• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I wanted to post about this when I first read about it, but I wanted to wrap my head around the idea first... and I still haven't. What in the world are epigenetic markers anyway? They were never covered in biology class.

I'm still open about genetic factors, but from what I do understand it is pretty convincing, especially when you think of those cases where you have twins where one is gay and not the other. Or am I just thinking of that one instance where one of the twins ended up being trans? Anyway, I was kinda hoping we'd get to a place where we wouldn't care if someone was gay.

Um, from what I understand epigenetics are kind of like the translation of your genes which give rise to phenotypes/traits, without altering DNA. Supposedly these specific markers come from the opposite gendered parent, which causes homosexuality I guess?

So if I understand it correctly, if my mother gives me sass about being gay I can give her the sass right back because its her fault.

Anyways, if someone is biology-savvy please make like a complex carbohydrate and break this down for us.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
I had a very interesting opportunity to interview someone who identified as a "redneck." Thought I'd share what he had to say.

I think it can either be an overwhelming imbalance of estrogen vs testosterone but I also think that some men/women just prefer the company of a similar mind set and body
pure proof due to seeing buff gays and feminine lesbians
My belief lies on the wrongful denial of any individuals lifestyle or preference

And here's his consent that I asked for xD
Hey do you mind if I shared your opinion on homosexuality with some people. I thought it was an interesting view and wanted to share it
I don't mind at all
I wish more people would be as comfortable
closet casing just leads to unnecessary anger and closeminded people enforce that anger

It's nice to see some openness from a redneck :)

And I'm a bio major, but I don't exactly get what you want broken down. And I'm a microbiology major, not a geneticist so my information might be lacking in that department :/

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
I'm back after such a long time but I have the best news of my life. I don't know what happened, but my sister was able to convince my mother to accept me and I've been finally allowed back home. I've been home for two days now and everything seems fine. She even seems happy about it. Not sure why, but at least she isn't being a prick anymore. I'm so happy :')

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I'm back after such a long time but I have the best news of my life. I don't know what happened, but my sister was able to convince my mother to accept me and I've been finally allowed back home. I've been home for two days now and everything seems fine. She even seems happy about it. Not sure why, but at least she isn't being a prick anymore. I'm so happy :')

That is unbelievably awesome for you! It's nice to see a little bit of good out of that horrific situation.

I'd be a bit light-footed around the topic, though. If she needed to be convinced to let her own son back into the house over a petty thing like being LGBT, it shouldn't be that hard for her to fall off the rocker again.

Good luck though!

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
I think it can either be an overwhelming imbalance of estrogen vs testosterone but I also think that some men/women just prefer the company of a similar mind set and body/

I can completely agree with this- I am much more comfortable around women than men.

I think a bunch of things contribute to homosexuality, but I've always wondered if people are just to fast to slap a label on themselves and stick to it. What's wrong with just falling in love with whoever? Just because you love a women doesn't mean you can never love a man. Then again, I'm sappy and believe in soulmates, so there you go.

Years
I don't believe in soulmates, but I do wish we could all just love without labels.

Destructor, I'm really happy for you. :) With a little luck she may come around completely and become an LGBT supporter.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Aaaaaaa Destructor that is so amazing! I'm so chuffed for you! :D (and I have never used the word 'chuffed' in my life, so that should be a great indicator). Though what I said before still stands - you can now have a confidence that you didn't have before, beacuse you know you have people who will take you in if things go south again. So go forth and enjoy! :D

Scarf said:
I'm still open about genetic factors, but from what I do understand it is pretty convincing, especially when you think of those cases where you have twins where one is gay and not the other. Or am I just thinking of that one instance where one of the twins ended up being trans? Anyway, I was kinda hoping we'd get to a place where we wouldn't care if someone was gay.

I don't think scientific research is really indicative of whether people care if someone is gay or not. I'm gay - so of course I don't give a hoot if other people are gay - and I'm still fascinated to know for sure how it happens. There's a curiosity in the human species to know how things came about and how things work, so I don't think this makes the whole "gay thing" a bigger deal than it should be, I just think it's unravelling another of the mysteries of humankind.

Also guys, look what I did!!

Spoiler:

I was gonna let you all know before I did it so you could all watch it happen if you were awake in my timezone when I did it, but the inspiration struck and I just had to do it :D

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I'm here specifically for that spoiler image. XD I saw that on FB and at first had to figure out that it was you, but then once I did I was like ALKJSDKLA. Proud of you, Andy. 8D <3

I enjoyed some of the comments, omg. xD

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
So, I'm really sorry about this, but I have to change the topic again. Apparently, there's a girl who would like to go out with me (Yeah, she's already crazy if she wants that, but I can't help her), and my friends are constantly trying to set me up with her. They're non-stop talking about nothing but that girl, and I have to come up with a reason to why I can't go out with her. What should I do? I can't just say "Sorry guys, I'm gay, can't go out with her" or something like that. I'm really clueless, my friends can't stop talking about her, and I can't come up with good excuses to not go out with her... what should I do?
Sorry for changing the topic, but I need advice fast, or else I might end up completely avoiding my friends, or worse, admitting to them that I'm gay.
I'm guess I'm not aware of your history or preferences, but this might be a good time to come out, if you're willing. Making excuses probably isn't going to get you very far to be honest. And the old "I don't like her that way" may not fly either. But coming out will definitely solve this problem, and hopefully if your friends are true friends they'll accept that. If you're not willing to come out, you can try to say you don't like her, or maybe that she's annoying or something (I have no clue what she's like). But in my opinion, this would be a good time to come out.

And no need to apologize, there really was no topic lol.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Honestly I would claim to be putting her into the supposedly mythical male friend zone, but that's just me.

I may be coming out on being Bigender soon though, since it's really making me upset when I get into girl mode.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Coming out would definitely be a good thing, if you think you're ready. Guys don't have to like every girl they meet though. Just say you're not interested, she's not your type, she's butt ugly, w/e. I don't see why they couldn't accept that.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
You could just say you don't like the idea of dating someone you don't know. Personally, I don't like the idea of forcefully setting someone up. Just because you're a guy that doesn't want to date a female doesn't mean you're gay, and just being male doesn't mean you're easy to get with either.

If you actually do know her, just let her know you aren't interested. If she gets mad/upset she probably wasn't worth dating anyway (the same goes for guys who get upset at girls who put them in the "friendzone").

Years
Good luck, Alex. I hope everything goes better than you expect.

Guys don't have to like every girl they meet though. Just say you're not interested, she's not your type, she's butt ugly, w/e. I don't see why they couldn't accept that.
But guys who don't put on their bravado (meaning talking about women and how much sex they would like to have with women) are going to have their masculinity questioned, which is likely to make people wonder if you're gay.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Eh, I don't think that's really entirely true. I got outright asked "you think girls are pretty, don't you?" and I hesitated and said, "I guess so", and no one has questioned my sexuality yet.

There was even a lesbian present in the conversation and no one ever said anything about it. Then again, these are people that would be completely accepting of it in the first place. Could be different for people who wouldn't.

Back