Just the sprites and the no Fakemon.
Anyways, I'll still play it cause the amazing story.

Kinda liked it how it was when I first saw it. Just the sprites and the no Fakemon.
Anyways, I'll still play it cause the amazing story.

Last edited:

The Dewitty

Years
Small update! You might already have seen it on dA, but we have new starters! The actual thread will be updated with the next big update.
Amux_Starters_V2_by_Dewitty.png

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Wow Dewitty, this has seriously improved ince last time I saw it. The thread looks a lot better now (apart from the logo not fitting, but that's an easy fix). Those snowy areas are great, they seriously look cold, I really like the transparent ice too, it remind me of last winter!

Since all of the Town/House screens are gone, are you revamping them?

Those newer sprites are much better now, they match the Poke overworlds too.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
@PeekyChew

He probably is revamping them, considering the fact that the 5th Generation Characters are much taller, and it would be strange if the character was larger than the door >.<

Anyways, I really like the game Dew. Although, maybe you should probably resize the sprites of the Pokemon during the message box, since they kind of look stretched out and it just doesn't seem to fit in with everything.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I don't care for the new starters. They seem pretty dull to me. And the fact that all of them start with nearly the same body type is kind of uninspired. :\

val

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2011
hey dewitty i saw the banner for youre game and i want to know, where can i get tiles like those cause i really need them for my upcoming game. If you could provide them that would alright thx

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
hey dewitty i saw the banner for youre game and i want to know, where can i get tiles like those cause i really need them for my upcoming game. If you could provide them that would alright thx

Please if your gunna post stuff like this do it in VM of PM, and at lease add something about the game its self.
Anyway, Dew the starters them selves look good, however the second evolutions could do with a bit of a buff up, I dunno Its a bit hard to explain, but they just look a bit to weak to be second stage evolutions.

The Dewitty

Years
@PeekyChew

He probably is revamping them, considering the fact that the 5th Generation Characters are much taller, and it would be strange if the character was larger than the door >.<

Anyways, I really like the game Dew. Although, maybe you should probably resize the sprites of the Pokemon during the message box, since they kind of look stretched out and it just doesn't seem to fit in with everything.
The sprited showed when interacting to a Pokémon aren't actually there in-game. I just pasted them in to show off the similarity between the sprites and the overworlds.

I don't care for the new starters. They seem pretty dull to me. And the fact that all of them start with nearly the same body type is kind of uninspired. :\
Well.. okay, thanks for giving your opinion. But I personally like them alot more than the previous ones.

You ain't gonna get em, sorray.

Please if your gunna post stuff like this do it in VM of PM, and at lease add something about the game its self.
Anyway, Dew the starters them selves look good, however the second evolutions could do with a bit of a buff up, I dunno Its a bit hard to explain, but they just look a bit to weak to be second stage evolutions.
Weak? XD I don't see what you mean, I personally find them looking equal in strength to all the other 2nd stage starters.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Small update! You might already have seen it on dA, but we have new starters! The actual thread will be updated with the next big update.
Amux_Starters_V2_by_Dewitty.png

Well it's certainly an improvement. I really like the Fire line, but am less keen on the others. I take it that Water becomes Water/Steel, is the Grass going to be Grass/Psychic eventually?

I just noticed something about the region map.

amux.png

Sorry for being a bain with my almost mechanical rationality but the towns in the bottom left are right next to each other, yet require a huge detour via mountains of all things. I know it's only a game and pokemon makes no sense anyway but is there really a reason for this?

It's definately getting better with time. Can't wait for a demo!

Atomic Reactor

Why aren't you listening to Alucus or Yuoaman?
What's the point in showcasing this if you're not going to listen to suggestions?

The Dewitty

Years

Well it's certainly an improvement. I really like the Fire line, but am less keen on the others. I take it that Water becomes Water/Steel, is the Grass going to be Grass/Psychic eventually?

I just noticed something about the region map.

amux.png

Sorry for being a bain with my almost mechanical rationality but the towns in the bottom left are right next to each other, yet require a huge detour via mountains of all things. I know it's only a game and pokemon makes no sense anyway but is there really a reason for this?

It's definately getting better with time. Can't wait for a demo!
Nice to know! Yeah... I really don't know why those towns are so close to each other, lol... Well, is it that of a big problem? :3

Why aren't you listening to Alucus or Yuoaman?
What's the point in showcasing this if you're not going to listen to suggestions?
Who says I'm not listening to suggestions? Alot of things they mention are fully opinion based, and everyone has a different opinion. I posted the very same sprites at deviantart, where some people even said they especially liked the things Yuoaman and Alucus disliked. So that's no reason for me to change everything completely, see? :)

Lusidea

Lolwut
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
This game looks brilliant, I love the over worlds of the characters and Pokemon. Can't wait for a demo.

Atomic Reactor

Aww, i forgot to take into account the people from dA ;)
Alrighty, no worries then haha.
Btw, i love the world map.

The Dewitty

Years
Update! =D
Here is a new video! It features the Nightmare Zone, an important part of the game.

Have fun watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back