• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Mono-Color Challenge

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
Sorry to nitpick, but Gloom is of the Blue Color. Read the official pokedex colors on bulbapedia here. Official colors, I remind you.

First of all did you even read what I wrote saying that Oddish and Gloom are both blue but Vileplume is red and that as soon as I get a leaf stone it will evolve. Plus from what I understood it is the final evolution that counts not the current one.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Since it's my first monocolor challenge I'm going to pal it safe and go with red and single.

Username: acatfrommars
Color: Red
Game: Sapphire

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Well, it sounds like previous posters got it right, but yeah, just confirming that only the color of the final evolution is what matters here, just do your best to evolve it sooner rather than later.

GryphusHUN

Water-type Champion
Years
Mono-Color Challange in Kanto: Day 2
------------------------------------
-Loaded the game in Mt.Moon
-Defeated the trainers,picked up the items,got the Helix Fossil,Griffon leveled up to Lv25, learned: Bite
-Left Mt.Moon
-Entered Cerulean City,Healed my pokemon
-Leveled up Griffon to Lv26
-Defeated Blue at the bridge
-Defeated all the trainers at the bridge,Griffon leveled up to Lv28
-Entered Route 25, defeated all the trainers,Griffon leveled up to Lv30
-Helped out Bill,got back to Cerulean City
-Entered Misty's Gym, defeated the trainers,got the badge
-Defeated the Rocket Grunt in the City
-Entered Route 6, defeatet the trainers,Griffon leveled up to Lv32
-Entered Vermilion City
-Gryphus saved the game in Vermilion City

My team so far:
---------------

Griffon(Wartortle) Level 32
Spr_1b_008.png

Moves:Water Gun,Bubble,Tackle,Bite

Quick Update :333

Mono-Color Challange in Kanto: Day 3
-Loaded the game in Vermilion City
-Caught an Oddish for Cut HM
-Entered S.S.Anne
-Defeated the trainers,Griffon leveled up to: Lv35
-Defeated Blue,Griffon Leveled up to: Lv36,Evolved into Blastoise
-Got HM Cut,teached it to SLAVE(oddish)
-Entered Vermilion City Gym
-Defeated the Trainers and Surge, got the badge,Griffon has reached Lv37
-Got the Bike
-Entered Route 11,defeated the trainers,Griffon has reached Lv39
-Got the Old Rod
-Got HM Flash
-Entered Route 9,defeated the Trainers,Griffon has reached Lv41
-Caught a Voltorb, teached him Flash
-Entered Rock Tunnel
-Defeated all the trainers,Griffon has reached Lv44 he learned: Skull Bash
-Entered Lavender Town
-Entered Pokemon Tower,did all the story stuff,Griffon has reached Lv46
-Entered Route 8,defeated all the Trainers,Griffon has reached Lv47
-Entered Celadon City,Got the badge,Griffon has reached Lv49
-Got Eevee,named him Epicness
-Bought a Water Stone + Some TM-s, so I can make a somewhat "good" pokemon out of Eevee
-Used the Water Stone on Eevee,evolved into Vaporeon
-Entered the Game Corner
-Did all the story stuff,Epicness has reached Lv30,learned Quick Attack,Griffon has reached Lv50
-Got the Silph Scope,went back to Lavender Town
-Did all the story stuff,Epicness has reached Lv31 AND FINALLY LEARNED A WATER-TYPE MOVE :333
-Got the PokéFlute
-Went to the Snorlax,defeated it,Epicness has reached Lv32(This is going pretty quick so far :3)
-Entered Route 12&13,defeated everybody,Epicness has reached Lv35,Griffon has reached Lv51
-Entered Saffron City
-Gryphus has saved the game in Saffron City

My Team So Far:
---------------

Griffon(Blastoise) Level 51
Spr_1b_009.png

Bubblebeam,Bite,Skull Bash,Body Slam

Epicness(Vaporeon) Level 35
Spr_1b_134.png

Water Gun,Take Down,Sand-Attack,Quick Attack

Last edited:

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
I started a Blue Mono-Color in Johto while playing the B-I-N-G-O challenge but never completed it. Would you be alright with me continuing it here. I'll summarize what happened so far if approved.

If so, here's my sign-up:

Username: Orrefan8888
Color: Blue
Game: SoulSilver
Ultimate: Yes but I don't know what games yet.

Sorry to repost the question, but I never got an answer and the question is now buried. Will this be alright jdthebud?

EDIT:
I'm definitely going for Ultimate using the following games: Blue, SoulSilver, Ruby, Pearl, White 2, and Y. SoulSilver would be the current one that I'm asking about.

Last edited:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Update to Pokemon White 2 Mono-Red Run.

-Ground Pokeymanz to Level 20, so that I could grind Lox to Level 20, so that it learns Bubblebeam, so that it could do something.
-Sailed away to Castelia City.
-Took on the Battle Company. (For some reason Poison Tail wasn't super effective on Marill)
-Talked to the harlequins on the way.
-Learned that Burgh wasn't in the Gym.
-Bought a dozen Castelia Cones.
-Followed Iris into the Castelia Sewers.
-Defeated Team Plasma in the Castelia Sewers.
-Met Burgh in the Castelia Sewers.
-Since it was a new day, bought another dozen Castelia Cones.
-Steamrolled the Castelia Gym with Teppy.
-Defeated Colress on Route 4.
-Successfully captured the Braviary that appears on Mondays on Route 4.
-Although she is a trainer first, Nurse Mariah was worth the battle, since her Cleffa was easy to defeat, and I get a free heal afterwards.
-Hunted the Desert Resort for a Dwebble, eventually encountering a good-quality one.

Spoiler:

Team

499.png

Teppy (Pignite Lv. 27)
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Arm Thrust, Defense Curl, Flame Charge, Rollout

543.png

Pokeymanz (Venipede Lv. 21)
Ability: Swarm
Moves: Pursuit, Rollout, Poison Tail, Screech

341.png

Lox (Corphish Lv. 20)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moves: BubbleBeam, Metal Claw, Harden, Vicegrip

628.png

George (Braviary Lv. 25)
Ability: Defiant
Moves: Wing Attack, Hone Claws, Scary Face, Aerial Ace

557.png

Bellhop (Dwebble Lv. 21)
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Sand Attack, Faint Attack, Smack Down, Rock Polish​

The Team finally has a Female Member. Huzzah!

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Sorry to repost the question, but I never got an answer and the question is now buried. Will this be alright jdthebud?

EDIT:
I'm definitely going for Ultimate using the following games: Blue, SoulSilver, Ruby, Pearl, White 2, and Y. SoulSilver would be the current one that I'm asking about.
Oh, sorry I didn't see that what with the onrush of new posts. That's totally fine, and if you can simply link to the last update you had on the other thread if possible that is the best way to do it. Good luck on your ultimate challenge!

I will be offline for the next few days, hopefully that means I will have time to play my Blue Emerald and have an update when I return.

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
Oddly enough, it seems I never got around to updating on the B-I-N-G-O thread, which is especially odd given that I beat the eight Johto gyms.

So here's Update #1 I guess:

Playthrough:

Spoiler:

The Team:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
I finished FireRed.
Final Update:
- After doing a little catching spree (Don't worry I released everything captured except CH'DING the Farfetched not used in any battles) I went on trek through Digglet's Cave to find the guy with HM 05 Flash that Cordecep wanted to learn
- Once I returned to Cerulean I headed to the Rock Tunnel
- As I exited Rock Tunnel I saw Lavender was just ahead so I gave it the last push
- While traveling on Silent Bridge Sriracha evolved
- Upon reaching Celadon City I went into the Dept. Store to get a leaf stone and evolved Nuptup on the spot
- With a poison and fire flying type in my party right now I saw the grass gym as easy pickings (I forgot to take a screenshot of the gym leader)
- After an easy win I went to the Game Corner but I found some Team Rocket grunts inside that needed a good beating
- Once defeated Giovanni ran for the hills dropping the Silph Scope in the process
- After getting HM 02 Fly from a strange girl I taught it to CH'DING to get back to Lavender town
- I saw LAMEO in Pokemon Tower and figured I would apologize for killing his Raticate but he just wanted another battle so he got another beating
- As I approached the final stair's I saw Cubone's mother and Nuptup sucked the dead life out of her
- I then kicked the Rocket grunts out and saved an stupid crazy old man who gave me the answer to my current problem the Pokeflute
- Visited the oldest of the Fisherman brothers and got the Super Rod
- Flew to Vermillion to catch a Poliwhirl and took it to Cerulean to the guy who wanted to trade for a Jynx named ZYNX
- Looked at Zynx's moves and saw they're crap so it's teachy time for water pulse, sat at the slots playing to coins for Ice Beam
- Remembered to pick up the Tea for the Gate Guards to Saffron
- Talked to Mr. Psychic to get the TM for Psychic for ZYNX
- Finished Silent Bridge and all connecting routes
- I think I will take on Koga while ZYNX still wants to listen (she's already at lvl 44)
- With a super rod in hand I flew to Pallet town to fish up a krabby
- After an hour and a half of spamming the F**K out of the super rod I finally found and captured one Krabby and named him Patty
- With a quick clean sweep of the Safari Zone I got HM 03 Surf and some Gold Teeth that I gave to the Warden for HM 04 Strength
- Patty learned to hang ten and push some rocks
- Cleared Cycling Road
- Went to Saffron to beat the fighting dojo and clear out the Silph Co.
- Inside just standing around doing absolutely f**ken nothing was LAMEO who wanted yet another battle that I won
- Giovanni posed no threat to the power of ZYNX and I got a MASTER BALL
- Already leveled up enough to take on Sabrina so she was the next to fall
- While wondering witch gym to take on next I beat both ways to Cinabar and grabbed the secret key from the Pokemon Mansion
- ZYNX just pulsed her through Blaine's gym tanking a FIRE BLAST from a Blaine's Arcanine
- When leaving Blain's gym Bill came to ask me to go to the snevi islands witch I accidentally said yes so I'm going to not talk about those dumb islands because they're is nothing there
- After I returned to Kanto I flew over to Viridian City to beat on Giovanni some more
- On my way to the badge check gates I ran into LAMEO again and he was stupidly easy to beat into the ground
- Victory Road was fun I got to beat even more trainer's senseless
- Traded in a TM of Sludge bomb (Can only get in After Game)
- Taught Sludge bomb to Nuptup over Acid and Giga Drain over over Moonlight
- Taught Sriracha Dragon Claw over Brick Break and Aerial Ace over Wing Attack and Earthquake over Mega Punch
Elite 4
- Nuptup decided to do a little dance for Lorelie and sucked up her Pokemon's souls with Giga Drain (BTW What is Ice Beam's freeze chance becuase every one froze Nuptup)
- Nuptup ate the souls of the Onix and Sriracha did an Areial show for Bruno
- ZYNX psyched Agatha out
- Lance ZYNX Ice Beam and Sriracha Dragon Claw nuff said
- LAMEO was a team effort to beat using what ever could handle the situation

Team:
Sriracha3_zpse23c5ec1.png

Nature: Naughty
Moves: Aerial Ace, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Earthquake
Cordecep_zps76f909c7.png

Nature: Timid
Moves: Scratch, Stun Spore, Cut, Flash
Nuptup2_zps8caf8526.png

Nature: Brave
Moves: Sleep Powder, Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb
ZYNX_zps1c29ca73.png

Nature: Mild
Moves: Lovely Kiss, Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Psychic
Patty_zps3fc19b94.png

Nature: Modest
Moves: Bubble, Leer, Surf, Strength
I hope this one picture is enough if not here is a link to my photobucket account with all the pictures.
HallOfFame_zps9b3085a1.png

So I'm going to start my Pokemon Gold red mono color now.

GryphusHUN

Water-type Champion
Years
Mono-Color Challange in Kanto: The Last Day
-Loaded the game in Saffron City,defeated the pepole in the Dojo for a little xp,Epicness has reached Lv37,Griffon has reached Lv52,he learned Hydro Pump (l w l )
-Entered Silph Co.,did the story,got the stuffs,except for Lapras,he is soo low leveled -.-,I'm sure I don't have to precisely write it down
-Epicness has reached Lv47,learned Bite,Griffon has reached Lv53,learned Earthquake(by a TM),and Hydro Pump
-Wrecked the Gym,got the badges,Epicness has reached Lv49,Griffon has reached Lv54
-Went back to Fusicha,forgot the badge xD
-Wrecked the gym,got the badge,Epicness has reached Lv54,he has learned Hydro Pump(wow, what,I have got Epicness like last "day" and now he is OP as F**K),Griffon has reached Lv55,Got HM Surf and HM Strength,went to Cinnabar Island
-Did all the story stuff,wrecked the gym,went back to Viridian City,wrecked the Gym,Griffon has reached Lv58,Epicness has reached Lv57, he has learned Blizzard(TM)
-GOT ALL DA BADGES B**CHEZ
-Went to Victory Road,did the story
-Fought the Elite4+the champ.
-Won :3

The Winners:
------------

Griffon(Blastoise) Level 66
Spr_1b_009.png

Bubblebeam,Earthquake,Hydro Pump,Bite

Epicness(Vaporeon) Level 60
Spr_1b_134.png

Blizzard,Hydro Pump,Bite,Surf

Soooooo...that was Pokemon Red.....maybe, I will play Diamond for next...idunno....

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
Update 1:
- Started writing after getting Pokeballs
- The first pokemon that I could legally capture is a Spinarak that is green so a named her Aragog
- Boxed Totodile
- Grinded Aragog up to lvl 10 so I doesn't get 1 shot by everything under sun
- Caught a Rattata (HM Salve) named Joey
- Took out the Sages at the Sprout Tower
- To deal with the first trainer in the gym I had to grind Aragog up to lvl 22 she evolved into Ariados (Yay I have a legal Pokemon)
- Caught IVY the Bellsprout (HM slave) so I can use Flash
- When I got to Azalea Town I talked to Kurt so he can deal with the Rocket grunt at the well
- Night Shade delivered a quick victory against Bugsy
- Battled Ginger(Rival) on way to the Ilex Forest a few more night shades
- Thought about catching a paras or oddish for my team but decided against it
- Caught some guys Farfeched and got CUT for Ivy
- Got the Radio on Pokegear
- Ran on ahead so I can get to the bug catching contest while I still can so I can Catch a Scytcher that I named Scissors
- Beat Whiteny the little f**ken cry baby
- Got the squirt bottle and gave the Sudowodo a shower
- Thought about getting Flareon then I saw its stats
- Beat Ginger in the Burnt Tower
- Found and captured Magmos the Magmar
- Beat Morty
- Grinded Scissors and Magmos to lvl 30

Team:
Aragog_zps397fe13f.png
Scissors_zps6bde6cd7.png
Magmos_zpsb8645202.png

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

I got a few questions one of them being can I hack in a metal coat because the first one is in the S.S Aqua. The second being can I hack in a Remariad it is in Johto but requires the super rod to fish up that is in Kanto.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
I got a few questions one of them being can I hack in a metal coat because the first one is in the S.S Aqua. The second being can I hack in a Remariad it is in Johto but requires the super rod to fish up that is in Kanto.

Seeing you need to defeat Red to complete the challenge, not likely...

I got a few questions as well.

-Is there a time limit for a Pokemon to be "of the wrong color" (e.g. once Venipede evolves into Whirlipede, I need to grind it as much as possible (and ignore all other party members) until it becomes a Scolipede)?

-In Pokemon XY (though I lack a 3DS of my own), what if the target color has no Pokemon available before the first gym (The other games can get around this by PokeGen-ing a late game Pokemon, but Pokemon X/Y is a 3DS game, and 3DS is hack-proof)?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
I found out vba can't handle gen 2 trading so I used a universal randomizer to disable trade evolutions.
Update 2:
- The randomizer set Scyther to evolve at lvl 30 so it evolves now.
- Continued grinding everyone up to lvl 33
- Beat the Kimono girls got surf taught to Totodile made it to Mahogany
- Killed the Red Gyardos because it would be called blue
- Blasted Team Rocket out of Mahogany Town
- Beat up Pryce
- Got to Olovine went through lighthouse
- Received the HM Strength
- Got Shuckie(HM slave) to teach strength
- Scissors sweeps Chuck
- Got Secret Potion gave it to Jasmine
- Fire Punched Jasmine's pokes
- Got a call from Prof. Elm telling me to go back to Golden Rod
- Kicked some Rocket Grunts out of the Radio Tower and Beat Ginger
- Caught a Jynx cause how else am I going to deal with Dragon Types named her Frostbite
- Grinded every one up to lvl 45 to beat Clair
- Beat Ginger in Victory Road
- Boxed all HM Slaves
Eilte Four:
- Picked on Will's secondary weaknesses with Magmos
- Koga Magmos sweeps again
- Bruno would be a Frostbite sweep if I had Psychic but I don't so some snow for onix and wings for fighting types
- Karen was a pain in the ass using sand attack and her hounddoom out speed everything on my team so I had to wall its flame with Magmos
- Magmos T- Punched Lance's Gyrados and Charizard Frostbite Ice Punched the Dragonite's and Areodactal
(Had to delete pictures of Clair, Bruno and Lance because people thought Frostbite's old nickname was too inappropriate)

Team:
Aragog2_zps286280fa.png
Scissors2_zps844d366c.png
Magmos2_zps2ba7306c.png
Frostbite_zps21d32de4.png

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
That's harsh language! You're gonna get banned from PokeCommunity! Also, Shiny Pokemon are perfectly fine, so the Red Gyarados should be OK in a Red Monocolor run, even though Gyarados is officially listed as blue, since its Shiny Coloration is Red. (Yes, shiny Pokemon count as 2 colors at once.)

Also, a quick heads up. Grinding my Dwebble, she learned Bug Bite. And more astonishing, Dwebble learns 2 moves at consecutive levels. (It learns Bug Bite at Level 23, and another move at Level 24.)

GryphusHUN

Water-type Champion
Years
Mono-Color Challange in Sinnoh: Day 1
-------------------------------------
-Chosed the female trainer,named myself Gryphus,my rival Diamond
-Got Piplup,named him Griffon as usual
-GOT DA SHOEZ
-Did all the story stuff,got da DeX
-Leveled Griffon up to Lv9,he has learned: Bubble
-GOT DA JOURNAL
-GOT FIVE BUALLS
-Caught a Shinx,named her Mufasa
-Leveled Mufasa up to Lv9,she has learned:Leer,Charge
-Entered Route 202,defeated all the trainers,Griffon and Mufasa has reached Lv10
-Entered Jubilife City
-Gryphus saved the game in Jubilife City

My team so far:
---------------

Mufasa(Shinx) Level 10
Spr_4d_403_m.png

Nature :Brave
Moveset: Tackle,Leer,Charge(yeah it's a piece of s*it)

Griffon(Piplup) Level 10
Spr_4d_393.png

Nature: Bashful
Moveset: Pound,Bubble,Growl

Not too much for first day....i hate No$GBA with its stupid-*ss slow speed up button ._.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Update to Pokemon White 2 Mono-Red Run.

However, I tried to post one before, but PokeCommunity was crass and gave me an "Access Denied, your not logged in." And when I relogged in, it did not post, so now I have to start all over from the begginning of the update.

-Ground Bellhop like Beef (Get the joke?)
-Evolved Bellhop from Dwebble to Crustle.
-Now that I think of it, Dwebble with Eviolite could be superior to Crustle for the Nimbasa Gym, since Crustle is actually SLOWER than Dwebble.
-Defeaed Elesa anyhow...
-The update ends after defeated Team Plasma in Nimbasa City.

Team

499.png

Teppy (Pignite Lv. 28)
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Arm Thrust, Defense Curl, Flame Charge, Rollout

543.png

Pokeymanz (Venipede Lv. 21)
Ability: Swarm
Moves: Pursuit, Rollout, Poison Tail, Screech

341.png

Lox (Corphish Lv. 20)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moves: BubbleBeam, Metal Claw, Harden, Vicegrip

628.png

George (Braviary Lv. 26)
Ability: Defiant
Moves: Wing Attack, Hone Claws, Scary Face, Aerial Ace

558.png

Bellhop (Crustle Lv. 36)
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Dig, Faint Attack, Rock Slide, Bug Bite​

Still afraid of evolving Pokeymanz into a Whirlipede. I would have to grind him like mad until he evolves into a Scolipede, since "wrong color" Pokemon need to evolve as soon as possible.

Also, where's my answer to Pokemon X/Y having no Pokemon of a specific color pre-first gym? Other games can get around this with PokeGen or something similar... but Pokemon X/Y? They're 3DS game. 3DS is a 100% hackproof system. (Too bad I have no 3DS of my own...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
Also, where's my answer to Pokemon X/Y having no Pokemon of a specific color pre-first gym? Other games can get around this with PokeGen or something similar... but Pokemon X/Y? They're 3DS game. 3DS is a 100% hackproof system. (Too bad I have no 3DS of my own...)

I have I nice solution just trade in an egg and hatch it. I also have another update cause Johto's Kanto is so short and easy.

Final update
- Got S.S Ticket from Prof. Elm
- Sailed to Vermillion
- High tailed it on over to silent bridge to get the Super Rod
- Went back to Mahogany town to fish up a Remaraid named Kraken
- Did all of Kanto Routes that I could
- Back to Vermillion Aragog dug some holes trapping Lt.Surge
- Sabrina = Lots of Fury Cutters
- Erika asked for a Flame Thrower
- Janine got a few Psychics from Frostbite
- Misty ate a few Thunder Punches and some random attack to kill the quagsire
- Got the Machine part for the generator got expan. card for pokegear
- Pushed a fat tub of lard out of the way so I can get in Digglet's Cave
- Kraken wanted to go surfing with Brock
- Kraken meet Blaine, Blaine meet surf
- Got Blue to go back to his gym
- Blue was at least somewhat of a challenge
- Gound entire party up to lvl 60 to try to take out Red
Red Battle:
- Aragog did multiple digs to try to make that Pikacrap go away and only just succeeded
- Out comes Snorelax the thing that I can't hit for super effective damage so I swords danced up Scissors all the way to max ATK
- LOL Red sacrificed his Venusaur (I still didn't switch Scissors out)
- He brought in the Heat of his Team Charizard so Scissors said TTFN Kraken tried to surf it out but got obliterated so Magmos Thunder Punched it
- Red selected Espeon next so back came Scissors with more Swords Dances and Fury Cutter
- Last came Blastoise I tried to Wing Attack it but Scissors was to slow and got taken out so Magmos tried a Thunder Punch and got KO-ed after dealing some damage
Frostbite came out next to charm are way to Victory with some Lovely Kisses and packed a punch with Psychic

Team:
Aragog3_zps56b6ab59.png
Scissors3_zps7a9536c3.png
Magmos3_zps724198fd.png
Frostbite2_zps48b9fd1c.png
Krakan_zps24f78a71.png

Red Victory:
Red_zps128ae0a2.png
TheEnd_zps53857446.png

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Still afraid of evolving Pokeymanz into a Whirlipede. I would have to grind him like mad until he evolves into a Scolipede, since "wrong color" Pokemon need to evolve as soon as possible.

You don't need to grind like mad or anything, just evolve it when you get to L30 rather than canceling it, that's all I meant.

And, yeah, XY has trading capabilities, so that's what you would use if there aren't any Pokémon of your color before the second gym.

Still no update yet, but will have enough progress soon I hope.

Years
Fire Red Red Mono-Color Challenge - Completed

I didn't document all my progress on this. I started two days ago and marathoned it, so i'll just document how things went in the important fights. For that matter, I was refusing to use items in battle, and I was on Set mode, so that made things more intense.
Spoiler:

Here was my final team:
Spoiler:

Final playing time: 22:14 - Around four of those hours were final preparations after Victory Road. I had fun here, even though I went through this one extremely fast I liked the team I got to use.

That leaves Kalos and Kanto knocked off. I'll get started on Ruby soon.

Last edited:
Back