• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is Game Freak's new "Collaboration"?

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
Game Freak, the developer that has worked primarily on Pokemon for the past twenty years or so, is teasing a new "collaboration" on its website.

Spoiler:

The text reads "A classic game that's played all over the world will be reborn in a surprising collaboration". It's partially obscured by a bloom-heavy silhouette of... a four-legged armoured Moomin? A Pokemon that I don't recognise? Who knows.

Game Freak has made HarmoKnight and 2005's Drill Dozer as well as all the main-series Pokemon games, and also made the charmingly bizarre Game Boy Camera software for Nintendo's Game Boy Color. Surely this must be Pokemon-related, but perhaps not. What do you think?

IGN

I wonder what it could be? O.o

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
After seeing this article, I've been across the web looking at speculation. The Serebii Forums are saying Harvest Moon x Pokemon, and I've heard that suggestion thrown out a lot. Please note that it might not be Pokemon related, it says, "A classic game that's played all over the world" So it may not be Pokemon. Also, this could be Corocoro's "Scoop of the Century" so this could be something big.

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
After seeing this article, I've been across the web looking at speculation. The Serebii Forums are saying Harvest Moon x Pokemon, and I've heard that suggestion thrown out a lot. Please note that it might not be Pokemon related, it says, "A classic game that's played all over the world" So it may not be Pokemon. Also, this could be Corocoro's "Scoop of the Century" so this could be something big.

True, but that doesn't mean we couldn't hope it is! I'd say the odds are in our favor considering Pokemon is pretty much the only series they've made over the past 17 years besides 3 non-related games. If it weren't Pokemon related, I don't think it'd be on their website, but another of Nintendo's developers.

I've never played Harvest Moon, but if it were an HM x Pokemkn collab that'd be incredibly interesting.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
What you guys seem to be forgetting is that, Pokemon is a classic game played all around the world. If pokemon isn't classic, then I don't know what is. Plus it's played in U.S., Europe, and Japan. I think that constitutes for around the world.
So maybe some weird spin on Pokemon?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The shape of the silhouette does look like something from Harvest Moon, so I see why everyone at Serebii first thought Harvest Moon X Pokemon. But darn it, when will I see a Capcom crossover with Pokemon?

Years
Well, harvest moon does have some similar aspects to Pokémon so it wouldn't be too hard to do something like that, and if that's the case I'll be insanely happy as they are 2 of my favorite series ^^

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm not so sure it'll be a Pokemon game. Gamefreak has never made a spin off to thier series. For me this kills the possibility of a spin off crossover.

It'll be exciting to see who they are working with.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I've seen some speculations that it could LoZ; people have said because of the introduction of fairies (and the rumoured fairy legend trio) that it could be possible; and that the silhouette is obviously a horse/pony so it could be a link to Epona. I dunno if I want to believe this; I mean it'd be cool but I doubt it. I think it is something to do with Pokemon though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I haven't read a thing about this, really. And I don't really want to form opinions and hopes without more solid information, haha. But whatever it is, I'm sure it will be interesting. Pokemon Conquest was also a collaboration of sorts, and that worked out well. Guess we'll have to wait and see what we get!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I haven't read a thing about this, really. And I don't really want to form opinions and hopes without more solid information, haha. But whatever it is, I'm sure it will be interesting. Pokemon Conquest was also a collaboration of sorts, and that worked out well. Guess we'll have to wait and see what we get!
Well... Conquest is supposed to get sequel so we might not get anything new but it's signal for Conquest sequel.

Strider.

I don't think it's a pokémon thing, actually. But it would surely be interesting. It looks like a fat My Little Pony to me ;)

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
I don't think it is pokemon, and it said all around the world classic? Hmmm... Pacman? XD No, but seriously, I am not sure...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So many people on the internet are already bashing this IP for not being another Pokemon crossover game nor a AAA title. Seems like their expectations were way too high.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Back